Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mac Lachlan

bb6a76eeed5f5bee92571e1138d72d0d.jpg

d0e317c7495f6ed9c73fadbdf90f300d.jpg

b0d225093bfc22e1e986fc87dd8b81a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mac Lachlan

bb6a76eeed5f5bee92571e1138d72d0d.jpg

d0e317c7495f6ed9c73fadbdf90f300d.jpg

b0d225093bfc22e1e986fc87dd8b81a0.jpg

That's a real nice homburg, Deadly. I am not familiar with that particular manufacturer. What's the vintage? The hat has a rich color and blends well with that sharp sportcoat. The wider curled brims look good on you.

VS Honeyboy for services this morning. The color is dove. I can never get enough of @Art Fawcett. This is just one of the eight I currently have. I ordered two more yesterday.

View attachment 147829 View attachment 147830 View attachment 147831

The daughter was not feeling well but she let me get a picture anyway.

View attachment 147832
Great VS! The Honey Boy, that's Art's big hat and you wear it well. You and the family are looking good this fine Sunday. Enjoy the day.

Thanks, Reggie. Mac Lachlan has its own thread here and they are well-regarded hats. The felt is great, to be honest, I don’t think I have nicer felt in my small collection of vintage hats. I’m not sure what the age is on this, but it was made when they still knew how to do it right.

Brent

That's a real nice homburg, Deadly. I am not familiar with that particular manufacturer. What's the vintage? The hat has a rich color and blends well with that sharp sportcoat. The wider curled brims look good on you.

Great VS! The Honey Boy, that's Art's big hat and you wear it well. You and the family are looking good this fine Sunday. Enjoy the day.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I took this 10X Thoroughbred apart a couple times and did some refurbs on it and gave it a Longhair finish. I wanted to try and get a style of Western hat that I remember seeing in old T.V. Western serials from the '50s and '60s.

On the head at different angles:
Thoroughbred-Redo-12-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-15-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-13-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-11-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-9-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-10-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-4-A.jpg

Some easy listenin' Cowboy music with the Cowboy hat:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I took this 10X Thoroughbred apart a couple times and did some refurbs on it and gave it a Longhair finish. I wanted to try and get a style of Western hat that I remember seeing in old T.V. Western serials from the '50s and '60s.

On the head at different angles:
Thoroughbred-Redo-12-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-15-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-13-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-11-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-9-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-10-A.jpg

Thoroughbred-Redo-4-A.jpg

Some easy listenin' Cowboy music with the Cowboy hat:

Did you smile when you watched it, Terry? I didn't know it was possible to give a hat a longhair finish. How is it done?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Oh my goodness, pulling out all the stops today, Michael. Only you can pull that look off, and you do pull it off so well. I take my hat off to you, sir.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks Steve. You should try it, you might like it.

F A N T A S T I C O
Thanks Daniele. I've been enjoying your continuing parade of excellent hats.

You're warm, AND you're going to stand out in any crowd. What more could you ask for? Well done!
Thanks Woodtroll.

Thanks, Michael. Yes, that's my bike (one of them). I live very close to work, so I use my bicycle to get there.
I get quite the seventies vibe from your outfit today! Cool!
Let's see the rest of the bike and bike herd. Yes, I think the hat is probably from the 70s and the coats were certainly popular then. I think this coat might be a bit later than that, but don't really know.

Watch out Michael! @T Jones will be after that based on the color alone! :p
The color is Whisky, in case you are looking for one Bob.

I can't say much for the color, ( that's just me, though), but it certainly does have a nice Gus and brim shape. I definitely like the crease and brim on that one.
Thanks Terry. I think it has some sort of cattleman in it when I got it, but I thought this one looked better. Probably influenced by some of your stylings.

This hat would fit right in at a Oregon State football game, with a black hatband. I dig that coat a lot.
Thanks Red. This coat probably gets more positive comments than any of the other ones I wear.

I want one like that!
Keep looking Joao, one will turn up in your size.

Thanks all,
Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Visiting the local butcher, coffee roaster, bakery and mini-brewery were my afternoon tasks. I chose to wear a wool Filson Packer jacket and Gannon (silverbelly) fedora.

i-MQnF8FT-M.jpg

i-XJwNMV3-M.jpg

Home I am roasting three chickens for dinner guests. Each chicken has different themes (Middle Eastern, Caribbean and a beer can chicken. Rice and vegtables themes are concurrently being prepared. A vintage cap (w/ear flaps) has been my head gear for the in and out grilling project. I am enjoying the preparation. I hope my guests enjoy.

i-Hpb3HDQ-M.jpg

i-pdmP5QZ-M.jpg

Cheers and best this Sunday evening to all Fedora Lounge folks, Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steve. You should try it, you might like it.

Thanks Daniele. I've been enjoying your continuing parade of excellent hats.

Thanks Woodtroll.

Let's see the rest of the bike and bike herd. Yes, I think the hat is probably from the 70s and the coats were certainly popular then. I think this coat might be a bit later than that, but don't really know.

The color is Whisky, in case you are looking for one Bob.

Thanks Terry. I think it has some sort of cattleman in it when I got it, but I thought this one looked better. Probably influenced by some of your stylings.

Thanks Red. This coat probably gets more positive comments than any of the other ones I wear.

Keep looking Joao, one will turn up in your size.

Thanks all,
Michael
Dear Michael, I'm sure I would like it. I do like it. I adore it. I'm not sure I could pull it off. That's why I doff my cap to you, sir. In modern parlance, I believe that means respect. As ever and always, I raise my hat to you in supplication.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff