Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

StoryPNW

One Too Many
Good Sunday morning. I was under a Borsolino fedora for a dog soirre.

i-bXdvh5m-M.jpg

i-hkQQRqB-M.jpg

i-SGBN4M9-M.jpg

i-9KwXDBs-M.jpg

i-BnGDmQs-M.jpg

i-gKv4XJv-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Both of those are spectacular, I'm really drawn to the thin ribbon hats lately.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Both of those are spectacular, I'm really drawn to the thin ribbon hats lately.
I find the mid ribbon and thin-ribbons very easy to wear in "town and country."

I agree with the statement from the thin-ribboned 40's Stetson Stratoliner advertisements, they are "Just right for Going Places."

Thanks for the hat compliment sir. Eric -

View attachment 413580 My newest resized restoration.
This size 7 come 7 1/4 mid 50s Strat was sold in a store in my Mother’s hometown of Woodland, Cal.
Was the sole reason I was willing to spend the $120 to get it. Seller started it out at $399, but I patiently waited till she brought the price down slowly after a week and half. I had been talking with the seller about the sentiment behind my wanting it.
Mom is very happy and says, “ya know, I was in high school when that hat was sold and it’s possible I could’ve passed that man on the street and maybe tipped this very hat at me.”
She looked in her 4 year books and saw the ads from the Provost Men’s Shop. She says she doesn’t remember the store, because her Dust Bowl family couldn’t afford to shop at high end stores.
I love this Strat.

View attachment 413576 View attachment 413578 on the homemade hat block View attachment 413589 re-sewn in liner. Curious, but this hat had no reorder tags inside. View attachment 413590 still has a 2 3/4” brim and squared up 5 1/2” crown. View attachment 413583
Wonderful Randall. Glad your mom got to go a bit down memory lane.

The week in hats. It was sunny all week; imagine that!

Berteil castor

View attachment 413633

Wormser royal luxury
View attachment 413634

Borsalino celesca
View attachment 413635

Stetson Sovereign Twenty (I got the memo)
View attachment 413636

Mossant angola
View attachment 413637

Stetson Flagship (I got it from our generous fellow lounger Mark @M Hatman and it's in its safe box too often)
View attachment 413638

Laubin oriental
View attachment 413639

Stetson Flagship (brim up)
View attachment 413640

and brim down (quite a difference) View attachment 413641

Mossant Bleu Oxford
View attachment 413642
The Wormser, The sovereign and the Flagship.. OH my! Beautiful hats Stefan

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Thanks for sharing your thin ribboned hats. Love the woodpile pics.

While I wait for the 7X to miraculously appear, I wore my Stetson Sovereign today.

Made under license in England, so in principle a Failsworth hat.

View attachment 413393
Have a good Saturday folks.
The felt looks touchable soft. Really is set off well with your gorgeous coat.

The Sovereign, a class hat for sure.
View attachment 413401 View attachment 413402
Mine came from: The Village Hat Shop, San Diego.
Today we are off to a young lady's birthday party, my niece's daughter turned two yesterday.

Later we are at a Big Band dance concert, definitely dressing up for that, so good to be getting out again.
View attachment 413403
Your adventures sound exciting. Stylishly attired sir.

I've only been amassing hats for a few months now and am still in learning mode, so while I've picked up a few pretty decent hats in that time, this is the first truly "nice" one I've acquired. It's a Borsalino Feather Weight Extra Extra Superiore from Salvatore Balbi.

When they say "feather weight," they ain't kidding. This thing is very, very light, with by far the softest, most pliable felt I have handled. It feels great to wear. I would love it more if the brim were a half-inch wider, and for that reason alone I'm on the fence about whether to keep it or send it back out into the hatosphere. I'll probably stick with it for a while and see if I can pull off a brim-up hipster look with it.

Anyway, it is not technically "for sale," but I could probably be talked into changing that status by somebody addicted to collecting these things. Meanwhile, I'll try to enjoy pretending to be a hipster, because this hat does feel amazing atop my head. And as always, if any of you hat geeks has any special knowledge about this hat to impart, I'm all ears.

View attachment 413408 View attachment 413409 View attachment 413410 View attachment 413414 View attachment 413415 View attachment 413416
Sharp Borsolino.

I tip my hat brim in your direction. Grand hat!

Falcon Park black cherry lords hat, and Texas Hatter‘s Silver belly derby, with the custom studded leather band I had made from a guy on Etsy.
Jeff love to see your Lords Hat. Sharp.

Didn’t know I was getting a Sky Fleet when won from a Goodwill auction.
A pleasant surprise. Color, too, as the erroneous pics showed a silverbelly and gold hat. View attachment 413495 View attachment 413496 View attachment 413494 View attachment 413493

The Sky Fleet is a very well done Resistol. The edge treatment and appointments are styl'n.

View attachment 413580 My newest resized restoration.
This size 7 come 7 1/4 mid 50s Strat was sold in a store in my Mother’s hometown of Woodland, Cal.
Was the sole reason I was willing to spend the $120 to get it. Seller started it out at $399, but I patiently waited till she brought the price down slowly after a week and half. I had been talking with the seller about the sentiment behind my wanting it.
Mom is very happy and says, “ya know, I was in high school when that hat was sold and it’s possible I could’ve passed that man on the street and maybe tipped this very hat at me.”
She looked in her 4 year books and saw the ads from the Provost Men’s Shop. She says she doesn’t remember the store, because her Dust Bowl family couldn’t afford to shop at high end stores.
I love this Strat.

View attachment 413576 View attachment 413578 on the homemade hat block View attachment 413589 re-sewn in liner. Curious, but this hat had no reorder tags inside. View attachment 413590 still has a 2 3/4” brim and squared up 5 1/2” crown. View attachment 413583

I am amazed at the hat work you do. Skills! Congrats on the Stratoliner. It looks sharp.

Berteil castor

View attachment 413633

Wormser royal luxury
View attachment 413634

Borsalino celesca
View attachment 413635

View attachment 413636

Mossant angola
View attachment 413637

Stetson Flagship (I got it from our generous fellow lounger Mark @M Hatman and it's in its safe box too often)
View attachment 413638

Laubin oriental
View attachment 413639

View attachment 413640

Mossant Bleu Oxford
View attachment 413642

The parade of hats is superb and made better by some sunlight.

Always a pleasure to see a week in hats. Stefan, have you heard of Joseph Sullivan? What about Kieran Mason?

A HAT A DAY
It's not his fault his hair is an untidy mess Something he decided he needs to address.
Can't have a haircut because lockdown says so A different hat a day would be the way to go.
Monday would be the traditional bowler kind. A beret on Tuesday most elegant and refined.
Wednesday his hat would be made of straw. The trilby on Thursday was dashing for sure.
Friday he decided on something most unique. A fedora would be worn to end the week.
Relaxed at the weekends a baseball cap would do. Different ways to hide your hair is certainly true.
kieran mason

View attachment 413643
The Sovereign gets a second outing, so does the vintage MG. Tina is being treated to lunch today.

MG time! Nicely put together for your outing.

Still very nice weather in the netherlands. Wearing the Northwest hats in silvermist.
View attachment 413646 View attachment 413647 View attachment 413648
Silvermist in the Netherlands alert. I really like that gilled hat!

Cheers to all posters. Thanks for sharing your hat wearing adventures. Eric -

Very cool ribbon on that one, I need to save my pennies both Gannon and Northwest are within a couple hours from my home and I'd like a hat from each of them.

Gannon temporarily relocated to Southern California a couple years ago (his hats and website still say Oregon). He plans on a permanent relocation, but last I heard he wasn’t expecting to return to the Pacific Northwest. In any case, he has never had a storefront and I’ve not heard of him taking in-person commissions. It’s strange, but I’ve bought hats from at least nine hatters and a haven’t met any of them in person. Yet.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Berteil castor

View attachment 413633

Wormser royal luxury
View attachment 413634

Borsalino celesca
View attachment 413635

View attachment 413636

Mossant angola
View attachment 413637

View attachment 413638

Laubin oriental
View attachment 413639

View attachment 413640

Mossant Bleu Oxford
View attachment 413642
Heck of a week, Stefan.
Thanks for sharing.
B

Second hat of the day, Hückel Crystall Velour for an evening jaunt.

I'm having some trouble bringing this hat into shape. The one side will stay up, while the other tends to lay flat like a musketeer hat. Guess it's just lost its side-snap. Front works well up or down.

View attachment 413708

Beautiful Hückel, Steve. Doesn’t look ill behaved to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou