Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Good morning folks. A vtg.Stetson Sovereign Twenty with a Mode Edge treatment went for a dog walk this morning. This is an excellent hat that needs much more head time.

i-22nbrX4-M.jpg

It has a lovely felt that is very clay like between the fingers. It takes a crease easily regardless of being a dress weight felt. The vintage green hued felt is a very attractive hue.

i-dW2N57x-M.jpg

i-PkZqwTh-M.jpg

More yard clean-up meant rake and leaf blower efforts. A Donegeal Tweed Shandon cap was just the ticket.

i-V8jpgcQ-M.jpg

i-2SBPXxP-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -
That Stetsonian is just the ticket Eric. I do pick up that hint of green on my monitor. I assume early 1950s?

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I received my (very early) birthday and Christmas present yesterday: this whiskey-colored beauty from Gannon. I couldn't be happier with the hat or with the process leading up to it. I doubt this will surprise anyone, but Michael was wonderful to work with.

View attachment 140379 View attachment 140380 View attachment 140381 View attachment 140382

Very sharp hat! I have a whiskey with a wider copper ribbon due from Michael Gannon in the very near future; your pictures confirm my high hopes. May you get many happy years of wear from it!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

JWBernard

New in Town
Thank you. I wanted something that balanced dressy and everyday, and that was different from my others--hence the flat and rolled brim, and the sort of intermediate ribbon (I have two Stratoliners and two with "regular" ribbons). The dimensions differ from anything else I have, too. Like I said, I couldn't be happier.

I can't wait to see your hat. It will be cool to compare our final results.

Very sharp hat! I have a whiskey with a wider copper ribbon due from Michael Gannon in the very near future; your pictures confirm my high hopes. May you get many happy years of wear from it!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Decided to go stingy on hump day.

b6a881092666fd0847d063da0a4599b6.jpg
831ee2d171630a2dc14506881cec2e4e.jpg
94933a3a9adf9e864c750da0a0a76988.jpg
90f6aa335b4fcac293a80b24b3af7f48.jpg
67d8da4ccbabc5a95bcefd486b3e149f.jpg

Haha. Just kidding!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Nice trilby, Jim.
View attachment 140366 View attachment 140367 View attachment 140368 Greetings All:
Today....this one’s for @Air Wing Marine, et al.
Welcome to the lounge Marine. Oorah!!
Mallory Aristocrat
B
That's such a super combination of colors. Aristocratic, indeed.
Good morning folks. A vtg.Stetson Sovereign Twenty with a Mode Edge treatment went for a dog walk this morning. This is an excellent hat that needs much more head time.

i-22nbrX4-M.jpg

It has a lovely felt that is very clay like between the fingers. It takes a crease easily regardless of being a dress weight felt. The vintage green hued felt is a very attractive hue.

i-dW2N57x-M.jpg

i-PkZqwTh-M.jpg

More yard clean-up meant rake and leaf blower efforts. A Donegeal Tweed Shandon cap was just the ticket.

i-V8jpgcQ-M.jpg

i-2SBPXxP-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -
That Twenty is extraordinary, Eric.
My version of a Longhair Whippet / Stetsonian clone. Resistol Stagecoach conversion...

Longhair-Whippet-Clone-5-A.jpg

Longhair-Whippet-Clone-6-A.jpg

Before on the right, After on the left
Resistol-Whippet-29-A.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-8-A.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-9-A.jpg
Beautiful work as always, Terry. Simply a great looking hat in every way.
I received my (very early) birthday and Christmas present yesterday: this whiskey-colored beauty from Gannon. I couldn't be happier with the hat or with the process leading up to it. I doubt this will surprise anyone, but Michael was wonderful to work with.

View attachment 140379 View attachment 140380 View attachment 140381 View attachment 140382
That's an absolute beauty.
Congratulations.

I've said it before but I'll say it again...
GottaGettaGannon.

i-22nbrX4-M.jpg

i-dW2N57x-M.jpg

i-PkZqwTh-M.jpg

i-V8jpgcQ-M.jpg

i-2SBPXxP-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -

Great color on that one, Eric. And good choice for WAR Wednesday.

Nice, JW. Dimensions?

If you get a chance, add it to the Gannon thread, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21