Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Akubra Coolabah
F5BF10DF-2321-4CB0-B5F4-691D1B4FEE90.jpeg
2E6C5F68-C862-4E2F-9AFE-C1DF91FA6D99.jpeg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
The Rogers Peet Company - Trivley was gifted to me some time back by Brent @deadlyhandsome It appears I when I put it away last, I left it in this X Crease As when I awoke it from its slumber it was still perfectly shaped in the Ace Deuce Tres. What an impressive felt that was made by Mac Lachlan and sports a Cavanagh edge brim.

View attachment 476211 View attachment 476212 View attachment 476213 View attachment 476214 View attachment 476215 View attachment 476216 View attachment 476217
Wonderful bash, Joe. Classic looking hat.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my Knox Stagecoach refurb this morning that a generous Lounger gifted to me a couple of years ago. This is definitely the biggest hat I have, and it's not an easy one to find. I've seen plenty of Resistol Stagecoaches and a handful of Dobbs Stagecoaches, but for me, this is the first Knox Stagecoach I've seen, and, it's a big hat that has an open crown height at a whopping 7 inches tall and a brim that's 4 1/2 inches wide, including the 1/4 inch Kettle curl.

Before:
IMG-20210218-065126746.jpg

Reblocked and brim straightened out:
IMG-20210218-094529343.jpg

IMG-20210218-065807125.jpg

IMG-20210218-065757702.jpg

IMG-20210218-100416397.jpg

Crown and brim reshaped, and new ribbon and bow work. I creased the crown to a Montana Pinch with a Mule Kick:
Knox-Stagecoach-14-A.jpg

Knox-Stagecoach-12-A.jpg

On the head this a.m.
Knox-Tall-7-2-A.jpg

Knox-Tall-7-3-A.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my Knox Stagecoach refurb this morning that a generous Lounger gifted to me a couple of years ago. This is definitely the biggest hat I have, and it's not an easy one to find. I've seen plenty of Resistol Stagecoaches and a handful of Dobbs Stagecoaches, but for me, this is the first Knox Stagecoach I've seen, and, it's a big hat that has an open crown height at a whopping 7 inches tall and a brim that's 4 1/2 inches wide, including the 1/4 inch Kettle curl.

Before:
IMG-20210218-065126746.jpg

Reblocked and brim straightened out:
IMG-20210218-094529343.jpg

IMG-20210218-065807125.jpg

IMG-20210218-065757702.jpg

IMG-20210218-100416397.jpg

Crown and brim reshaped, and new ribbon and bow work. I creased the crown to a Montana Pinch with a Mule Kick:
Knox-Stagecoach-14-A.jpg

Knox-Stagecoach-12-A.jpg

On the head this a.m.
Knox-Tall-7-2-A.jpg

Knox-Tall-7-3-A.jpg
That is some hat, it was good to see the various stages of it's reshaping. Not only is the hat impressive, so is the period radio that it's resting on. Back in the day we Brits called the radio a wireless, your's is a real beauty.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home after a walkabout I switched hats and headed out to enjoy some coffee. I wore my new hat.

I would like to showcase my new Holiday gift. The pics on this cloudy morning are not the best, but be assured that you will see this gift being worn much more in the future.

i-DJmj3F3-M.jpg

i-WfkKh42-M.jpg

i-XML9Tqc-M.jpg

I am wearing my Holiday gift - a vintage Stetson Playboy Air Light.

i-gXQFNhH-M.jpg

i-jWMWRxb-M.jpg

i-JwKGMZQ-M.jpg

i-F6GgQMk-M.jpg

The Air Light is exactly as embossed - Air Light. The felt is soft and maleable. A big wind, or brushing the crown with your hand would change the felt shape. The felt is soft and smooth. A vintage beauty.

i-WpvMRg2-M.jpg

i-vVDJmvq-M.jpg

The festive hat box was a surprise and perfectly timed.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
Home after a walkabout I switched hats and headed out to enjoy some coffee. I wore my new hat.

I would like to showcase my new Holiday gift. The pics on this cloudy morning are not the best, but be assured that you will see this gift being worn much more in the future.

i-DJmj3F3-M.jpg

i-WfkKh42-M.jpg

i-XML9Tqc-M.jpg

I am wearing my Holiday gift - a vintage Stetson Playboy Air Light.

i-gXQFNhH-M.jpg

i-jWMWRxb-M.jpg

i-JwKGMZQ-M.jpg

i-F6GgQMk-M.jpg

The Air Light is exactly as embossed - Air Light. The felt is soft and maleable. A big wind, or brushing the crown with your hand would change the brim shape. The felt is soft and smooth. A vintage beauty.

i-WpvMRg2-M.jpg

i-vVDJmvq-M.jpg

The festive hat box was a surprise and perfectly timed.

Cheers, Eric -
Tremendous Air Light Playboy, Eric! Congratulations…. Enjoy!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That is some hat, it was good to see the various stages of it's reshaping. Not only is the hat impressive, so is the period radio that it's resting on. Back in the day we Brits called the radio a wireless, your's is a real beauty.
Thank you, buddy! My Grandmother, (my great grandmother, actually), bought that radio brand new at a furniture store, ("Nelson's Furniture"), that used to be on Parsons Ave. in the South End of Columbus, Ohio, (probably sometime in the 1940s). I can still remember my grandmother turning it on and we'd listen to it. The radio would make a humming sound when it was first turned on until it warmed up. Down the street from us was Gray's Drug Store that had a tube tester. When the radio wouldn't work we'd take out a tube we thought was bad go to the drug store and check it on the tube tester there. If it was bad my grandmother would buy a new one and replace it. If I can find tubes for it, I believe it would work again.

dkstott

Practically Family
Thank you, buddy! My Grandmother, (my great grandmother, actually), bought that radio brand new at a furniture store, ("Nelson's Furniture"), that used to be on Parsons Ave. in the South End of Columbus, Ohio, (probably sometime in the 1940s). I can still remember my grandmother turning it on and we'd listen to it. The radio would make a humming sound when it was first turned on until it warmed up. Down the street from us was Gray's Drug Store that had a tube tester. When the radio wouldn't work we'd take out a tube we thought was bad go to the drug store and check it on the tube tester there. If it was bad my grandmother would buy a new one and replace it. If I can find tubes for it, I believe it would work again.
I was fortunate to inherit my great grandfather's old radio along with a photo of him listening to it. Family lore says that he was listening for news about his son during WW2.
20221228_123022.jpg
20221228_123043.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo