Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Resistol with the ubiquitous "kitten finish" tag. 20220315_164049.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Steve! It's certainly more "organic" than most porkers. I've found a great video on converting pre-formed crowns to porkpie with a very smooth end product, so I'm tempted.

My intent is to create more great variety in my collection,

Thank you, Steve! It's certainly more "organic" than most porkers. I've found a great video on converting pre-formed crowns to porkpie with a very smooth end product, so I'm tempted.

My intent is to create more great variety in my collection, like YOU!
I always admire your hats, Charlie. You carry them off so well. I think you'd look great in one of these:-
20220315_215500.jpg

quikrick

One Too Many
I guess if you're looking for hints of quality, condition or maker to purchase it that's ok.
But once I was sitting at a table with a mixed crowd (people that I did not know), I had my hat on my lap and the guy next to me reaches over and takes it and starts poking at it and inspecting it. RUDE!
I also had a coworker grab at my neck tie and turn it over to see the label again... RUDE!
*Rant Over*

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I guess if you're looking for hints of quality, condition or maker to purchase it that's ok.
But once I was sitting at a table with a mixed crowd (people that I did not know), I had my hat on my lap and the guy next to me reaches over and takes it and starts poking at it and inspecting it. RUDE!
I also had a coworker grab at my neck tie and turn it over to see the label again... RUDE!
*Rant Over*
Rude indeed, Rick. Whatever happened to "May I see ... ?"

The Shoe

One Too Many
*Rant Over*
I occasionally get kids at school grab at my hats. I let them hold them and even try them on, but I tell them to handle them very carefully. The few that ignore that request get an earful!

*Rant Over*
Here is a bit of the opposite… I Wore my St Regis to a wedding tonight… while sitting outside I had my hat laying on a little table. A boy maybe 3 or so years old comes up and decides my hat is the perfect place to put his toy car. He puts it in.. dumps it out over and over. Even though I had decided I was going to let it be whatever… inside I still winced inside each time he grabbed it. I then asked him if he thought it was a magic hat As I picked up the hat letting the toy car slide out into my hand and placing the hat on my head… then removing the hat… no car. The amazed look on his face kept me going as I repeated the trick probably 30 or 40 times he was just as astonished every time that toy car would disappear and then reappear. For that Little moment of time…. That old magic hat and my “magic skills” (I have none) to a 3 year old I was David Copperfield.

C039445E-AFC9-43AF-B471-9F9D6C938A36.jpeg

oh and magically. The hat was just fine.

Last edited:

Monte

A-List Customer
Quickrick. I've had mostly the fairer sex knock off, snatch, make teasing comments, or even insult my headwear. What can ya do? If I like what I see, and how I feel when I wear it, it must be awesome. ;^) Make every measure to protect it I guess.
As far as grabbing your silk tie and manhandling it to see the designer. That's just like when school is out: Nooo Class!
BLARE, looks like a magic kind of night out.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This morning's dog soirre was taken under a Stetson Flagship. Air Force blue for a Flagship is, IMO, an appropriate felt hue.

i-zPd3Cbs-M.jpg

i-P5bJbJj-M.jpg

i-Zp4SHMB-M.jpg

I changed so I was sport'n an VS Artlite silvermist beaver fedora for my after walk cool down. Artlite (lightweight beaver felt) is a glorious lightweight felt.

i-LDmx3gw-M.jpg

This hat took inspiration from the Stetson Weston.

i-T9ZDSCq-M.jpg

The Stetson Weston was a Whippet with a different brim edge treatment. To my eye a very classy looking fedora. The composition of ribbon size, hat dimensions and shape really appealed to my eye. It was a $15.oo hat compared to the $10.00 Whippet. Quite a deal, I think. As perhaps others, I have been searching for a vintage version of this hat since becoming aware of the model.

i-bLmnHFR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

This morning's dog soirre was taken under a Stetson Flagship. Air Force blue for a Flagship is, IMO, an appropriate felt hue.

i-zPd3Cbs-M.jpg

i-P5bJbJj-M.jpg

i-Zp4SHMB-M.jpg

I changed so I was sport'n an VS Artlite silvermist beaver fedora for my after walk cool down. Artlite (lightweight beaver felt) is a glorious lightweight felt.

i-LDmx3gw-M.jpg

This hat took inspiration from the Stetson Weston.

i-T9ZDSCq-M.jpg

The Stetson Weston was a Whippet with a different brim edge treatment. To my eye a very classy looking fedora. The composition of ribbon size, hat dimensions and shape really appealed to my eye. It was a $15.oo hat compared to the $10.00 Whippet. Quite a deal, I think. As perhaps others, I have been searching for a vintage version of this hat since becoming aware of the model.

i-bLmnHFR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That Flagship in Airforce blue is one amazing hat

Monte

A-List Customer

My intent is to create more great variety in my collection, like YOU!
HOOWWDEEE! hatsRme, looking casually smart!... you've got the mug for that style for certain, though I've never handled one that fit me so I'm not sure about myself. It's all our perceptions I guess. I've quit wearing a hat or two once I saw photos of my strong chin and stingy brimmed lid looking out of proportion. I would probably like one on me better if it said: 'Resistol western, made in Texas' on the sweatband. nice seeing you after these years!

HOOWWDEEE! hatsRme, looking casually smart!... you've got the mug for that style for certain, though I've never handled one that fit me so I'm not sure about myself. It's all our perceptions I guess. I've quit wearing a hat or two once I saw photos of my strong chin and stingy brimmed lid looking out of proportion. I would probably like one on me better if it said: 'Resistol western, made in Texas' on the sweatband. nice seeing you after these years!
Thanks Monte!! Yes, it’s fantastic to hear from you! I trust you have grown the family, and have some time back?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy