Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
A reposting:
My other attempt at making my own version of a (long hair) Whippet....this was a way too small Resistol Stagecoach that was gifted to me by a fellow lounger. If I remember correctly, he found it at a yard sale and just had to save it. He gave it to me and I converted it to be worn once again. New life as my version of a Whippet. Another Lounger gave me Stetson's modern remake of a Whippet he bought. Understandably, he was disappointed with it and sent it to me. I salvaged the ribbon and bow work and brim binding and put it on this Resistol....

1650325366149-2.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-8-A.jpg

Before and After:
Resistol-Whippet-29-A.jpg

The Rock A Billy stars of Sun Records:

Recognized it at once: quality!

3X OR for an afternoon doggie walk.

View attachment 419506

For those of you following along at home, the falcons didn't get the bunny.
Nice hat and good news for the bunny. More importantly though: did you find the eggs?

Two hat day. Off to an evening meeting. Since we got hit with another cold snap, I'm squeezing one more wear out of the Huggy Bear Special. Adam DeLuxe Quality.

View attachment 419520 View attachment 419521 View attachment 419522 View attachment 419523
Beautiful hat. Looks very rich.

I'm sure everybody's relieved. :rolleyes:
The falcons are heartbroken!

Two hats for me all week— falcon park black cherry laird and Greeley hat works western homburg , with sides newly turned up a little.
Very nice, Jeff.

1940s Stratoliner curtesy of one of the true gentlemen of The Fedora Lounge: Eric @Short Balding Guy

View attachment 419540 View attachment 419541 View attachment 419542

I might have a hat or two as nice, but none nicer. Thanks again, Eric!
Great shape and a nice organic crease, Brent. A beauty.

Gorgeous hat, Perry. Love the wide ribbon.

A reposting:
My other attempt at making my own version of a (long hair) Whippet....this was a way too small Resistol Stagecoach that was gifted to me by a fellow lounger. If I remember correctly, he found it at a yard sale and just had to save it. He gave it to me and I converted it to be worn once again. New life as my version of a Whippet. Another Lounger gave me Stetson's modern remake of a Whippet he bought. Understandably, he was disappointed with it and sent it to me. I salvaged the ribbon and bow work and brim binding and put it on this Resistol....

1650325366149-2.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-8-A.jpg

Before and After:

Wonderful work, Terry. Lovely bit of contrast between binding and ribbon.

Recognized it at once: quality!

Nice hat and good news for the bunny. More importantly though: did you find the eggs?

Beautiful hat. Looks very rich.

The falcons are heartbroken!

Very nice, Jeff.

Great shape and a nice organic crease, Brent. A beauty.

Gorgeous hat, Perry. Love the wide ribbon.

Thanks, Stefan. No eggs, unfortunately.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
A reposting:

1650325366149-2.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-8-A.jpg

Before and After:

Another wonderful TJ conversation, Terry. Plus with 3 of my all time favourites. You're the hat DJ TJ :cool:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Glad you liked the music, Steve! It doesn't get better than Rock A Billy, especially when it came to those three. Elvis got his start at Sun, too.
I've been a huge Elvis fan since I was a kid. Sam Phillips contributed a great deal to modern music. After Jazz, Sun Records was the best thing to come out of the US.

Really looking forward to Baz Lurhmann's Elvis film this summer.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I've been a huge Elvis fan since I was a kid. Sam Phillips contributed a great deal to modern music. After Jazz, Sun Records was the best thing to come out of the US.

Really looking forward to Baz Lurhmann's Elvis film this summer.
I was always an Elvis fan too, but number one for me, though, is Jerry Lee Lewis. But, Elvis was definitely bigger than them all.

Here ya go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Komander