Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not big on 2 1/2 brims either. But if you have a hat with a tall straight crown and a 2 1/2 brim it doesn't look so bad.

Agreed - 2 1/2” on a straight crown looks good. For example, I like this Stetson 100 but still think another quarter inch would make it better.

592F3B64-A528-424B-8964-8E37F98E4136.jpeg
9C758EB8-BB6E-47CC-BDFC-03478DA0AFD6.jpeg
E03C46FD-E316-4938-81F8-C566B618FB28.jpeg

I'm not big on 2 1/2 brims either. But if you have a hat with a tall straight crown and a 2 1/2 brim it doesn't look so bad.

I do prefer the 2 3/8” to 2 1/2” for true dress hats when I’m not in a homburg. The bigger brims don’t pair well with my suits and look...a bit sloppy or casual to my eye. I have no issues with wearing 3 1/4” with a sport coat. Just my personal tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I do prefer the 2 3/8” to 2 1/2” for true dress hats when I’m not in a homburg. The bigger brims don’t pair well with my suits and look...a bit sloppy or casual to my eye. I have no issues with wearing 3 1/4” with a sport coat. Just my personal tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think my sweet spot for brims are 2 5/8 to 2 3/4. I'm leaning more toward favoring 2 5/8, though. But I was surprised at well this black 3 inch brimmed Borsa went with Levis and a work shirt. It goes well with sunglasses too, I think.
Borsa_Conversion_5_A.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Sorry that I've been too busy to comment on this conversion. I really like how it turned out. Getting rid of the taper does wonders for the look of this hat. Some days are just made for a black hat. Keeping one around is a wise move. Super Terry!

Hang onto summer for as long as you can Jim. This Dobbs is a real looker. I like it's simple, classic lines.

One of my favorites Bob. Is it Mirtillo? or some other Borsalino name for navy blue?

Cool research Bob. This one is a museum piece. That haul was epic!
Thank you, Mike!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Pants dude...maybe the belt! Ha
LOL, What Pants Are You Wearing Today.

MOMOTARO JEANS
G003-MZ 14.7OZ COPPER LABEL CLASSIC INDIGO WIDE STRAIGHT ZIPPER FLY
They have a high rise and a classic straight cut. The material uses light soft Zimbabwe raw cotton which has a a pleasant feeling when worn. The cotton threads are dyed with the beautiful Momotaro's original blue color that is a replication of the very first Japanese denims. There is a peach shaped stitch of the right pocket, indigo cotton inside liner, and pink cotton inseam thread to give it the stylish luxurious design. The denims are pre-washed.
After washing, shrinkage will be about 1 cm on the inseam.
-Wide straight
-14.7oz Sanforized denim
-Zimbabwe cotton 100%
-One washed
-Zipper fly
-Made in Japan

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I definitely won't get rid of it, that's for sure. I'm either going to get to used to the 3 inch brim or I'll take it down a little. But I hate the thought of trimming that brim and losing the binding and taking away from its originality. I put a little stiffener on the brim and it seems to be holding up fairly well instead of the floppiness it had. But, getting rid of it is out of the question. Not for sale.
[emoji22] You would rather get rid of the brim binding than sell it to me? [emoji22]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

A trip to the local Home Show this morning. I fear the wife is going full on bonkers with some home improvements. Hückel Chamois from the late 1950s One of those hats you love to touch, such a finish. Originally sold at U. Feil in Stuttgart, where my Mercedes is from, appropriate since Eleanor turned over 100K yesterday. My girl is reached a milestone, just a baby in Benz terms.

View attachment 137735 View attachment 137736 View attachment 137737 View attachment 137738
Inspiring, Mike. Goes well with the car too!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart