Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

2195DDBE-B7CB-4B45-86A8-F09FFF984DEA.jpeg
Strat

That looks great on you Reggie.

Good morning from Minnesota. A dog soiree this morning found me wearing a pre-40's Brock back-bow fedora. The overwelt on the Brock is excellent craftsmanship.

i-n66PdqB-M.jpg

i-Tq4brQF-M.jpg

Home and picking up leaf and limb clutter in the front of the house had me wearing a vintage Stetson. It is marked "Royal" quality. The felt, craftsmanship in the edge treatment and the liner are above the labeled quality.

i-BcCW9t7-M.jpg

i-2Z5BXCh-M.jpg

i-XVRj2fN-M.jpg

i-Q4mBm6s-M.jpg

i-HpqpRdc-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Very nice, Eric.

Very nice collection
Thank you.

What a parade of hats and coats this week Stefan. Do I spy a hand welted edge on that Bertiel?

quite interesting about the bowler in the rain
Thanks, Joe. Well spotted about the Berteil. Quite late in the day for a Cavanagh edge (or as the Italians would have it: feltrato): the hat is from 1981. I did expect this from the bowler either; very odd. Glad it decided to go back to original size though.

You got it right immediately, Marcel. They are very nice hats, certainly the early ones, and I try to buy any if I can find them.

Dang! Just plain sharp today Reggie.

The shape of the brim is magnificent. I love the liner. I can not keep my liners as pristine as you do. Cheers.

Excellent hat IMO.

Truly an exquisite hat! The swoop, thin brim, shape of crown - everything is correct IMO. Thanks for sharing.

WOW! I am confident you can see me tippin my hat brim in your direction this morning. Just plain a wow. Your two tone and Alan's two tone are incredible vintage hats.

Thanks for sharing. Knox did it well. The closer for me is the details on the windcord. Go vintage Knox's.

Sharp, just plain sharp.

Doing the Mac Lachan hat proud! Lovely hat and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your line-up. I do look forward to your posts. Cheers.

Storing straws - good idea. You have prompted me to get off the "couch" and get going with storing.

Classy evening IMO, pizza and wine. All is good with the world.

Really! A water spigot I have down on the lower lawn broke this morning. Turned the water off and headed to the hardware store to pick-up essential repair supplies. I donned a pre-40's Stetson Special. This is hat of the Canadian Hurley's store recent find. Excellent felt and fixings. Last evening I wore the hat and it got wet in a rain. Today the ribbon shows some water marks. I will have to address that in the upcoming days. Glorious hat!

It did not take a lot of time to repair the broken water spigot. Yea!!!!!!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-n46b5HS/0/09aa10ca/M/i-n46b5HS-M.jpg
i-n46b5HS-M.jpg

i-q2dMPdQ-M.jpg

i-gSWbTM7-M.jpg

The underbrim pic (below) is the accurate showcase of the felt hue.

i-tNqkBxm-M.jpg

The liner details rock.

i-wk7Kvdk-M.jpg

I have started a slow roast of some meats in preparation of a Hungarian Goulash. I am working the grill in a Borsolino longer haired fedora.

i-wc76MhJ-M.jpg

The quality of the felt of this vintage fedora is exceptional. A milkshake hued felt and dynamite appointments should have this fedora seeing lots of head time.

i-CR3W6nb-M.jpg

i-4Qg8tvR-M.jpg

i-7JNHtdK-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Thank you, Eric. Your wonderful daily selections are an inspiration.

Yet another great hat week, Stefan. I'm particularly drawn to the Mallory. Nice shape to it.
Thanks, Steve. Love the Mallory: a wonderful gift from Randy @Rmccamey.

Two more very special lids Eric! That Premier liner is to die for. That Italian Stallion is superb.
Thanks, Mike. It is quite subtle for a bowler, but a great hat for sure.

mallory bowler_07.jpg
mallory bowler_10.jpg

Quick trip to the grocery store on a cool, but sunny day. A light weight hat was in order. My go-to for this is a wonderful early 50s Borsalino Featherweight. This hat is via Anthony Amodeo from a couple of years ago. I do love the wider brim, and the soft felt. Archive pic, didn't get the camera out before heading out.

View attachment 366310 View attachment 366311 View attachment 366315
Borsalino lightweights: gotta love them! Super hat, Mike.

Out listening to some acoustic blues/jazz for brunch. I wore my Stetson Royal DeLuxe Stratoliner in a tan felt. Great to be out and about!

i-xLPmHd5-M.jpg

i-Zj7JsB3-M.jpg

i-9stfkBP-M.jpg

i-wDRLjdw-M.jpg

i-g8ZrTWZ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
I can see by the crease how wonderful that felt is. Lovely hat.

Gorgeous heather hat, Bill.

Wearing my @Randall Renshaw Mallory Aristocrat refurb down at the marina today. View attachment 366341
Very nice, Steve. Nice coat as well.

Thank you, kind of you to say so.

Always the flatterer, but you know I love it. Looking at your fabulous collection of photos made me think that had they been in black & white sepia, you could easily have been mistaken for an inter-war matinée idol. The hats are superb and that's because they compliment each outfit.

We have just arrived home from a vintage style afternoon dance called: Sugar Push. It's one of the basic moves of Lindy Hop and other swing dances. It was great to be out again, in the evening we gathered at an Italian restaurant where we enjoyed fine food, good company and a convivial atmosphere.

Before leaving home Tina said: "Are we dressing up?" "Is the pope a catholic?" I replied. "I'm wearing blue," she said, adding, "wear your hat that Esther made." I didn't have to say which one. Tina loves the Strat-look-a-like. Who am I to argue?
View attachment 366359
Thanks, Robert I'll tell my wife you said that!;) Can't promise she'll believe you though!

What a great week. The Panizza is perfection.
Thank you, Alan. Much appreciated.

Meanwhile, I've got mail.

View attachment 366361
Nice to see they had it in your size!

A fine week indeed Stefan
Thank you, Alan.
Nice one, Brent. Enjoy it: might the one of the very few times it was not impossible to follow Alan's @alanfgag post.;)

I refined the crease on my moonshine FEPSA build a bit, and added a bit of a brim roll at the front.

Success!

Dobbs Cross Country

I would have this one always at the ready in my light felt rotation if I wasn’t babying what is barely left of the old sweatband.

View attachment 366390 View attachment 366391 View attachment 366392 View attachment 366393
It's on my wish list. Light weight, unlined and great shape: love it.

Looking swell, Reggie.

As usual Stefan you have again provided us with an overwhelming array of hats and sartorial splendor. The Mayser Antelope is outstanding.
Thanks, Reggie. Much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana