Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening.

Arrived back in Minnesota just before evening storms roll thru. I wanted to share that I am wearing the new straw cap the past days. This Jonathan Cordova cap rocks!

i-ZB5qhfc-M.jpg

i-GVg89pc-M.jpg

The architecture provides plenty of space and venting to be comfortable. Just enough stiffness to keep the cap shape and well off my head. Perfect.

i-kqkkhMJ-M.jpg

i-MxrbBSJ-M.jpg

This evening was a Steteson evening.

i-LhdMhpL-M.jpg

i-cFnPgrq-M.jpg

i-mFJsh24-L.jpg

i-dFJqmgz-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

View attachment 177441 View attachment 177442 View attachment 177443 View attachment 177444 Greetings All:
Today...in spite of the 91 deg temp and smothering humidity i couldn’t hold off with my recently acquired VS from a generous fellow lounger. Thank you @Ordinary Guy, Harry, for one very special hat. I know you’re missing it!!
I don’t have the superlatives to do justice to this hat. It’s just plain Art!! in black cherry!
Now i know what the big deal is.
Be well. Bowen
Gorgeous hat. Beautiful colour and the ribbon and bow treatment is awesome.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
The man about town! Very nice, Eric.

Good evening.

Arrived back in Minnesota just before evening storms roll thru. I wanted to share that I am wearing the new straw cap the past days. This Jonathan Cordova cap rocks!

i-ZB5qhfc-M.jpg

i-GVg89pc-M.jpg

The architecture provides plenty of space and venting to be comfortable. Just enough stiffness to keep the cap shape and well off my head. Perfect.

i-kqkkhMJ-M.jpg

i-MxrbBSJ-M.jpg

i-LhdMhpL-M.jpg

i-cFnPgrq-M.jpg

i-mFJsh24-L.jpg

i-dFJqmgz-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Out in the Leone Cappelli Milan today. I swapped pugs with the Wormser Milan and I like the change.

A guy at the gas station yelled over: Put that hat away! I WANT that hat! That's a nice hat!

A rarity, but I've decided I like this hat better with the front brim up. I know, I know.... heresy!

i-6LV4mzh-M.jpg
i-CF5jBnb-M.jpg

i-nLdNbzg-M.jpg
i-cbcxhsm-M.jpg

i-nfJtmsj-M.jpg

i-jjv7qJp-M.jpg

Before Mike Miller put in a new sweat and repaired some broken threads in the weave:

I'd say the hat has imprioved vastly with the new pug, Doug. The original one communicates "hippie commune" to me.

That Dobbs is Sweet, Stefan. Both great hats.

Thanks Steve. Feel free to take as much heat as you can get, as long as you are taking it from here. Actually we just dropped from 96 to 84 in 18 minutes. It's rather pleasant out now. I am going off to listen to the Dirty Dozen Brass Band out of doors in a few minutes. Still haven't decided on the right hat for it. Ha ha.

Michael
Thanks, Michael. I'm enjoying the felts while I can. The same heatwave that's heading for Denmark will hit us too. These waves generally don't last for more than a few days over here though. Chance for straws!

Good evening.

i-ZB5qhfc-M.jpg

i-GVg89pc-M.jpg

i-kqkkhMJ-M.jpg

i-MxrbBSJ-M.jpg

i-LhdMhpL-M.jpg

i-cFnPgrq-M.jpg

i-mFJsh24-L.jpg

i-dFJqmgz-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Just the idea of a straw cap is fantastic, Eric. The execution is incredible! The Whippet is no slough either.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Great pics, Max! I found the same thing with a Borsalino parabuntal that was a bit too large. I couldn't keep it on my head in even the slightest breeze!

Hat looks, great; wife and daughter look even better, but you look alright with the unshaven scruff!
It's the first time I haven't shaven in five days. I figure if I don't do it now, when I've no patients, I never will.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I love heat.

Looking forward to your hat choice, Michael. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll want it [emoji4]

Stay cool, my friend, and enjoy the jazz.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I decided to go with one of the Biltmore milan homburgs
IMG_4119 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4118 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
7-20-2019 Today's Clothes Evening Edition by Michael A2012, on Flickr
But sadly, the show was rained out.

Best to take it easy then, Michael. The Melvin should come in handy with that. Love that hat.
Thanks Stefan. I'm pretty fond of the Melvin, too. After several searches I've turned up exactly zero hits on this brand.

Enjoying the felt weather some more (heat is coming).
Imperial Stetson homburg (made by Failsworth)
View attachment 177572
Great looking homburg. How do you compare the felt to American made Stetsons?

Thanks,
Michael

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
A return to average temperature today. So I can go back to the felt hat morning/straw hat afternoon regime. Marathon
IMG_4157 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4151 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4130 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
7-21-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one,
Michael
Good looking Marathon Michael. Front crease shows a bit of a Indiana Jones "turn" at the front pinch. Love it,rugged, stylish, and full of character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21