Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

8A26AA67-AC99-4A48-AAD2-322EF2A92802.jpeg

JT hat company
Texas-originally a Western, refurbished as a fedora before I got it.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
An ultra rare 40s Schoble fedora that I have completely restored back to its original condition...as much as possible.
This was a job done for a client who has hundreds of super nice vintage fedoras and westerns, most if not all in mint condition. So it was with some trepidation that I agreed to take on such a task on a rare and wonderful hat and name plate. Probably just as much concern on the client’s side, too, I’d imagine. However, I think she turned out quite nice.
The pics show the stages of its restoration.
Hated having to send this one back a week ago. Client is very happy that I did!
Guess I need to start a restoration thread since I can’t find one that’ll work?
Notice in two of the photos the shape of the hat as it arrived to the client in a too small box. The horror!!!
He referred to it as the, “Square Schoble “.
A superb job, Randall. I can see why it was hard posting that one back.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Don Vegas

New in Town
New Akubra Avalon in Tempest. I'd say it's in between darkness and more blue than Moonstone and Carbon for those that know the Akubra color palette. Wish they'd offer this color in other styles. I'd buy them all. Really cool color. Sizing was way off on the large so had to steam around the leather band and let it dry out in the sun. Must have shrunk a good size and a half. Doesn't seem too distorted, but too much of a hassle to ship back and forth anyway. I'll hit it with the steamer again to even up some lines and bulges next time I grab it. The brim felt is very soft, but can still hold some waves, pinches, and what not.

WRPWxrl.jpg
Looking to get the Avalon myself. I'm just below 58cm. 57.8 to be exact. I'm between sizes based on the akubra chart. Sounds like the L was way too big for you. Do you mind me asking what your normal size is?

View attachment 400210 Good to see you all are still here!
A flat top homburg that I’ve been hoping to find!
A late model fur felt custom, but impressed with it anyway.
The only “modern” hat in my collection.
Love all the attitude it has and imbues to the wearer. View attachment 400208 View attachment 400209
Good to see you, Randall. Lovely hat in a style we almost never see around here.

CD deluxe. Have a great weekend folks! View attachment 400325
Very nice, Steve. Some serious height to the crown it seems.

With the Lounge doors shuttered I had to do something different … like go outside.

Enjoyed some long walks in the snow and checked the game cams.

My wife and I are both wearing Akubras. She’s sporting a Riverina (that is going to need some cleaning now that the conchos have shifted) am I’m in a Cattleman.

View attachment 400346

View attachment 400347

View attachment 400348

The following day still finds her in the Riverina and me in an American Hat Co. 3X.

View attachment 400351

View attachment 400349

View attachment 400354

View attachment 400350

Found a rock with a hole in it (I don’t feel a visit to the creek is complete without doing that — the snow made it difficult).

View attachment 400352
The game cam results were … uh … interesting.

View attachment 400353
Some great crisp winter photos, Bob. And nice hats as well!

I definitely can’t compete with the @BobHufford gamecam! I am back in the office full time this week—consoling myself that it means more hat time. Wore my Gannon today. Not only do I love the way it looks but it is also my most comfortable hat—that soft felt and sweatband are just an amazing combo. Hope you all are well!

David View attachment 400427
Excellent hat, David.

So happy to see so many of us were crowding around waiting for the lounge doors to open

View attachment 400444

1940s Dobbs
Thick luxurious Black felt
5 1/2 ish open crown
2 inch ribbon black cherry
2 1/8 brim with 3/8 binding

With the lounge closed… this one had to wait a few days for its debut. @Just Daniel sent me a heads up for this 40s Dobbs at an excellent Buy it Now with the note… “This 40s Dobbs has your name on it”. being that somehow it was still there the next morning when I had the chance take a look, I had to go for it. It may be another short brimmed black hat.. but this is far from Just Another short brimmed black hat. I do love my shorter brimmed hats… but it is nice to find a short brim that isn’t the run of the mill 60s kinda hat. The dark black felt is a bit on the thick and luxurious side… but VERY obedient. The grosgrain ribbon and brim binding have just a tinge of black cherry coloring. Which I am not sure if it isn’t just from fading over the years or it’s original.. but it was something that drew me to the hat. The brim dutifully snaps up and down but it really seems to shine when it is turned up in this almost a casual homburg kinda shape. No manufacturing tags I could find under the sweat… just a $12.50 price tag from Klopfenstein‘s. In the absence of the manufacturing tag, the roundel logo was the biggest hint to a 40s hat. I chose to wear this hat this weekend as we said our goodbyes to our friend and family members Mike as I knew he would have loved this one. What I didn’t expect was to get more compliments about my hat than just about ever before. As Daniel said… this one has my name on it… Sometimes I think some of you all here know me better than I do. Thank you for thinking of me.

View attachment 400446 View attachment 400447 View attachment 400448 View attachment 400450 View attachment 400451 View attachment 400452 View attachment 400453 View attachment 400454
Nice catch, Joe. Looks great on you.

Double secret probation has ended. I had been getting "Account Suspended" notifications. They magically went away. I can only assume my suspension ended. ;)

Good morning. It has warmed up so that hats are back on my head.

Sunday, Monday and today I have been wearing Stetson Whippets (blue, charcoal and light gray).

i-MFgJqqd-M.jpg

i-7FjB3dh-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Maybe it was because of the risk of overdose from an endless stream of magnificent hats, Eric. The others here can only take so much. Very glad to see them again though!

Beautiful day with bright sun like yesterday and the day before yesterday and very difficult to photograph "shiny" hats.
View attachment 400488
Too many "colors" in the shadows, affected by surrounding objects.
View attachment 400495
Today, I wear a rarity that I have only seen a few times in this honey color.
View attachment 400496
"Panizza De Luxe" with long fur and bow quite out of the ordinary.
View attachment 400501
Size 59 or 7 3/8 in the USA, there are not others interesting notes on the paper label, only a series of number and letters
View attachment 400509
In his visit with Steve a few years ago to the old Panizza factory, now home to the museum, he recognized the machines for producing and finishing "velour" felt, in fact Panizza was the last of the Italian hat factories to produce this type of felt.
View attachment 400510
Have a nice day with the new livery of Fedora Lounge
Another petting hat; makes my hands go all tingly. Wonderful.

An ultra rare 40s Schoble fedora that I have completely restored back to its original condition...as much as possible.
This was a job done for a client who has hundreds of super nice vintage fedoras and westerns, most if not all in mint condition. So it was with some trepidation that I agreed to take on such a task on a rare and wonderful hat and name plate. Probably just as much concern on the client’s side, too, I’d imagine. However, I think she turned out quite nice.
The pics show the stages of its restoration.
Hated having to send this one back a week ago. Client is very happy that I did!
Guess I need to start a restoration thread since I can’t find one that’ll work?
Notice in two of the photos the shape of the hat as it arrived to the client in a too small box. The horror!!!
He referred to it as the, “Square Schoble “.
Fabulous work, Randall and an equally fabulous hat.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
My whole schedule for last sunday lay in dust, but better late than never I guess. Here are last week's hats.

T&W Lees eventide grey
View attachment 400552

Cambiaghi woolfelt
View attachment 400553

Resistol Majestic View attachment 400554

Cervo Bantam
View attachment 400555

T&W Lees eventide grey
View attachment 400556

Lembert chamois
View attachment 400557

Mallory XV
View attachment 400558
Better late than never indeed, Stefan. I was beginning to worry that I'd never see your wonderful exhibition of your week's worth of hats again. Not to mention the hats of our other esteemed fellow loungers.

Thankfully, the two day upgrade of the FL is over and was well worth the wait. As was your post, Stefan.

Looking forward to next Sunday

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
With the Lounge doors shuttered I had to do something different … like go outside.

Enjoyed some long walks in the snow and checked the game cams.

My wife and I are both wearing Akubras. She’s sporting a Riverina (that is going to need some cleaning now that the conchos have shifted) am I’m in a Cattleman.

View attachment 400346

View attachment 400347

View attachment 400348

The following day still finds her in the Riverina and me in an American Hat Co. 3X.

View attachment 400351

View attachment 400349

View attachment 400354

View attachment 400350

Found a rock with a hole in it (I don’t feel a visit to the creek is complete without doing that — the snow made it difficult).

View attachment 400352
The game cam results were … uh … interesting.

View attachment 400353
Great pics Bob.
Seems that buck knows what’s up when the lounge is down.
B

Better late than never indeed, Stefan. I was beginning to worry that I'd never see your wonderful exhibition of your week's worth of hats again. Not to mention the hats of our other esteemed fellow loungers.

Thankfully, the two day upgrade of the FL is over and was well worth the wait. As was your post, Stefan.

Looking forward to next Sunday
Thank you, Steve. There was a risk of exceeding the 10 pic limit there for a moment:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21