Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Borchert Berlin W. date stamped August 6, 1952.

49702204161_f367a3fdeb_b.jpg

49702525077_928789f0aa_b.jpg

49702395936_7305fcdd04_b.jpg

49702407666_4427ec9fbc_b.jpg

Borchert Berlin W. from same time period.

12308324633_a9197c931e_b.jpg
I’m such a sucker for wide binding.
The Borchert is my fav of yours that I’ve seen...after seeing many, many of your contenders, Steve. However, I have a bad memory and next week you might wear one that I’ve seen before and end up liking it better than this one.
If everyone here shared the same problem we could all be wearing “new hats” all the time and save ourselves loads of money! :)

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I have a VS black cherry with the newer darker felt, that is a very fine hat that languishes in a storage box in the Central Valley of California. This hat from Alley Kat Hat Co is a much more colorful dark red that I think is a Winchester beaver black cherry in the older color, which hasn't gotten much head time.
I walked down the hill to the coastal trail again today, with 25 MPH winds. The police started citing people for violating the stay at home order and there were clearly less people running around. Me and my hat stayed well away from the few people out and about.
IMG_5759.jpeg

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5771.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg

I have a VS black cherry with the newer darker felt, that is a very fine hat that languishes in a storage box in the Central Valley of California. This hat from Alley Kat Hat Co is a much more colorful dark red that I think is a Winchester beaver black cherry in the older color, which hasn't gotten much head time.
I walked down the hill to the coastal trail again today, with 25 MPH winds. The police started citing people for violating the stay at home order and there were clearly less people running around. Me and my hat stayed well away from the few people out and about.
View attachment 222986
View attachment 222987
View attachment 222988
View attachment 222989
View attachment 222990
View attachment 222991

My search for the old dye black cherry continues. Absolutely beautiful. Stay safe.

We made it to Friday, friends!
In granite, another Black Sheep Hat Works with classic black ribbon to match my gloves’ “stitching...”
FA2339E2-F759-4182-9B53-C0F339912571.jpeg
Sorry fo the fog. I need to wipe the lens.
Stay healthy, everyone!!

Note: This was posed when gloves were new. Don’t touch your face(s), wash your hands!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
We made it to Friday, friends!
In granite, another Black Sheep Hat Works with classic black ribbon to match my gloves’ “stitching...”
View attachment 223040
Sorry fo the fog. I need to wipe the lens.
Stay healthy, everyone!!

Note: This was posed when gloves were new. Don’t touch your face(s), wash your hands!!

Thanks for the chuckle this morning.

Early this morning I wore a vtg. Stetson Playboy for some dog escapades.

i-37PC3sq-M.jpg

I went out for a morning stroll in a cap.

i-QNzbqVR-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you soon on the street, Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp and warm this morning Michael. Waking up this morning found frost and ice results from a spattering of rain yesterday. Insulated and warm clothes we needed early morning. A jacket and hat for the ages is what I see you showcased this morning. Thanks for sharing.

Sport'n a Gannon in steel gray this morning. I have been really enjoying this hat. I will have to break out some warmer, lighter felts to brighten the mood.

i-4sfS2St-M.jpg

i-zKZdvwW-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -
Thanks Eric. Good to see you and the dog are still getting around. And with great hats, as always.

Another one of your hats I covet, Michael. It's starting to add up!

!
Thanks Stefan. You'll be happy to know that you've ruined green hats for me. They clash with my envy. Another nice set for you today.

Thanks,
Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
5ABF7BF0-F14B-43D1-9FAA-58F455F8AA32.jpeg
Toying around with a late 60s western Stetson . As you can see I melded an old Gus crease with the new fandango Square brim crease; that I personally, don’t care for. I’ll let you all know how it’s received with the eBay cowboys. Who knows, maybe they’ll dig it!
I used to mess with cowboy hats long ago, and like Brent said-@deadlyhandsome -a while back on western hat shaping: “they’re fun to play with.”
53419026-3CF0-4040-9D08-92642A368EE2.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko