Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DDR/GDR Velour possibly early to mid 1960s and a recent arrival. No company info but the machined form and Velour are very similar to VEB Luckenwalder Hutfabrik.

32917723698_7ddeb4541c_b.jpg

46740850362_f2974180f7_b.jpg

39828162023_8ffe43df79_b.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Stocking up on groceries in my new Knox Fifteen derby while it's a balmy 34F today. Soon to be our turn for the storm crossing the country, with estimates of 4-10" of snow followed by double digits below 0F once we get on the backside. Looks like I'll be shoveling this weekend.
View attachment 152634
There's a better life in southern latitudes, you know?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
There's a better life in southern latitudes, you know?

Well I originally hail from Michigan's Upper Peninsula, so relatively speaking I am now in southern latitudes as I moved from the northern end of Lake Michigan to the southern end. Compared to what I experienced growing up this is a walk in the park. Besides, this cold weather is good for you, builds character.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Well I originally hail from Michigan's Upper Peninsula, so relatively speaking I am now in southern latitudes as I moved from the northern end of Lake Michigan to the southern end. Compared to what I experienced growing up this is a walk in the park. Besides, this cold weather is good for you, builds character.
Hahaha. I would much rather be a wuss. Cold actually hurts! I hate it!
P.S. If you spend a year in Mexico City, or better yet, Cuernavaca, you too will wonder what people are doing up there. What's the need?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

People keep telling me that, and always give me the “but the seasons,” and the “just go outside, it will make you feel better.”
And... nope. Sixteen years in this godforsaken Dakota tundra after growing up in Southern California and still not cool with cold. I must be considerably lacking in character!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
P.S. If you spend a year in Mexico City, or better yet, Cuernavaca, you too will wonder what people are doing up there. What's the need?

There is no need to be up there. See above. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I barely ever was indoors growing up, but now for nine months of every year I can hardly bring myself to leave the house, but for the potential of being fired...

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

If you do a Google image search for "outhouse races upper michigan" you can see what you're missing out on. ;) Besides, it's only cold until you go numb. Then you don't feel anything.

Can't say that I've been Mexico City or Cuernavaca. I'd love to see a futbol/soccer match at Estadio Azteca. Only part of Mexico has been Juárez for work purposes. I will admit, sometimes I find myself a little jealous seeing you on the golf course in the middle of winter.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
If you do a Google image search for "outhouse races upper michigan" you can see what you're missing out on. ;) Besides, it's only cold until you go numb. Then you don't feel anything.

Can't say that I've been Mexico City or Cuernavaca. I'd love to see a futbol/soccer match at Estadio Azteca. Only part of Mexico has been Juárez for work purposes. I will admit, sometimes I find myself a little jealous seeing you on the golf course in the middle of winter.
And with a suntan!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
People keep telling me that, and always give me the “but the seasons,” and the “just go outside, it will make you feel better.”
And... nope. Sixteen years in this godforsaken Dakota tundra after growing up in Southern California and still not cool with cold. I must be considerably lacking in character!

Dakotas actually get it worse than the U.P. in terms of cold, as you get the full blast of Artic/Canadian air, but we get more snow with lake effect. I doff my hat to you for dealing with that cold, especially coming from SoCal.

Last edited:

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I absolutely lust after the dimensions and color of that Knox. What a grand Homburg. The Stetson is cool too, but damn!

Very nice.

Wow Reggie, that VS is just made for that look. The scarf really ties it all together. You rock!

Just because you can!! Looks so good to these Panama starved eyes.

Looking sharp today Perry. Love the Tilden!

You will be allowed to not TAR today Jim, that brim and ribbon make up for the transgression.

Darn it Justin, you are looking so great in these vintage duds of late. Do you get to wear this type of garb in your new job? It sure looks like they would fit right in with the vibe around there. Dig that crown!

You are well equipped in that Akubra Jay.
Thanks, Red!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

I once went to see Mexico play in a World Cup game in Estadio Azteca, one of the largest in the world, with my first wife, an American from Chicago.

On the way over I was telling her about how spectacular the noise and fervor of the crowd in that stadium is.

She replied "we have stadiums in the US, Max", rolling her eyes.
-Oh, but this is different, Julie, you'll see.
-Yeah, sure, OK.

When we first entered the stadium through the tunnel the boom of the crowd hit us both on the chest in a way that she was totally unprepared for, as she looked in awe at the huge flags it took three people to wave.

Oh, Wow, holy s****, she whispered.
In Azteca Stadium, you have to yell in your companion's ear to be understood.

I once went to see Mexico play in a World Cup game in Estadio Azteca, one of the largest in the world, with my first wife, an American from Chicago.

On the way over I was telling her about how spectacular the noise and fervor of the crowd in that stadium is.

-Yeah, sure, OK.

When we first entered the stadium through the tunnel the boom of the crowd hit us both on the chest in a way that she was totally unprepared for, as she looked in awe at the huge flags it took three people to wave.

I don’t even like soccer/football and I want to experience that. Road trip to Max’s? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family

-Yeah, sure, OK.

I've never been to a soccer game, especially one of that magnitude. I do remember my first experience at Ohio Stadium for an Ohio State football game though. Over 100,000 screaming fans was quite breathtaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner