Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Impressive Geomorphology Jack! Can’t recall which glaciation it was (prob the Kansas or Nebraskan) but yes, that would bring those @Northern rocks your way. We spoke of the Pink Lady Formation in SD and Minn before.
We call them erratics or float rocks. I always said just think of them as the sand on the sandpaper along the bottom of a glacier that sanded things down a bit, like mountains. Lol
Nature’s conveyor belt!!
B
The county was settled in 1640 & there are a few cemeteries around where there are boulders being used as grave markers, big enough that it would take a pole truck to lift one. A few counties away is the largest deposit of Mozarkite in the world, some 450-500 million yrs old. During the Great Depression and again in the 1950's it was common that farmers & property owners sold all mineral rights to what might be underneath their farms & property just to be able to hang on to it.

View attachment 183025 View attachment 183026 View attachment 183027 View attachment 183028 View attachment 183029 Greetings All:
Today.....again continuing on in the big black hats i don’t wear because i look dumb and don’t have the stones to wear them theme.
Stetson No.1 stars and a red bow.
However, a story must be told!
Just now....a smokin hot neighbor’s daughter with legs to the moon walked by and piped up “i love how you’re rockin that hat Bowen”! Hell’s bells i hollered up “come here” and threw it on her for size. She’s a 10 i mean a 73/8 and she said we should have a hat tea party. She wears hats. Sucker i am, she will be getting a hat. Lol
Oh crap, her Mom just walked by, like i said “too the moon”!! I think i died and went to heaven!
This is why i sit on my porch!!
Be well. Bowen

And all you could give us a photo of is a stupid old hat?!?!? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Today marks the end of summer and the beginning of felt season.

Don’t I wish! :(

411d74d9a4d41f09556e9ed68044c690.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I found it on Amazon Prime. In Spanish, but still good.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
When we travel overseas we take my laptop with vpn software. We point it to a usa connection site to make our video apps think we're in the states. Bypasses those restrictions. We can access our programs on netflix, amazon, hulu, etc. Just like at home. Where there's a will there's a way. ;)

I picked this one up a few months ago, and haven't worn it because I was unhappy with the brim. I just couldn't get it flanged well and the brim had a persistent "Jed Clampett" dip to it. I spent some time getting it usable recently. Still not completely happy - the brim still has some flop to it.

It's a fine hat, though. Made by W. Alexander with the model name "Clipper," it's an excellent Gay Prince clone.
1f77b8503b643bc647621fdadcd52716.jpg
fde6ff1528e96612b422d88afef24909.jpg
7476b74004e36519f26c7a6470ef02fa.jpg
5ae6b0681a0e1c77be39b83cadd4be18.jpg
4c55f6ca009dca1061bcece8c199e5c1.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Interesting hat... kind of a wide brimmed boater
Thanks Fabio. I little more shellac and it would almost be there. Great looking Cury and suit combo you are wearing today.

Straw hats don't usually speak to me but I love this one!
Thanks J. It's been one of my favorites on the bike and in the yard this summer.

The forecast man says it's the last day of summer today. Melvin panama, probably on it's last outing of the year.
IMG_5433 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5435 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
9-3-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good day,
Michael

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Fabio. I little more shellac and it would almost be there. Great looking Cury and suit combo you are wearing today.

Thanks J. It's been one of my favorites on the bike and in the yard this summer.

The forecast man says it's the last day of summer today. Melvin panama, probably on it's last outing of the year.
IMG_5433 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5435 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
9-3-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good day,
Michael
Another great straw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran