Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
Golden Week (a collection of public holidays, one after the other) has just come to an end over here. We headed off to Osaka for a wine festival. I wore my Stetson Custom V, and Etsuko a Panama.
IMG_0741.jpeg

IMG_0771.jpeg
IMG_0769.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

Sushi on the menu.
incollage_save.jpeg

The next day, it was the same hats…
IMG_0409.jpeg

but different menu. I had extra hot dan dan noodles.
IMG_0344.jpeg

Golden Week (a collection of public holidays, one after the other) has just come to an end over here. We headed off to Osaka for a wine festival. I wore my Stetson Custom V, and Etsuko a Panama.
View attachment 515617
View attachment 515612 View attachment 515613
View attachment 515614
Sushi on the menu.
View attachment 515615
The next day, it was the same hats…
View attachment 515616
but different menu. I had extra hot dan dan noodles.
View attachment 515619
Fabulous

Well, today I am kind of wearing two hats. I am looking over my straw hats for the upcoming warm weather but still am wearing felt (which I wear until I absolutely cannot). And I have some VERY lightweight felts......so....
But while I will wear a breathable straw when very warm, for in between weather I like my hemp hats when exerting myself (rather that wear a delicate featherweight vintage felt...most modern felts are definitly too heavy for warm weather).

So my Peters Bothers was getting limp so I brought it in for restoration....I re-flanged the brim and gave it a good steaming which was all it took to re-activate the sizing (I did not need to add any more, though I will spray on some water repellent). The hemp hats are much like the thin felts...but I find even them too much when really warm out, when I switch to really lightweight proper straw hats......
1683645604433.png
1683645642384.png
1683645664110.png

And as it is cool I am wearing my Stetson Whippet in Cognac.....to which has been added a new and dare I say better, liner.;) As this was a "standard" Whippet the crown has been re-creased to get the most out of it...........
1683645755829.png
1683645869587.png

:):)

Well, today I am kind of wearing two hats. I am looking over my straw hats for the upcoming warm weather but still am wearing felt (which I wear until I absolutely cannot). And I have some VERY lightweight felts......so....
But while I will wear a breathable straw when very warm, for in between weather I like my hemp hats when exerting myself (rather that wear a delicate featherweight vintage felt...most modern felts are definitly too heavy for warm weather).

So my Peters Bothers was getting limp so I brought it in for restoration....I re-flanged the brim and gave it a good steaming which was all it took to re-activate the sizing (I did not need to add any more, though I will spray on some water repellent). The hemp hats are much like the thin felts...but I find even them too much when really warm out, when I switch to really lightweight proper straw hats......
View attachment 515664 View attachment 515665 View attachment 515666

And as it is cool I am wearing my Stetson Whippet in Cognac.....to which has been added a new and dare I say better, liner.;) As this was a "standard" Whippet the crown has been re-creased to get the most out of it...........
View attachment 515667 View attachment 515668

:):)

Is that one of Chuck's liners?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn