Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Tried my hand at making a Hawaiian feather hat band called Lei Humu Papa.
Wore it today on my Biltmore hemp.
Hi
4d84f79ec663d835ca14b8fb836b7831.jpg

091941e5a6a5914f64a361a198dfb9dc.jpg

2b5139b7dfd2850e2af91b6f0cb6e7dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I did use it. I was spending more time struggling to post at the lounge than struggling to make a decent hat, so called a breather yesterday evening and today. I got a lot accomplish, was feeling good, and thought I'd run circles around the app.I took the shots then opened Tapatalk, clicked new photo, clicked group, clicked Fedora Lounge, and then got choices that didn't help, there was no, "post to an existing thread." I could post to a chat group; seriously? I did find an address line header, so hoped if I typed the thread name there it would join me to the other thread. I guess not.

I did use it. I was spending more time struggling to post at the lounge than struggling to make a decent hat, so called a breather yesterday evening and today. I got a lot accomplish, was feeling good, and thought I'd run circles around the app.I took the shots then opened Tapatalk, clicked new photo, clicked group, clicked Fedora Lounge, and then got choices that didn't help, there was no, "post to an existing thread." I could post to a chat group; seriously? I did find an address line header, so hoped if I typed the thread name there it would join me to the other thread. I guess not.

Just go to the hat forum, find the thread, tap on it, and at the bottom right there should be an arrow that if you tap on it you can add to that thread. Don’t get discouraged, we are all the new guy at some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JessieJames

One of the Regulars
Straight outta the box today.
Hornskov from Copenhagen.
A little bit Charles Russell,
A little bit boss of the Plains,
A lot of weird and wonderful, and I know it’s unusual but I’m pretty delighted at this one so far. 50% beaver body, sorta sugarloaf crown and nicely executed raw pencil curl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm eyeing getting the "Wanderer" from Hornskov. Which quality felt did you get and what do you think of the craftsmanship overall? Worth it? Soft hand? Good attention to details, sewing, etc?

Also, did you get hit by duties and customs? I'm in Canada and there is no free trade agreement with Denmark but he said he hasn't had any customers from Canada mention anything, but just because they didn't mention anything doesn't mean they weren't hit with any extra fees when they got their hat.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Finally! Thanks dangerouslyhandsome.
This is my daily beater hat. It's a stiff wool Scala fedora with a history of abuse. It was sunbleached, then painted with fabric paint, then sanded, then dyed with leather dye. It started put 7 1/8, but is now a 7 that stretches onto my noggin.
I wore it for a long time bandless between the fading and eventual dye, but then did the blue ribbon and bow to try my hand at it. I've improved since then.
I've decided this is it's last day. I've accumulated enough fur felts now to make one of them my beater.
13441f302727f8595b6a0e00815119b6.jpg
122a23783aa7bf77cf736dad8c08ae31.jpg
bb78d43f78767fd19592dda64c2675e6.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Finally! Thanks dangerouslyhandsome.
This is my daily beater hat. It's a stiff wool Scala fedora with a history of abuse. It was sunbleached, then painted with fabric paint, then sanded, then dyed with leather dye. It started put 7 1/8, but is now a 7 that stretches onto my noggin.
I wore it for a long time bandless between the fading and eventual dye, but then did the blue ribbon and bow to try my hand at it. I've improved since then.

I hope it ended up in the correct thread, not the clone of my own making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112