Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Sweated up this Scala “Panama” loading a trailer full of vintage oak barn siding. Was put to load-carrying shame by the Amish seller and four of his barefoot kids. Three of them girls... [emoji30]

334827fa899d77ca8623cd1f7da09ce8.jpg

d1896c780e8da7d3f825e043dc7b1401.jpg
I like it and the band really looks nice.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Apologies as this post is not all about wearing hats, but rather getting ready to wear hats.

i-RkMD685-M.jpg

(L-r: Playboy, Whippet, Bantam (gray), Select Stetson, Flagship, Playboy, Playboy)

While waiting on dinner preparations, I have been using my Jiffy Steamer, wood/plastic blocks, brush and cleaner working to spiff up some hats. Two had undergone spot cleaning (dish soap and water applied with sponge and toothbrush) followed by steaming. A few requiring stiff brushing and them some steaming. Two different ones are dried from a Coleman White Gas bath and a steaming with a crown blocking (to remind them of their shapes).

i-3KQzjt8-L.jpg

For absolutely no good reason these shown are all vintage Stetsons. I swear I have other makers. :) This is just a serendipitous vintage Stetson occasion.:D

Sitting outside the distilled water used for cleaning and steaming dries quickly. Inside they will receive a wipe of leather conditioner. I have been using some Allen Edmonds Leather Conditioner/Cleaner of late. I was out of other leather conditioners and have been using this and enjoying the outcome. The past month I have used this liquid on my vintage, bespoke and modern shoes. Fancier conditioners for shoes and hats are on their way.

Afternoon agenda - Prepping hats, preparing for dinner guests and then out to a local club to listen to some blues and jazz this evening. Thanks for allowing me to share.

Best, Eric -
Sounds like the perfect day, Eric.

Thanks for sharing not only the hats, but some good tips on hat care.

Have a good Sunday - Steve

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I went out and about this evening in a Stetson Flagship. It paired well with a 40's tie and a late 50's Pendelton Topster.

i-hS8MWGg-M.jpg

i-wCTj86T-M.jpg

It was a terrific opportunity to see Walter Trout. I thoroughly enjoyed the blues master and his band.

Best to all, Eric -
Super vintage tie and jacket to go with the flagship, Eric.

You were really pulling out all the stops yesterday.

Great look.

2rcr6g5.jpg

On my morning walk I wear a hat that Fleur of Penumbra has reworked for me
2lk43s8.jpg

It is a panama of modest value and construction that has been revitalized by the work of the Dutch hatter.
10h4p3p.jpg

Today, after two days of absolute rest after a heatstroke that knocked me out, I started to get to the office and take a look at the treasure of felts that arrived two days ago
11igx3s.jpg

I was absent, but I took a look every now and then at the parade of hats exhibited here on the lounge.
Congratulations to all and keep it up:)
Glad to see you up and about, Daniele. Nice work by our favourite hatter!

Italian Balibuntal in Santa Bárbara Castle, Alicante.
Ana is wearing her Optimo Milan, and Alisa some mutt she bought in Mexico. You can lead a horse to water..
95a992de11ef0416068e39c449a997b6.jpg
188f3348953d8fefbfefdd5179dfcf91.jpg
f257229fe664b18ae4bf715c9996c239.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Nothing like a well hatted family, Max. While you're in Spain you can have a look at a good Cordobes hat.

Summer is a perfect time for the Ivy League look.

i-mgPG6M2-M.jpg

I have read that the early 1900s saw the very first pink dress shirt – designed by Brooks Brothers – become a hit. It was initially meant to target female students but it caught on more with college guys. Pink is a great summer color for short bald guys I believe. I am not sport'n a dress shirt, but mine is weather appropriate.

i-kgb6WvF-M.jpg

The pug and the hat are a match for my Champ which is a "Hand Woven, South American Genuine Panama." Some panama hats are easy to pick-up. Going into the city or driving out to the country, this hat travels well. Warm weather hats, for me, need a substantial leather sweat. The wear and effort of the leather sweat for me increases during the warm weather. You begin with quality leather and end with the everyday careful conditioning/drying of the vintage leather that is needed to "gently" wear a panama. This panama has more decades of wear coming.

i-KQh5v9X-M.jpg

i-K3KsfMQ-M.jpg

i-8trwxw8-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Your collection still surprises me with super hats I haven't seen before, Eric. That Champ is outstanding!

Apologies as this post is not all about wearing hats, but rather getting ready to wear hats.

i-RkMD685-M.jpg

(L-r: Playboy, Whippet, Bantam (gray), Select Stetson, Flagship, Playboy, Playboy)

While waiting on dinner preparations, I have been using my Jiffy Steamer, wood/plastic blocks, brush and cleaner working to spiff up some hats. Two had undergone spot cleaning (dish soap and water applied with sponge and toothbrush) followed by steaming. A few requiring stiff brushing and them some steaming. Two different ones are dried from a Coleman White Gas bath and a steaming with a crown blocking (to remind them of their shapes).

i-3KQzjt8-L.jpg

For absolutely no good reason these shown are all vintage Stetsons. I swear I have other makers. :) This is just a serendipitous vintage Stetson occasion.:D

Sitting outside the distilled water used for cleaning and steaming dries quickly. Inside they will receive a wipe of leather conditioner. I have been using some Allen Edmonds Leather Conditioner/Cleaner of late. I was out of other leather conditioners and have been using this and enjoying the outcome. The past month I have used this liquid on my vintage, bespoke and modern shoes. Fancier conditioners for shoes and hats are on their way.

Afternoon agenda - Prepping hats, preparing for dinner guests and then out to a local club to listen to some blues and jazz this evening. Thanks for allowing me to share.

Best, Eric -
I may need to change my underwear!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice look. Congrats. There may be a boater revival in the air [emoji4]
f96327af0a5fc536dd2e06bf216e8a5b.jpg

Love that old boater. Great look, too. I forgot to say, I really liked that tweed jacket you were wearing the other day.

I still think they took the pricepoint names too far with that one, but the hat is a winner, Michael.
Could be. I would have preferred it if they had set it at $17. A nice prime number.

Last few days. Not very summery over here. If it gets any cooler I might break out the velour hats.
Dobbs Hanover Square
View attachment 176851
Lord Byron
View attachment 176852
Borsalino Ghiaccio
View attachment 176853
Please send cool weather this way. And feel free to include on Hanover Square.

Thanks,
Michael

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Love that old boater. Great look, too. I forgot to say, I really liked that tweed jacket you were wearing the other day.

Could be. I would have preferred it if they had set it at $17. A nice prime number.

Please send cool weather this way. And feel free to include on Hanover Square.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. I picked up the jacket while in England along with the boater. It's a John G. Hardy from about 1980. Excellent quality and in excellent condition, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points