Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Pellie

One Too Many
Stetson Sovereign last day of the year! Best wishes for all of you!
20211231_115757.jpg
20211231_115809.jpg
20211231_115855.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Happy New Year, Loungers!
I saw the New Year in in my bowler at home with Etsuko.
765B6BAA-A51C-498D-AEE0-DFA1310A61AB.jpeg

New Year’s is not party time in Japan. More like Christmas - a time for family. The flower arrangements are by Etsuko. The flower is called habotan - an ornamental kale that is a traditional New Year’s flower in Japan.
2096AC60-82B0-4223-9A76-96F6D3BF6485.jpeg

I started a new thread. Looking forward to some contributions…https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/show-us-your-2021-hats.106453/

Last edited:
View attachment 392177
New Year’s is not party time in Japan. More like Christmas - a time for family. The flower arrangements are by Etsuko. The flower is called habotan - an ornamental kale that is a traditional New Year’s flower in Japan.
View attachment 392181
I started a new thread. Looking forward to some contributions…https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/show-us-your-2021-hats.106453/
Cheers.. Happy New Year Gary.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Federation IV for an afternoon walk on New Year’s Day.
A4E22C86-A47C-4231-999D-B89BB114F8FD.jpeg

Etsuko wore a beanie, so wasn’t up for being photographed.
We needed the exercise after our traditional Japanese New Year’s Day “breakfast”. It lasted until after midday and we skipped dinner as well. Etsuko puts on a good spread when she puts her mind to it.
4E67EDEF-362A-4476-BA06-0605325A9A7F.jpeg
59AAC357-3D0A-4A29-99D4-212150B53989.jpeg

We started in the morning with Fuku Beer - a celebratory beer that one of our favourite breweries puts out every year for New Year’s…
1A0B7FE5-5691-451E-9D23-DE84356CAB0A.jpeg

…and followed it up with Nihonshū (better known as sake in the rest of the world).
65138038-BF5E-4D8C-868F-DE41E11C89EC.jpeg

We don’t drink it very often other than New Year’s Day, but this one from Niigata was very nice.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Year folks.

New Years eve was low key at my house as my wife has been on the mend, having Covid for the past 5 days. Yesterday with her appetite returning and energy up our festivities ended before 10:00 pm. I was out handling chores and snow removal in a Gannon during the day.

i-TGNdxBc-M.jpg

i-9h5vHms-M.jpg

i-KPCDQpd-M.jpg

The temps dropped all day. This morning it has warmed up to -11f' (-24'c). No hats worn early morning. I wore a Cordova cap with a warm wool coat for my dog soirre.

i-3G4VdSM-M.jpg

I wore a Gannon (bluemist beaver felt inspired by the Stetson Playboy) for a brief jaunt around the property sipping coffee. Back under a cap with ear flaps for continued outside efforts.

i-Mfmnw3S-M.jpg

i-LR6kGRV-M.jpg

Stay warm folks. Cheers, Eric -

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Year folks.

New Years eve was low key at my house as my wife has been on the mend, having Covid for the past 5 days. Yesterday with her appetite returning and energy up our festivities ended before 10:00 pm. I was out handling chores and snow removal in a Gannon during the day.

i-TGNdxBc-M.jpg

i-9h5vHms-M.jpg

i-KPCDQpd-M.jpg

The temps dropped all day. This morning it has warmed up to -11f' (-24'c). No hats worn early morning. I wore a Cordova cap with a warm wool coat for my dog soirre.

i-3G4VdSM-M.jpg

I wore a Gannon (bluemist beaver felt inspired by the Stetson Playboy) for a brief jaunt around the property sipping coffee. Back under a cap with ear flaps for continued outside efforts.

i-Mfmnw3S-M.jpg

i-LR6kGRV-M.jpg

Happy New Year, Eric.
Two great Gannons, though it looks more like weather for caps with ear flaps.
Hope your wife recovers soon.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Year folks.

i-TGNdxBc-M.jpg

i-9h5vHms-M.jpg

i-KPCDQpd-M.jpg

i-3G4VdSM-M.jpg

i-Mfmnw3S-M.jpg

i-LR6kGRV-M.jpg

Eric, so sorry read that your good lady has Covid, glad though that she's on the mend, sending her get well soon message and to you and your family, a Happy New Year.
Robert.

Happy New Year folks.

i-TGNdxBc-M.jpg

i-9h5vHms-M.jpg

i-KPCDQpd-M.jpg

i-3G4VdSM-M.jpg

i-Mfmnw3S-M.jpg

i-LR6kGRV-M.jpg

Best wishes for your wife’s speedy recovery. Happy New Year.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Celebrating Auld Lang Syne and all that with my oldest felt, a Stetson No. 1 Quality (LOT 2534):
IMG_4342.JPG
IMG_4341.JPG

A leading and trailing frayed bow edge seemed fitting for Janus, Roman god of time, duality, and transitions. One eye with an appreciation and respect for the past, but also an understanding and acceptance that the future will be different. Change, evolve, grow...or don't. Cling to a past that doesn't reflect reality and become obsolete.

Happy New Years all!

622D4871-CC26-4CC1-80BD-AF64A7E41AB6.jpeg

Knox Tall Bowler
Approx 5 1/4 Crown
Dimensional brim 2 inch front 1 5/8 sides
1 inch grosgrain ribbon

Although “double vaxed and boosted” and through a few close calls… I thought I might make it through the holiday season without a new HAS infection… alas it appears I have a breakthrough case just in time to celebrate the new year. This tall Knox derby with dimensional brim creates a bit of a different profile. It sports an Approximately 5 1/4 crown and brim measuring 2 inches to the front and 1 5/8 on the sides to the tight D’Orsay curl.

I’m not quite sure on the dating… but I imagine this type of Knox tag would put it pre HCA merger.

92BCB9D6-2504-4589-B184-756FFBEF6B4C.jpeg
2079889A-1781-4552-9D5E-A1DBB0A07CBA.jpeg
B2878082-4168-4FA2-950A-431EFD3ACD98.jpeg
F35229B8-84E7-487D-8159-88F510C745B5.jpeg

DA702B01-8DE5-4B6E-989C-312495149EB9.jpeg

Auld Lang Syne.... We’ll drink a toast to days gone by and cheers to the days to come. Happy New Year 2022.

33C7E6CB-2AD9-4E00-BB3B-80F9FEDCF98F.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Happy New Year folks.

i-TGNdxBc-M.jpg

i-9h5vHms-M.jpg

i-KPCDQpd-M.jpg

i-3G4VdSM-M.jpg

i-Mfmnw3S-M.jpg

i-LR6kGRV-M.jpg

Glad your wife is on the improve.
Happy New Year, Eric.

Not today, but for a winter hike on Christmas Day:
1930s Henry Heath Homburg in black

42728496zs.jpg

42728497ym.jpg

The snow was even enough for a sled ride
42728500hz.jpg
Fantastic, Matt. Hat, coat and scarf (I think I have the same one!) all excellent. Nice photos as well.

New to me and today just for homeoffice:
Italian made "Tiger Hat" Homburg in purple-gray
42728566it.jpg

42728565rb.jpg
And another beautiful homburg. That has some presence. Panos knows how to find them!

Another busy day of cleaning in and around the house. Our reward was Thai food. We both wore Hornskovs. Etsuko in her camel Author…
View attachment 391865
I was once again in the Rancher I got for Christmas. I was planning to wear something different, but in the end, the Rancher seemed to work best with my outfit.
View attachment 391866 View attachment 391867
Both great hats, Gary.

Can't go wrong with that, Joe. Classic.

That's a commanding hat, Perry. I like the woop of that brim.

Stetson Sovereign last day of the year! Best wishes for all of you!
View attachment 392136 View attachment 392137 View attachment 392138
Nice one, Marcel.

View attachment 392177
View attachment 392181
Looking good, Gary!

Yesterday was a dress down day at work, no uniforms for the Command Staff. I topped off my outfit with my Carbon Grey Stylemaster. I also let our youngest tag along with me and we snapped some pictures of each other. A wonderful way to end 2021.

View attachment 392247

View attachment 392248 Have a safe and blessed New Year!
Steven
Very nice, Steven.

Federation IV for an afternoon walk on New Year’s Day.
View attachment 392346
Etsuko wore a beanie, so wasn’t up for being photographed.
We needed the exercise after our traditional Japanese New Year’s Day “breakfast”. It lasted until after midday and we skipped dinner as well. Etsuko puts on a good spread when she puts her mind to it.
View attachment 392345 View attachment 392347
We started in the morning with Fuku Beer - a celebratory beer that one of our favourite breweries puts out every year for New Year’s…
View attachment 392343
…and followed it up with Nihonshū (better known as sake in the rest of the world).
View attachment 392344
We don’t drink it very often other than New Year’s Day, but this one from Niigata was very nice.
Aaah, food pics! Great outfit and lovelt food, Gary.

Happy New Year folks.

i-TGNdxBc-M.jpg

i-9h5vHms-M.jpg

i-KPCDQpd-M.jpg

i-3G4VdSM-M.jpg

i-Mfmnw3S-M.jpg

i-LR6kGRV-M.jpg

Wonderful parade as usual, Eric.

Beautiful Knox, Brent.

Celebrating Auld Lang Syne and all that with my oldest felt, a Stetson No. 1 Quality (LOT 2534):
View attachment 392402 View attachment 392401

A leading and trailing frayed bow edge seemed fitting for Janus, Roman god of time, duality, and transitions. One eye with an appreciation and respect for the past, but also an understanding and acceptance that the future will be different. Change, evolve, grow...or don't. Cling to a past that doesn't reflect reality and become obsolete.

Happy New Years all!
Obsolete or not: I'd cling to that hat, Jonathan! Gorgeous.

View attachment 392428

Knox Tall Bowler
Approx 5 1/4 Crown
Dimensional brim 2 inch front 1 5/8 sides
1 inch grosgrain ribbon

Although “double vaxed and boosted” and through a few close calls… I thought I might make it through the holiday season without a new HAS infection… alas it appears I have a breakthrough case just in time to celebrate the new year. This tall Knox derby with dimensional brim creates a bit of a different profile. It sports an Approximately 5 1/4 crown and brim measuring 2 inches to the front and 1 5/8 on the sides to the tight D’Orsay curl.

I’m not quite sure on the dating… but I imagine this type of Knox tag would put it pre HCA merger.

View attachment 392429 View attachment 392430 View attachment 392431 View attachment 392432

View attachment 392433

Auld Lang Syne.... We’ll drink a toast to days gone by and cheers to the days to come. Happy New Year 2022.

View attachment 392434
Great style, Joe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21