Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
The Ramenzoni
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-09 at 08.55.01.jpeg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the parallel crown lines and the crown height, too. Man, my tastes have changed since I started with my addiction.
I hope I don't start liking derbys and westerns. It will get a whole lot more expensive. [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Derbys, yes. I don't think you would look good in westerns, you should stay away from them[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bobm

A-List Customer
I posted this a few days ago but had some sort of "technical difficulty" so I'll try again.

Worth and Worth Nomad - brim both ways - up and down. Not the best pics, but you get the idea. I do like how comfortable the softer felts feels compared to the stiffer ones - though both have their place.
It's a deep chocolate brown that changes shades very much so under different lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_3209nomad.jpg
    IMG_3209nomad.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3218nomad2.jpg
    IMG_3218nomad2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 189

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Stetson One Hundred today. You can still see the breakline from when I had it downsized from 7 1/2 to 58.5. The mark is only about 1/8th of an inch wide.
I asked Ignacio to add a little more to the brim width on purpose.

That stain line at brim breakover line is probably a $350 option feature of a Nick Fouquet hat. Don't tell Ignacio. Nice hat.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Glad I could inspire Charlie. Unfortunately no new car purchase for me. New car in would mean a car would have to go out. I can not let go of my "woody" to pick-up a new summer ride - yet.

i-Z54kgMF-M.jpg

I snapped these pics at a local classic auto show my nephew talked us into showing at. I was very reluctant, but he enjoyed the experience. I suspect we will participate again this coming summer.

I certainly could never ask my wife to trade in her new car that I picked up for her this past summer.

i-tcrvRT6-M.jpg

I need to stay out of vintage car shops. Easiest way to save is not to shop. I think I will head out for a dog walk.

The wind is howling - I am sport'n the same cap as yesterday afternoon.

i-2rt5Qgx-M.jpg

Eric -

I wish I could travel back in time and reclaim some of the cars I used to have way back in the day. This '56 Chevy Belair was one of my favorites. Aside from the 800 cfm Holley and headers, it had a stock 375 hp 327 cid and was backed up by a Muncie 4spd and a 411 differential. I think it was the one car I most regretted selling, (and I had some nice ones). But no hat back then.

Chevy-1956-2.jpg

I wish I could travel back in time and reclaim some of the cars I used to have way back in the day. This '56 Chevy Belair was one of my favorites. Aside from the 800 cfm Holley and headers, it had a stock 375 hp 327 cid and was backed up by a Muncie 4spd and a 411 differential. I think it was the one car I most regretted selling, (and I had some nice ones). But no hat back then.

Chevy-1956-2.jpg

You’re giving me flashbacks, Terry. My brother had a ‘56 Nomad, same colors!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
The trip back from Cuenca to Guayaquil is usually 2.5-3 hours and includes a steep rise in altitude, traveling through Cajas National Park. Elevation runs 3100-4450 meters, or around 10,225-14,600 feet. At the highest point in the drive I find myself taking deep breaths at an increased rate to get more oxygen. The drive down the mountain, either to Cuenca or Guayaquil, gives relief for me.

There's been a lot of rain, causing a few rock, dirt and mudslides on the road. We had to stop and wait an hour or so for earth movers to arrive and clear the road. A local with a huge tray of hot empanadas, etc, showed up within 5 minutes of our stop. We were 2nd in line...

I wore my Wormser on the ride back.

View attachment 151492 View attachment 151493
The guy with the empanadas probably caused the mudslide. [emoji2]

Tukwila

Chevy-1956-2.jpg
A friend in Oregon is retiring so sold his business and his mint 56 Belair. Just beautiful cars!

Tukwila

Glad I could inspire Charlie. Unfortunately no new car purchase for me. New car in would mean a car would have to go out. I can not let go of my "woody" to pick-up a new summer ride - yet.

i-Z54kgMF-M.jpg

I snapped these pics at a local classic auto show my nephew talked us into showing at. I was very reluctant, but he enjoyed the experience. I suspect we will participate again this coming summer.

I certainly could never ask my wife to trade in her new car that I picked up for her this past summer.

i-tcrvRT6-M.jpg

I need to stay out of vintage car shops. Easiest way to save is not to shop. I think I will head out for a dog walk.

The wind is howling - I am sport'n the same cap as yesterday afternoon.

i-2rt5Qgx-M.jpg

Eric -
Wow! Pristine beauties, Eric!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric,
These gems you come up never cease to knock me out of my chair. You find hats I have never seen. This color combo on this Whippet is nothing short of incredible.

Thanks sir. Each of the posting members on this forum have very diverse hat interests. I frequently have the same reactions as you - floored by posts. For me the long hair hats posted of late are just eye opening. Glad I could service your eyes today sir.

Chevy-1956-2.jpg

Thanks. The big chrome fronts and rear fins of these vintage cars are so cool. I love the '56 Chevy Belair. I see them at the vintage shows and always am appreciative. Keep looking as there are bargains to be had.

Wow! Pristine beauties, Eric!

Thanks sir. I bought them, not re-built them. Being an engineer by schooling has me knowing a lot about them(in theory), but having zero ability to re-build them.

Here in my Minnesota neighborhood it has warmed up to 8’f. A believe a bunch or wool is needed for today’s weather.

i-SVMWJx5-M.jpg

Eric -

Chevy-1956-2.jpg

I wish I had more photos of our 1966 VW with the peace sign on the back window. Got it for free with 80,000 miles, sold it for 800 with 160,000 miles. Here is a shot taken by the Buffalo News after our Blizzard of '77. I had driven to within a couple of blocks of home when it bottomed out on a snow bank. Dug it out all around and underneath the next day, leaving a four foot pillar of snow under each wheel... knocked them down one at a time, started it up and drove it home. What a great car that was.

'66 bug.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21