Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Eric. The music today was most excellent and all local talent. And every bit on par with the national acts we saw over the last two days. We have a deep vein here and it's all gold. Loved the blue OR and the cadet blue you wore yesterday? And the brown OR, and every other hat you wear. ha ha.

Now that sounds like a plan.

Lots of hats out at the show today.
IMG_3340 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Those guys were playing some real vintage jazz. I think the newest song they played was written in 1931.
The only photo of my hat today
IMG_3318 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
But here is me at home after 3 days of music.
IMG_3366 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Feeling a little frizzed. After the last act ended today a little old lady who had been sitting across the sidewalk from me for most of the show came over and thanked me for my contribution to the culture of Iowa City. Ha ha. I got a photo of these two guys
IMG_3350 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
In between acts a lady walked up from one direction with one of the guys in the saxophone shirts and the other guy came from the other direction. They had never met before. So she had me take a photo of them all together on her phone. And then one of me with them. They introduced themselves to each other afterwards and both were named Mike. So 3 Mikes. Be careful what you name your kids. I guess.

Have a good evening, I think it's about bedtime here,
Michael
Sounds like you had a great day, Michael. I often say to my daughters that I have the world's best shadow. Yours looked pretty good, too. [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Small trip for coffe and cigar on this windy and rainy Saturday with my Agnoulita custom
View attachment 175883
On the way back I came across this one. Trilbys is not my cup of tea but it was too cheap to resist ;) Not sure about the age, but the condition is great, hand is very soft (I guess wool) and features a slightly longer nap (something between suede and velour I would say). The only thing I know is that is made in Sweden, pretty well made for my eyes I would say. Color is dark blue.
View attachment 175884 View attachment 175885 View attachment 175886 View attachment 175887 View attachment 175888
Have a nice weekend,
Panos View attachment 175883 View attachment 175884 View attachment 175885 View attachment 175886 View attachment 175887 View attachment 175888

Looks nice out there. The Agnoulitas is great! Nice little trilby too. Not really my cup of tea either, but there are one or two I haven’t quite been able to let go of yet.
Favorite type of cigar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Panama Bob.
0aeaf8e3e5e5fc09425d6d2ef0cd6e99.jpg
7e1188ad3a94a28cd084fc5ba1511d53.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Real classy!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Steve! Vintage market is quite limited around here, so the cool factor is higher, even for hats that I wouldn't usually go for.
And the extra cool thing about having a hat that you don't like or one that's too small is, there are plenty of guys on the FL willing to take it off your hands [emoji6]

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like you had a great day, Michael. I often say to my daughters that I have the world's best shadow. Yours looked pretty good, too. [emoji4]

Thanks Steve. It was a good weekend, but I particularly liked Sunday as it was a little cooler. I often take shadow pictures at this time of year as the timing of my photo sessions and the sun are in sync. Don't post them very often.

Thanks,
Michael

PanosChris

Practically Family
Looks nice out there. The Agnoulitas is great! Nice little trilby too. Not really my cup of tea either, but there are one or two I haven’t quite been able to let go of yet.
Favorite type of cigar?

Thanks! Not really a hard core smoker, mostly seasonal I would say since only summer allows smoking outdoors in this part of the earth. Lately I try different ones from Santo Domingo, Nicaragua and Columbia, almost exclusively in robusto format.

PanosChris

Practically Family
And the extra cool thing about having a hat that you don't like or one that's too small is, there are plenty of guys on the FL willing to take it off your hands [emoji6]

Hehe got it ;) For the time being my girlfriend allready took it off my hands (!) but I will have it in mind for future findings, should be fun! Thanks for the tip Steve
IMG-82cb347db391ac403f1de295cef1b337-V.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran