Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
J. Hückel ´s Söhne "Standard" "Crystall Velour" possibly mid 1930s.

49416606657_56bdf4ce7d_b.jpg

49416419191_b5c09eb228_b.jpg

49415953768_7e185481b2_b.jpg

49416651277_e3bd62af3e_b.jpg

49416453431_a913eaf014_b.jpg
Wonderful Olive Green and wide ribbon, Steve.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations ! You have lots of fun ahead...
Sure he does.
My granddaughter, Liberty Ann, who is my namesake in a roundabout way (I wrote a series of somewhat dystopian stories 30 years ago in my correspondence to a friend who moved back to MO at his mother's insistence after his wife got pregnant while he was trying to throw up an off the grid, very rustic cabin. My imaginary son knocked up his then newborn daughter --- she was his senior --- and sired a granddaughter named Liberty Ann, and my daughter named one of the twins for her), and who I've shared more than once because she loves my hats and is destined to be heir to them, just found some scissors and gave herself a mullet. The fun never stops.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 206960 View attachment 206959 Greetings All:
Today....i’m standing in the wind and rain in a black hat and wondering why...

It seems there is a lot of grief going around for many here, in our own lives, the lives of those we love and those we know nothing of.
Why always seems to pervade our minds and emotions and probably has since the dawn of man.
For some 46 years this Why song has brought somber relief, tears and reflection, and to this day it seems to make my Why days better.
I hope it does for those who are wearing “black hats” for other’s who’s time of no more whys has arrived.
They don’t write music like this anymore. I’m glad i was young when they did.
Thanks for your tolerance.
Bowen

Traffic: Walking in the Wind 1974
Not sure how I missed this one earlier, Bowen, but great post. Truly excellent.
I somehow never grieved my sister when she died late last Spring. I "manned up" and ran interference for my brother in law, keeping some family at bay with a theology based on miracles which was going to make hard choices even harder.
My hiatus in December was really a trip to the bottom of the bottle. My sister's death was part of it, but not all.
Traffic, in a strange way, has been the soundtrack of several of the most emotional chapters of my life.
Thanks for sharing.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Not sure how I missed this one earlier, Bowen, but great post. Truly excellent.
I somehow never grieved my sister when she died late last Spring. I "manned up" and ran interference for my brother in law, keeping some family at bay with a theology based on miracles which was going to make hard choices even harder.
My hiatus in December was really a trip to the bottom of the bottle. My sister's death was part of it, but not all.
Traffic, in a strange way, has been the soundtrack of several of the most emotional chapters of my life.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Steve:
You have my sympathies, i do recall your heartache during that time and i know well the bottom of that bottle. I’ve been blessed with 16-17 years of sobriety but still i have many days where a “why not” pops into my head. I only have to recall how things looked from the inside of that bottle to realize i never want to go through that again.
After @42 years of watching people die in my profession it was required to be hardened towards death, to remain functional, yet when i hear of other’s here grieving loss, a lot of those ghosts become real.
That Traffic song from @1974 somehow spoke to the Whys i’ve been asking since a young child. It lets me know there is no answer and that there doesn’t need to be one. In time, each of us will have every one answered.
I’m glad it spoke to you Steve.

Forgive my reflective ramble Loungers, sometimes a hat is just a hat and a family has all kinds.
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ