Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Today I wore one of my two new-to-me Royal Stetsons - the one with the lower crown. It was the first time my wife has seen it on my head.

The front pinch is at 4", between 1/4 and 1/2" lower than most of my hats.

She reacted very positively to it. I told her why, as in what she was looking at, in comparison to what she usually sees on me. She liked it a lot.

View attachment 155217
At least she noticed, they are just another hat to mine. The only time she comments is to complain about the $$ spent.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I agree with BB, Jeff. My favorite too. If you ever decide to make it look more from that period in time I think it would look real good with a center crease.

So I messed around with this American Legend 8X hat that I almost never wear, and put in a narrow center crease. I didn’t think I could wear it without dents but I may be convinced otherwise now. I think this was another beaver brand hat I acquired during the liquidations, but it doesn’t say that anywhere. Anyway, maybe this is more along the lines of what you were talking about?

Before, and wet:

2cf5344b9428478c4ec4eb0d808a0496.jpg

After, dry and with crease. Yes I am quickly growing fond of this jacket.

3dcb1cd5263e394bd5d60ad2cfd2a634.jpg

4de07832fd4b62c8786ed31e1019837a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
At least she noticed, they are just another hat to mine. The only time she comments is to complain about the $$ spent.

We try to 'fill the bucket' as often as we can with each other, so we tend to notice and mention anything that fits into the 'good' category.

I guess I get don't the $$ complaints because I don't buy nearly as many as some others here. ;)

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
We try to 'fill the bucket' as often as we can with each other, so we tend to notice and mention anything that fits into the 'good' category.

I guess I get don't the $$ complaints because I don't buy nearly as many as some others here. ;)
Who might you mean? Bowen and Brent?
Hey, where is Brent, anyway?
Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Today I wore one of my two new-to-me Royal Stetsons - the one with the lower crown. It was the first time my wife has seen it on my head.

The front pinch is at 4", between 1/4 and 1/2" lower than most of my hats.

She reacted very positively to it. I told her why, as in what she was looking at, in comparison to what she usually sees on me. She liked it a lot.

View attachment 155217
Can't say how happy I am you and your wife like the hat.Always worry when I sell a hat,that the new owner won't like it as much as I did.It looks great on you.

So I messed around with this American Legend 8X hat that I almost never wear, and put in a narrow center crease. I didn’t think I could wear it without dents but I may be convinced otherwise now. I think this was another beaver brand hat I acquired during the liquidations, but it doesn’t say that anywhere. Anyway, maybe this is more along the lines of what you were talking about?

Before, and wet:

2cf5344b9428478c4ec4eb0d808a0496.jpg

After, dry and with crease. Yes I am quickly growing fond of this jacket.

3dcb1cd5263e394bd5d60ad2cfd2a634.jpg

4de07832fd4b62c8786ed31e1019837a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To me your Buckaroo is more of a crossover, this 8X a Derby. The center crease I had in mind for the Buckaroo is more like shown below. You can add wide dents or not.

IMG_0663.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner