Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Modern Barbisio from 2007 on the first sunny day Denmark has had in weeks.

20240304_152543.jpg

hambone71

Practically Family
New fedora alert. Came in today.
First time in my country life being in vogue.
Literally and figuratively.
All I had to do was brush, flange and steam shape. Thin, light, nice felt that shaped up well, but needed a degree of skill.
I’d say the extra creamy felt color is more properly represented somewhere in between the topside and bottom photos. This Vogue has the orange and red reorder tags inside. Hand written price tag inside states the color is ivory, sold for $12.50 in 1951 if I’m seeing it right.
Very well pleased to be the caretaker of this fine old gal!

. View attachment 596737 View attachment 596738 View attachment 596739 View attachment 596740 View attachment 596741
Holy smokes, Randall! That is truly a magnificent hat. The colors, the liner, the sweat, the condition, everything about it is top notch!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
All I had to do was brush, flange and steam shape. Thin, light, nice felt that shaped up well, but needed a degree of skill.
I’d say the extra creamy felt color is more properly represented somewhere in between the topside and bottom photos. This Vogue has the orange and red reorder tags inside. Hand written price tag inside states the color is ivory, sold for $12.50 in 1951 if I’m seeing it right.

. View attachment 596737 View attachment 596738 View attachment 596739 View attachment 596740 View attachment 596741
Congratulations, sir! That's a beauty, inside and out!

O my, what a hat! Monster score, Randall.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Super cool—love that subtle brim treatment.

Beautiful!

A special hat for sure Randall. I think you deserve this one!!!

Holy smokes, Randall! That is truly a magnificent hat. The colors, the liner, the sweat, the condition, everything about it is top notch!

Congratulations, sir! That's a beauty, inside and out!

O my, what a hat! Monster score, Randall.

Thanks for your swell compliments on this prize, guys!!
She’s a beaut for sure!
Has a 2 7/8” brim and 4 1/2” crown at pinch.
Size 7 3/8, but she musta shrunk a bit and was a hair tight, had to stretch ‘er just a tad.
Think it’s fair to say I have a new top favorite!
Since I haven’t found one I’d also think about starting a Vogue thread, but since there’s so few of us active FL members having one, even Eric’s two, these things would get mighty lonely on that thread!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Randall; Congrats sir! That is truly a show stopper hat. The felt is and condition put it over the top. I do love the liners two hues. Wear it with pride sir!

Cheers, Eric -

BTW: Here is a comparison I posted about a couple other Vogues - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/side-by-side-hat-comparisons.65983/post-2747433 .

Thanks, Eric!

Your two sure are nice!!!
And both older than the one I have.
One looks to be mid forties?
I sure dig the colors on your two!
Thanks for sharing the link

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Oh brother where art thou? That is a smashing hat, Randall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav