Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

livelyjames

New in Town
Inexpensive Bailey pork pie…

Attachments

• IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3049.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Stetson:
20231108_152717.jpg

20231108_153033.jpg

Special shoutout to @Yamahana for the jacket, a 1940s H Bar C wool gabardine half belt. Earlier this year he posted one similar on the Outerwear sub-forum and gave it his stamp of approval. I recently found one in my size in incredible condition and it's gotten a lot of wear in the few weeks that I've had it. Coincidentally, Spencer (dinerman) also features one on his Vintage Haberdashers site:
Screenshot_20231108_213827_eBay.jpg

Yamahana

One Too Many
Stetson:
View attachment 558998
View attachment 559004

Special shoutout to @Yamahana for the jacket, a 1940s H Bar C wool gabardine half belt. Earlier this year he posted one similar on the Outerwear sub-forum and gave it his stamp of approval. I recently found one in my size in incredible condition and it's gotten a lot of wear in the few weeks that I've had it. Coincidentally, Spencer (dinerman) also features one on his Vintage Haberdashers site:
View attachment 559005
Just scrolled down to your post Jonathon and thought DANG that’s a sharp looking gabardine jacket and zoomed in before reading it. Sharp hat, sharp and hard to find jacket as well, good snag on both.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Stetson:
View attachment 558998
View attachment 559004

View attachment 559005
Does it have the center pleat in the back?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Greg! I nearly broke my finger when I BIN'd it because from the seller's pictures it looked to be darn near deadstock. Upon arrival I discovered it's not, but pretty close to it. I feel very lucky to have it and it's perfect for the transitional weather we're experiencing right now.

Yes, it does have the back center pleat:
20231018_124021.jpg

There was a jacket and pants set that sold in the past day too. I think it may have been a slightly later iteration because the main Talon zip was slightly different and the chest pocket had a diamond pull Talon zip closure.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Thanks, Greg! I nearly broke my finger when I BIN'd it because from the seller's pictures it looked to be darn near deadstock. Upon arrival I discovered it's not, but pretty close to it. I feel very lucky to have it and it's perfect for the transitional weather we're experiencing right now.

Yes, it does have the back center pleat:
View attachment 559017

There was a jacket and pants set that sold in the past day too. I think it may have been a slightly later iteration because the main Talon zip was slightly different and the chest pocket had a diamond pull Talon zip closure.
That is a DANDY with the center pleat! You did great on this one. I saw that jacket-pant set and yes it was a later version, not even close to this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic