Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Noticed a lot of great Stetson Playboys in the last few days.So here's the Playboy that I got in a trade with Moon.
mISQKVI.jpg
B5Bg3bA.jpg

Fantastic. One of those pristine powder blue ones is on my bucket list, so to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
508A7922-A074-44F2-BDFE-E82DAA5FE69D.jpeg
5F0B7352-CF5E-4408-B027-528D8161BCC5.jpeg
B1A35922-6780-4948-A0F7-FE07A95510DF.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today....i’ll answer the question..Does that guy ever post anything but Stetsons?
Well, yeah, sitting here in a Lee thinking about Disneys and age dating them.
Anyway, awhile back, as reference to how was the felt on this model Lee, i pulled the thinnest felts i had to compare for this inquirer. I was stunned at the competition. I ended up with some Vita-felt Strats, Bantam, Flagship, Borsa etc.
I determined that in a dark room blind feel test this Lee would come up tops ALOT!
Lee Adventure Blue Label sleeper.
Be well. Bowen
Recent kudos much appreciated my friends.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Beautiful hat, Ken, and well worth saving. Sometimes the leather of the sweat just gets separated from the reed. Usually the sweat gets repaired or replaced before it's gone completely though.
It's a really nice vintage hat and I'm not worried about it, it's just wrong for sellers to misrepresent items they sell and then play dumb about it. So, here is the response from the seller when I asked to either return the hat or them pay for the repairs: "Look at the picture, That's the way it came, what do you think every hat in the world comes with a sweatband?" lol Okay, bad review time for you bucko....:cool::cool::cool:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Good shape to that hat, Michael. Not sure about the ribbon I must admit.
Thanks Stefan. I'm not too sure about that ribbon either, but it's sort of growing on me. I am a child of the era.

I like that Hanover Square more and more. Great hat.
Thanks Stefan. Certainly one of my favorites. If I could come up with about 5 color variations of this one I'd be tempted to quit looking for more hats.

Excellence!
Thanks.

I decided I had to ride to the store so I put on this Filson hat
DSCN5555 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5554 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And a Filson double mac with some German leather foul weather pants. They all worked well.
DSCN5556 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I was dry when I got home, after an hour or so of riding in the rain.

Thanks,
Michael

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Oh gawd, just shoot me now... We are in full remodel mode on our house. The wife is decision challenged at best, and we are off to the "big city" to pick out tile and appliances. I just follow behind and agree...
A good hat for this project is the NW Hats Brent OR Clone refurb. Mike cut the brim width down just a bit to get rid of some moth nibbles and put a whip stitch on for good measure. I can gaze at this detail while nodding in approval of all the different tile choices.

View attachment 139013 View attachment 139014 View attachment 139015
Wow, great colors on that one Red.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a really nice vintage hat and I'm not worried about it, it's just wrong for sellers to misrepresent items they sell and then play dumb about it. So, here is the response from the seller when I asked to either return the hat or them pay for the repairs: "Look at the picture, That's the way it came, what do you think every hat in the world comes with a sweatband?" lol Okay, bad review time for you bucko....:cool::cool::cool:
LOL. What a maroon. I suppose every factory hat, represented as mint with no flaws actually did come with a sweatband.

You want a pic of my Disney hat to send him?

Tell him "Guess what? No one had to pay extra for that. It came standard, as it did for EVERY fur felt hat Disney (or Stetson, Resistol, Knox, Dobbs, Cavanagh, etc, etc, etc) ever sold.

i-TmCn2MK-X3.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 139033 View attachment 139034 View attachment 139035 Greetings All:
Today....i’ll answer the question..Does that guy ever post anything but Stetsons?
Well, yeah, sitting here in a Lee thinking about Disneys and age dating them.
Anyway, awhile back, as reference to how was the felt on this model Lee, i pulled the thinnest felts i had to compare for this inquirer. I was stunned at the competition. I ended up with some Vita-felt Strats, Bantam, Flagship, Borsa etc.
I determined that in a dark room blind feel test this Lee would come up tops ALOT!
Lee Adventure Blue Label sleeper.
Be well. Bowen
Recent kudos much appreciated my friends.
I appreciate you posting this in light of the Disney conversation.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
No, not original. Actually I picked the ribbon colors. I had Scott tell me when he got the right color hat I wanted. Then I choose ribbons based on the USMC Desert Uniform. I think it turned out pretty close.

Here is a picture of a young man I’ve known almost his whole life. He is hugging his mother on his return from a tour in Afghanistan. It is this uniform I was trying to match color wise.

View attachment 138875 View attachment 138881
Much Respect!!
B

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff