Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Penultimate hats of the week. Hardly any sun but lots and lots of rain!

Barbisio QS
View attachment 573416

Zenit by Borsalino

View attachment 573417

Léon
View attachment 573418

Another Léon
View attachment 573419

Barbisio Visone
View attachment 573420

Eichenberger woolfelt homburg
View attachment 573421

Penn-Craft
View attachment 573422

Cambiaghi
View attachment 573423

Joseph E Ward
View attachment 573424

Berteil Castor
View attachment 573425
steur3.jpg
The Barbisio QS.
Sorry for my absence, Tina, my beautiful wife, was rushed into hospital by ambulance about 48 hours ago, her blood pressure rising and falling alarmingly.
The lady has had numerous tests and has been prescribed with medication that calms things down, so much so, that she has been discharged, just in time for Christmas.
Much of my time was spent in what we Brits call, A&E. It means Accident and Emergency. I didn't give my appearance a single thought.
Green Blazer black trousers 003.JPG

But it appears that hats have a calming effect. I won't say curing, but when I left the hospital at two am this morning, reassured that her condition would improve, Tina had all and sundry of those who were working a nightshift and fellow patients for whom insomnia was their lot, ask her, or tell her, that her husband looked amazing.
"Your hat blew them all away," she told me earlier today, when I arrived back at the hospital. "How's you?" I asked, "stabilised, and medication prescribed." She had to stay in hospital all of today, wired up to a cardiac machine, but at five o'clock this evening her cardiologist was happy to release her. He even made her and everyone else smile when he put my hat on his head.
My wife is home, it's the best Christmas present ever.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Tough times but I'm glad everything is OK. You take care of that young lady.
View attachment 573521
The Barbisio QS.
Sorry for my absence, Tina, my beautiful wife, was rushed into hospital by ambulance about 48 hours ago, her blood pressure rising and falling alarmingly.
The lady has had numerous tests and has been prescribed with medication that calms things down, so much so, that she has been discharged, just in time for Christmas.
Much of my time was spent in what we Brits call, A&E. It means Accident and Emergency. I didn't give my appearance a single thought.
View attachment 573522
But it appears that hats have a calming effect. I won't say curing, but when I left the hospital at two am this morning, reassured that her condition would improve, Tina had all and sundry of those who were working a nightshift and fellow patients for whom insomnia was their lot, ask her, or tell her, that her husband looked amazing.
"Your hat blew them all away," she told me earlier today, when I arrived back at the hospital. "How's you?" I asked, "stabilised, and medication prescribed." She had to stay in hospital all of today, wired up to a cardiac machine, but at five o'clock this evening her cardiologist was happy to release her. He even made her and everyone else smile when he put my hat on his head.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
At 90 who's counting? Happy birthday to your dad, Randall. He likely never would have thought his son would be a hatter!
Thanks, Stefan!
I’m sure he didn’t, and neither did I.
Dad has been a home builder his entire life and the one who brought me up doing it.
Folks around here are blown away when I tell them what my career change is. And since most people don’t wear felt hats, but all live in a house they’re upset about losing a remodeler/builder.

That Penn Craft gets my vote this week!
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Stefan!

And Merry Christmas to all here on the lounge!!

Last edited:
View attachment 573521
The Barbisio QS.
View attachment 573522
That is a relief, Robert. Glad she's back to take care of you. Merry Christmas to you both and well wishes for Tina especially.

Thanks, Stefan!
Dad has been a home builder his entire life and the one who brought me up doing it.
Folks around here are blown away when I tell them what my career change is. And since most people don’t wear felt hats, but all live in a house they’re upset about losing a remodeler/builder.

Thanks, Randall. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Stefan!

You're so talented in many ways, Randall. Wish my hands were screwed together the same way as yours are. You don't have to give up the one for the other, but can turn your hand to many different things.

You're definitely a chip off the old block with extras. Cudos, my friend

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 573521
The Barbisio QS.
View attachment 573522
Glad to hear Tina's home and on the mend, Robert. You look after her now.

Sounds like you could do a spot of hospital visiting over Christmas and cheer up both the patients and the staff with your sartorial elegance. You could be the new Leslie Crowther :)

A Merry Christmas to you both, and a heartfelt speedy recovery to your better half, dear sir.

Penultimate hats of the week. Hardly any sun but lots and lots of rain!

Barbisio QS
View attachment 573416

Zenit by Borsalino

View attachment 573417

Léon
View attachment 573418

Another Léon
View attachment 573419

Barbisio Visone
View attachment 573420

Eichenberger woolfelt homburg
View attachment 573421

Penn-Craft
View attachment 573422

Cambiaghi
View attachment 573423

Joseph E Ward
View attachment 573424

Berteil Castor
View attachment 573425
Love the Leons. And the fuzzy Barbisio really fits the season.

View attachment 573521
The Barbisio QS.
View attachment 573522
Glad to hear she is home and on the mend

On this Christmas Eve it’s my Dobbs Fifteen.…. Originally sold at The Higbee Co in Cleveland the location of the Department Store Santa scene in the movie A Christmas Story where Santa famously tells Ralphie … “You’ll shots your eye out kid” after Ralphie asks Santa for a Red Ryder BB gun. I think it goes quite nicely with this flannel I’ve been wearing the last few days (because when else do I get to wear it?). I’d say it’s a Major Award!

IMG_20231224_150937353_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231224_150958260_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231224_151150478_PORTRAIT Copy.jpeg
IMG_20231224_151059903_HDR Copy.jpeg
IMG_20231224_151051105_HDR Copy.jpeg
IMG_20231224_151143558_PORTRAIT Copy.jpeg
IMG_20231224_151255018_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231224_151018603_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

Merry Christmas… Ho Ho Hoooo!

IMG_5589.gif
IMG_5590.gif

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
On this Christmas Eve it’s my Dobbs Fifteen.…. Originally sold at The Higbee Co in Cleveland the location of the Department Store Sant scene in the movie A Christmas Story where Santa famously tells Ralphie … “You’ll shots your eye out kid” after Ralphie asks Santa for a Red Ryder BB gun. I think it goes quite nicely with this flannel I’ve been wearing the last few days (because when else do I get to wear it?). I’d say it’s a Major Award!

View attachment 573583 View attachment 573584 View attachment 573585 View attachment 573586 View attachment 573587 View attachment 573588 View attachment 573589 View attachment 573590

Merry Christmas… Ho Ho Hoooo!

View attachment 573591 View attachment 573592
What a great Dobbs, Joe. And one cool Christmas look :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael