Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Back to work in a vintage Stetson Avenue. Got to love a green hat!

i-hv5HjZh-M.jpg

i-Cf2bmb9-M.jpg

i-V8SkCRr-M.jpg

I selected another unique edge treatment fedora for the afternoon/evening.

i-QnqdGFG-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Ok, Eric, I am just trying to keep up with you. The Stetsons: Scoop, Fifteen and this Avenue are just wonderful. You have put me on classic Stetson overload! keep them coming. I know you got a few more to share with the crowd.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric:
I believe you have just helped me identify a mystery hat that has stymied me for a couple years. Mine is missing the sweatband. Is this hat posted elsewhere in detail? If not could you post pics of the tags and brim stitching? Is the brim 2 3/4” with a 3/16” overwelt? I would appreciate any info on this wonderful hat. Thank you. Bowen

Bowen; I will have to forward pics of the inside labels tommorrow as the hat is at the gym, on my desk this evening. Coming soon.

I have a “The Avenue” that just got from Justin. But mine is a Vita Felt. Is yours a Vita Felt?

No vita markers or labels on this hat. This hat's felt is a dress weight that is just the most malleable felt you have ever felt before. It can pop to open crown and be creased ever so easily.

That said, I am curious to the vita felt. It must be grand. The Avenue hat I have is just plain elegant. It is a downtown hat or class in that dynamite vintage green Stetson made popular in the 30-40's.

Ok, Eric, I am just trying to keep up with you. The Stetsons: Scoop, Fifteen and this Avenue are just wonderful. You have put me on classic Stetson overload! keep them coming. I know you got a few more to share with the crowd.

Thanks sir. I passed some traveling duties to other staff of late and it has allowed me to spend a bit more time mid day at home. I am very appreciate of the time I can spend at home enjoying my wife, dog, home and wearing hats/caps. We will have to see what I can un-box in the coming weeks.

I can not wait to see what you post up. Your matching cap/jacket today is truly stunning. I have taken notice and started appreciating wearing a vintage tie a few days a week. It has me reminiscing about the enjoyable moments I spent employed in Corp. America. Yes in the past I needed to wear more formal attire than I do almost every week presently. You and a couple other frequent contributors to this thread have regular contributions that showcase your more dressed attire. I take notice of the posts.

I am reminded tonight of the enjoyment I take from the showcase of folks who live and do different things than I typically do. We are different, but alike in our passion of hats/vintage stuff.

Post on folks. Best, Eric -

Great snag Jim! I always thought that the Imperials were high end with all the bells and whistles. This is more understated than I expected. Wonderful hat to be sure, I guess there were different trim levels on all the models across the board. Love that suede finish, must feel wonderful.

Thanks. Not quite as elegant, perhaps, as Alan's, but this is obviously a high end hat from start to finish. There appears to have been a great attention to detail and the elements are very well turned out.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Well, weeks like this don't come around often for me. Two great hats came into my possession within a few days of each other and I get to share them with you. Yesterday was my first outing in a new-to-me vintage Stetsonian, courtesy of Greg. Yesterday, thanks to a hot tip from uber enabler @Bob Hufford, I unwrapped and pulled from an old and slightly beat Disney box, a late 40s/early 50s Imperial Quality Stetson that seems to be the model "Sportsman."

I haven't had this much fun since I dated the Robinson twins!

f92dc57cf62fae6192a4e507094257bb.jpg

This one features a felted ribbon, raw edge, and is a substantial felt in a "Suede Finish."

a34311d27032703d71fe668df8998123.jpg
3810dc9d4b1c49854fffc72f688a63fe.jpg

834977d5d513ba3bc37e7316016152ef.jpg
7e6ff8ea9b6f5ef611d3b658fd982d78.jpg
c2efb2f430ebf62c91f5a688e5a3f46a.jpg
1cb170587f7acddc1cb50149bb2824ef.jpg

Thanks for the tip, Bob!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Very cool hat Jim, but tell us more about the twins

101 Pathfinder

A-List Customer

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, please keep on sinning. It gives us all so much pleasure.
It is clear now that for sometimes I will be a sinner
View attachment 141822
Borsalino "Qualità Extra Superiore" size 6 1/2 60 centimeters or 7 1/2 US
View attachment 141824
Color "Sfinge" no indications of the model on the paper label as most of the Borsalino sold in Merano in "M. Hutter" shop
View attachment 141825
This is the second Borsalino I have in this color. The felt is medium weight, malleable and finished with a "peachy" surface
View attachment 141826
Contrasting ribbon in brown with some texture, raw brim with a stitch on the edge
View attachment 141827
In the sun you see the differente shades of this light brown and cream melange.
Thanks for the likes on the "Trionfo"
Buona giornata

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points