Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

I gave myself a present for Santa Lucia who is the bearer of gifts since I was a child.
She usually arrives on December 13th, but the courier did not have time to wait and so she arrived early
29lyalw.jpg

Panizza Special size 59
bhwoew.jpg

It is a warehouse stock that appeared on Etsy and for my great love of the historical production of Panizza, on Lago Maggiore, I bought it
1zgg76x.jpg

I'm happy because for some time I wanted a Panizza with this shape and I found it in green and with an incredible felt
302yl34.jpg

I have other Panizza, but none with a finish of the brim like this and a crown so full. I'm happy
zmgxl3.jpg

Thank you for your likes on M. Hutter's hat.
I will return, as promised, on that and on this with a photographic service dedicated to them
Looks good on you, Daniele (as does the smile).

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Last edited:
I gave myself a present for Santa Lucia who is the bearer of gifts since I was a child.
She usually arrives on December 13th, but the courier did not have time to wait and so she arrived early
29lyalw.jpg

Panizza Special size 59
bhwoew.jpg

It is a warehouse stock that appeared on Etsy and for my great love of the historical production of Panizza, on Lago Maggiore, I bought it
1zgg76x.jpg

I'm happy because for some time I wanted a Panizza with this shape and I found it in green and with an incredible felt
302yl34.jpg

I have other Panizza, but none with a finish of the brim like this and a crown so full. I'm happy
zmgxl3.jpg

Thank you for your likes on M. Hutter's hat.
I will return, as promised, on that and on this with a photographic service dedicated to them
Nice stitching on that one Daniele.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Based on seeing yours Bowen, I believe these are original. To me eye, my ribbon looks a bit more goldish brown color.
If I remember:rolleyes: I'll try to get a pic of it in the next couple of days.
Thanks Perry.
Yeah, i know that goldish tint with age you’re speaking of. I like them too. Some can be quite stunning!
Guess i just have a hard time wrapping my head around guys saying “yeah, gimme one with rose ribbons” back in the 40s-50s. Idk
B

Hey Red:
I can’t really answer that. I just assumed the rose was age related patina. Idk
Hopefully others can chime in.
B
Ps: quick edit after seeing the Angora. I been missing seeing that one for awhile. I do so look forward to seeing it. Such a unique hat.
B
Thanks Bowen. The number of pink bindings we see on the older hats made me wonder. Sounds like a good theory. The floppy Angora will be seeing some more head time this week, it is going to be cold!! The color is a chameleon, it looks a little on the brown side in photos, but is called Misto Grigio (misty gray?)

Thanks Perry.
Yeah, i know that goldish tint with age you’re speaking of. I like them too. Some can be quite stunning!
Guess i just have a hard time wrapping my head around guys saying “yeah, gimme one with rose ribbons” back in the 40s-50s. Idk
B
FWIW, the ribbon on the Demon is definitely not patina.

It was fun pulling this one out today. I haven't worn it in several weeks, and the last time I had it out, I worked it to an open crown, steamed and brushed it, removed any ghost creases, and boxed it up. So when I got this out of the box, it was like pulling out a new hat. A little steam and a new crease and off to work I go.

a70abdc823573d4758268b0119b41719.jpg
16a82c8dd8ff23b46405d6ff242d61cd.jpg
8edf1b9e5487d9cc5ba1c05e0104dab4.jpg
1c3defb69ecab4eccb5b18275f47ebc6.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bowen. The number of pink bindings we see on the older hats made me wonder. Sounds like a good theory. The floppy Angora will be seeing some more head time this week, it is going to be cold!! The color is a chameleon, it looks a little on the brown side in photos, but is called Misto Grigio (misty gray?)
Misto is "mixto" in Spanish, "mixed", in English.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner