Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
That is a great looking hat Skipper. I would love to see more of it. Do you have shots of the bow work? You also wear it very well!

Your photos make me miss the ocean. Just two more months and I'll be back!
Thank you!

IMG_0413.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0507.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0508.jpeg

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the extra photos - that’s a real beauty! Dimensional brim? What a great color combination and really terrific ribbon work.

Thanks for showing, Rob - I’ll have to take a closer look at the Busted Hat Company thread.

I do believe a dimensional brim (at least my measurements show it a skosh less wide on the sides)

Darrell -- Who is great to work with btw had this to say:

“New hand made hand sewn Fedora Hat size 7 1/4", 100% rabbit fur felt, the color is a steel gray, the hat band is made of 1 1/2" wide vintage grosgrain ribbon burgundy color, Medium Brown leather sweatband 2" wide. I block the fur felt using water and steam to pull the felt over the wooden hat block and after the felt is dry, I work on the felt until it has a smooth feel, I cut the brim to a 3" width, I cut and sew the leather sweatband to the proper size and then sew it into the hat by hand, then I make a hat band and sew it to the hat by hand, then I use steam to shape the hat brim and crown, the last thing that I do is make the satin hat liner and sew it into the hat, I put a lot of work into each hat that I make, all sewing is by hand, I don't know how to use a sewing machine, I couldn't sew a straight line without some type of guide. I sign the back side of the leather sweatband with the date that the hat was made by myself and Busted Hats.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL