Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-05 at 08.44.10.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-05 at 08.44.11.jpeg

View attachment 504575 View attachment 504576

Resistol - Beaver 15 - Silver Grey
Beautiful Kitten Finish Light Silver felt
Approx 5 3/4 open crown - 5 1/8 as shaped
1 3/4 Matching Silver Grosgrain Ribbon
2 5/8 brim with hand felted edge

The second Resistol Beaver 15 is a beautiful light silver grey felt in kitten Finish and a matching silver grosgrain ribbon. Most of the specs are the same as yesterday’s taupe one… sans the wind trolley. However I do feel like I can discern a difference in the felt qualities. While this felt also shapes with great ease… it doesn’t seem to be quite as malleable and not quite as soft in hand. Don’t get me wrong… I’m probably splitting hairs. But I have to give the first hat a slight edge on the felt quality. This one also does in fact have the clear plastic liner tip instead of the oil skin.

Those very minor differences aside. It is one beautiful very high quality hat.

Thanks again go out to Bob and Randall on the assist On these two fabulous Resistol

View attachment 504578 View attachment 504579 View attachment 504580 View attachment 504581 View attachment 504582 View attachment 504583
First and second prize in one race!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, everyone, for the kind words but like the Ghost of Christmas Present my time here is short. This sandbox ain't big enough and I just pollute it.
Ahh...the sandbox syndrome Jonathan.
The thing about sandboxes is that no matter what you’re seein on top, it all sifts down to the bottom.
Maybe you’re just stuck in that old life’s view brain freeze cycle.
Let it sift, there’s plenty of sand.
B

Seems just yesterday that Ebay was awash in stiff hats and if you wore a small size you had to follow strict dietary restrictions or move to a bigger house. My self imposed limits were built around condition (had to be very clean), size (had to fit me), price (fifty dollars or so) and quantity - no more than twelve in the collection. I haven't looked much lately because I'm at my limit... but I sure do love a fine derby and thoroughly enjoy the subtle variations that make one different from another. This simple Stetson has a saucy swoop and fancy bow, likely 1920s.

However you celebrate the renewal of northern Spring... have a happy.

040523_1.jpg

040523_3.jpg

040523_4.jpg

040523_2.jpg

040523_5.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Stefan :)

Seems just yesterday that Ebay was awash in stiff hats and if you wore a small size you had to follow strict dietary restrictions or move to a bigger house. My self imposed limits were built around condition (had to be very clean), size (had to fit me), price (fifty dollars or so) and quantity - no more than twelve in the collection. I haven't looked much lately because I'm at my limit... but I sure do love a fine derby and thoroughly enjoy the subtle variations that make one different from another. This simple Stetson has a saucy swoop and fancy bow, likely 1920s.

View attachment 504785

View attachment 504788

View attachment 504787

View attachment 504789

View attachment 504786
Great brim swoop, Alan, and a very fetching ribbon treatment.

Definitely a must have in any collection.

Cuvier

One of the Regulars

View attachment 504785

View attachment 504788

View attachment 504787

View attachment 504789

View attachment 504786

I love that derby. I'll be looking for it's twin for me I think. I need to replace my cheapo.

RBH

Bartender
Rest assured I’m wearing a hat.
But I just made this photo.
A volunteer that came to town to help after our devastating tornado last Friday cut this from a fallen tree at one of our intersections.
I have major damage to my home…. But my family is safe.

HOPE

Be well everyone:

Attachments

• CFD488D2-18B6-4305-98B2-E99452FF426D.jpeg
    CFD488D2-18B6-4305-98B2-E99452FF426D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
A volunteer that came to town to help after our devastating tornado last Friday cut this from a fallen tree at one of our intersections.

HOPE

Be well everyone:
A blessing that all are well. Good to hear, Rusty. Speedy recovery!!

HOPE

Be well everyone:
Glad everyone is safe. Hope all goes well with the rebuild.

The Shoe

One Too Many

HOPE

Be well everyone:
Great that you are all safe.
Sorry to hear about the damage to your house. I imagine it can be quite disheartening. Best of luck with the repairs.

HOPE

Be well everyone:

Glad to hear the family is safe. Hope everything else is recoverable.

Considering the possibilities this is great news Rusty! I was nervous last night when the weather folks were saying that if the "strong cap" didn't hold we could expect tornadoes and grapefruit sized hail. :oops:

Thankfully we were again spared from the weather by a cap or hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR