Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

StoryPNW

One Too Many
Wearing one of my Wolfbraes headed out on an adventure with my wife.
20240209_105218.jpg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
My score from an antique store in Boise yesterday. Resistol Dakota, Double X; the color is Canyon. Based on when the headband-imprinted dealer closed up shop, and the factory tag, with price, still inside the headband, I'm going to guestimate this one as very late 70s to very early 80s. It's got a few flaws, but nothing that's going to keep me from enjoying the hell out of wearing it! The setting is Deer Flat again.
View attachment 588629 View attachment 588630

Sharp lid, VDS!
You have some fine lookin westerns!

VoodooSan

Practically Family

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Fresh snow on the Owyhees, relatively new (to me) hat on my head. Resistol Stagecoach Timber Creek, circa 1981, in Granite Gray. First thing I did was 86 the woven-fiber hatband. (Shown just for the shudder-factor.) That got replaced with a contrasting-gray ribbon. Then I had to deal with the flat, square, looks-like-the-wall-of-a-building crown. Pinched the front some, added a mule kick, and deepened the side dents. Still a hell of a crown, but I'm hopeful that now at least it won't scare small children and horses. :D

Resistol Timber Creek 1.jpg
Resistol TC re-crease 1.jpg
Resistol TC re-crease 2.jpg

Fresh snow on the Owyhees, relatively new (to me) hat on my head. Resistol Stagecoach Timber Creek, circa 1981, in Granite Gray. First thing I did was 86 the woven-fiber hatband. (Shown just for the shudder-factor.) That got replaced with a contrasting-gray ribbon. Then I had to deal with the flat, square, looks-like-the-wall-of-a-building crown. Pinched the front some, added a mule kick, and deepened the side dents. Still a hell of a crown, but I'm hopeful that now at least it won't scare small children and horses. :D

View attachment 588940 View attachment 588941 View attachment 588942
It’s a good change! Looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred