Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
None of those people are in vintage - do they count? :D

I had the impression from the website gallery that it was a venue for folks to come and really show off their vintage lifestyle. So I expected more RVs and less tent campers. But these folks look like they just came for a few hours?
The camping is very well organised, there are fields with electric hook up and effluent disposal, the amount of RV's makes me wonder where all the money comes from.

You can hire a Bell tent with all mod cons, for a mere £1,000.

Many do come on a daily basis, either commute because they live within a reasonable distance and there are those who book a room in a local hostelry, be it pub or hotel. And you are right, some don't dress up, or even wear a hat.

Now if you want hats, either join Tina & I tomorrow https://www.bridporthatfest.org/ or wait until I report back. Have a word with the weather fairy for us.
Bridport Hat Festival.jpg

Congrats Bob!

View attachment 543821
The perfect grandfather pose. This beautiful photo needs a frame, but the warmth and love shown need no caption at all. Love it, love it, love it.

The concept of fatherhood seems to change every generation or two while you were away making your own money & taking care of your family. Your own kids will constantly remind you that you were
never home. Grandchildren are a chance to make up for that. Be there for them. Congratulations Bob!

Fun times, Bob. You both look great.

Congrats Bob!

Congratulations Bob!!!

Thanks everyone! The whole family is really excited. We weren't sure this would ever happen as all three of our kids have said they didn't plan to have children. My baby girl (this girl's momma) turned 35 in the last month of her pregnancy.

Of course I have purchased the granddaughter's first good hat -- a Rand's 10X. Although it will be a while before she fits it.

1693570274788.png

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The concept of fatherhood seems to change every generation or two while you were away making your own money & taking care of your family. Your own kids will constantly remind you that you were
never home. Grandchildren are a chance to make up for that. Be there for them. Congratulations Bob!
Damn Jack, you hit the nail on the head!
Grandkids help you remember what you forgot about your kids while you were doing what you said above.
I get a fair amount of guilt loving on the grandkids like i couldn’t my kids.
Grandkids are blessings that help you appreciate their Moms and Dads even more.
Love em up Bob!!
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart