Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

A well made straw hat from a beautifully woven montecristi body. By Cavanagh... likely 1950s.

082823_1.jpg

082823_2.jpg

082823_3.jpg

082823_4.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Rusty for the clarification!
I knew it was still around but wasn’t sure how to access it.
Same title with a “1” added to the originating thread, then closed to comment.
Got it….thanks for your work.

Fitting how the last post of the old thread was by RJR.

+1 to him.
RIP RJH

If you think we can start a new one.
I made #1 a sticky so it can be viewed easy.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sunday early afternoon I wore a Mallory Ten to pick my wife up at the airport.

i-7LF6m95-M.jpg

i-Ms5FmbG-M.jpg

i-Fnh8M7B-M.jpg

Home I sipped some coffee under the brim of a Borsolino. It was thin ribbon time.

i-4BmBTTb-M.jpg

i-5xKk93P-M.jpg

Yesterday evening I enjoyed a walkabout in a Newt panama.

i-PCDxxv6-M.jpg

i-9KtF86z-M.jpg

i-XxsSWqm-M.jpg

I took a walkabout this morning wearing a Stetson Whippet.

i-WBVnmXs-M.jpg

i-7C8FWVt-M.jpg

i-JPR6g4K-M.jpg

After arriving home, my coffee and I strolled about under the brim of a Stetson Vogue.

i-tVLqXK9-M.jpg

i-3p996wD-M.jpg

i-Pqc2JbB-M.jpg

I got a car wash and completed a quick errand wearing an unlined Stetson Playboy.

i-2rH6vT3-M.jpg

i-HDt2FKq-M.jpg

i-bhgcNSb-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I agree with the reports of members that The Fedora Lounge site has been slow the past couple weeks and finally frustratingly slow the last few days. Last evening I cleared my browser caches, deleted history, ran CleanMyMac, confirmed updates on Adaware and modified settings in Adaware to "hopefully" speed up my use on the site. As a user, I should have done this sooner.

This morning speed of loading pages, picture refresh and posting is much better. Cheers. Is it because of my efforts, or website/host/software changes, or combinations of the preceeding or even serendipity? Do not know.

I post the above thinking others may be in the same place and experience as myself. I hope that my sharing assist others.

Cheers, Eric -

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
If you think we can start a new one.
I made #1 a sticky so it can be viewed easy.
Probably shouldn’t ask me Rusty!!

I can’t drive a car and talk to someone without getting lost. When the phone rings and takes over the audio system i wait to be abducted by aliens.
Best some of our super-thinkers and rationally unchallenged chart that course.
Truthfully, i don’t even know what a sticky is other then…nvm.
B
Wearing this today.
It’s a “cover” not a hat!

63603270-48DC-4A70-9EE9-660A781B5552.jpeg

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I agree with the reports of members that The Fedora Lounge site has been slow the past couple weeks and finally frustratingly slow the last few days. Last evening I cleared my browser caches, deleted history, ran CleanMyMac, confirmed updates on Adaware and modified settings in Adaware to "hopefully" speed up my use on the site. As a user, I should have done this sooner.

This morning speed of loading pages, picture refresh and posting is much better. Cheers. Is it because of my efforts, or website/host/software changes, or combinations of the preceeding or even serendipity? Do not know.

I post the above thinking others may be in the same place and experience as myself. I hope that my sharing assist others.

Cheers, Eric -
I haven't done anything on my devices, but the Lounge seems to be running much more smoothly today.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Cheers, Eric -
Good job Eric….you seemed to have fixed it. Smooth as peanut butter.
B

That’s a beauty Joe
Thank you Perry

That is a slick minty featherweight. The liner tip is one I have not seen before. Excellent hat Joe.

Looking sharp this morning Perry.
thanks Eric. I have three of these Champ Featherweights with the balance scale logo on them. One has a feather on the scale for both the liner tip and sweat. Another has two packs of cigarettes on both logos. This one has the feather in the liner tip and the cigarettes on the sweat.

Sunday early afternoon I wore a Mallory Ten to pick my wife up at the airport.

i-7LF6m95-M.jpg

i-Ms5FmbG-M.jpg

i-Fnh8M7B-M.jpg

Home I sipped some coffee under the brim of a Borsolino. It was thin ribbon time.

i-4BmBTTb-M.jpg

i-5xKk93P-M.jpg

Yesterday evening I enjoyed a walkabout in a Newt panama.

i-PCDxxv6-M.jpg

i-9KtF86z-M.jpg

i-XxsSWqm-M.jpg

I took a walkabout this morning wearing a Stetson Whippet.

i-WBVnmXs-M.jpg

i-7C8FWVt-M.jpg

i-JPR6g4K-M.jpg

After arriving home, my coffee and I strolled about under the brim of a Stetson Vogue.

i-tVLqXK9-M.jpg

i-3p996wD-M.jpg

i-Pqc2JbB-M.jpg

I got a car wash and completed a quick errand wearing an unlined Stetson Playboy.

i-2rH6vT3-M.jpg

i-HDt2FKq-M.jpg

i-bhgcNSb-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
The lounge clearly was awoken by your amazing line up of hats today, Eric.

And then….she heard us talking about her and she withheld her favors.
Such is our mistress.
B

When you want her lips, you get her cheek
Makes you wonder where you are
If you want some more then she's fast asleep
Leaves you twinkling with the stars
Poor young grandson there's nothing I can say
You'll have to learn, just like me
And that's the hardest way

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
When you want her lips, you get her cheek