Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Thanks Steve. Wish I knew who made this one. The only hint is that Deluxe Quality Finished by Hand and Mellow-Feel are stenciled in gold on the sweat.

Thanks Dave. It's the time of year for a quick cycle through my 3 piece collection.

Very nice looking hat, whoever made it. Great color.

Thanks Eric. There is still hope that the snow will stay north of me. I am just back from a brisk walk and I got sweated.

Both great caps, Eric. The fabric on the first one is great, and the second does do a fine job of camouflaging you in the snow.

Great looking Marathon, Randall. That dimension looks good on you.

Thanks Stefan. i thought it worked well. I believe this is the first vintage 3 piece I found when I started looking at old clothes.

You had an excellent week, Stefan. And today's Wilson is a great color. Looking forward to week 2 of the tour of British manufactury.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thank you, Michael. There are some good ones yet to come.

Stefan, Thank you! Your English Hat Series has been fantastic and I am looking forward to its continuation. I am still thinking about what I will do. Hopefully I remember! :)
Thank you, Steve.

Happy Easter to all! Dressed up long enough to get into the spring spirit. Yes, a straw boater, in defiance of the Hat Police. It is about as rebellious as one can be in these times. The boater is pre-1947, probably WWII vintage. It is made by Pedigree for a men's shop in Washington. Dating comes from the store locations in the ribbon logo. New white double breasted jacket and a Jerry Garcia tie. Allen Edmonds tassel loafers, Bridgeton model. Now, back into my sweats and dirty t-shirt...
View attachment 227111 View attachment 227112 View attachment 227113 View attachment 227114
Wonderful suit, Mike. I'd stick with that outfit if I were you. Prevents the wife from giving you jobs to do.:)

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
B6AFE4BE-AC4A-4755-93DB-071D71AEEEC4.jpeg
Here’s my #13 a day early. Hope it’s okay to cheat a day. A 40s RSDL that I’ve owned for eleven years.
I sewed the binding on last night.
My fifth try at a wide bound edge.
One of two with a cupped brim. I’ve found that I can do a decent up brim using steam and a round sided 12 inch nonstick fry pan. :)
This hat has a question that I’m sure someone here can easily answer, especially since it’s a Stetson.
When did Stetson stop calling their hats Royal Stetson De Luxe and start calling them Royal De Luxe Stetson?
C969CFFD-54EB-4BA2-BD36-D093616CB655.jpeg
25B996CC-3F69-4EBA-829A-41F15E6C49B5.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
I say repeat the hats at will sir. I enjoy your posts and seeing/reading about your neighborhood. Cheers to you and your wife.

Thanks, Eric.
There will certainly be plenty of repeats, though with the weather warming up, I should be able to pull out my summer collection soon...that will last all of three days before the repeats start - 5 if the postage ever starts up again from Ecuador.
I don’t know if you realised, but your posts inspired the setting for this picture from a while back.
upload_2020-4-13_6-42-39.jpeg

Thanks,
Gary
(Now that I’ve moved from New in town to Familiar face, I’m going with my real name. The Shoe comes from my last name, Shewan - pronounced “shoe in”.)

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 227135 Here’s my #13 a day early. Hope it’s okay to cheat a day. A 40s RSDL that I’ve owned for eleven years.
One of two with a cupped brim. I’ve found that I can do a decent up brim using steam and a round sided 12 inch nonstick fry pan. :)
This hat has a question that I’m sure someone here can easily answer, especially since it’s a Stetson.
When did Stetson stop calling their hats Royal Stetson De Luxe and start calling them Royal De Luxe Stetson? View attachment 227132 View attachment 227134
Good looking hat Randall

View attachment 227135 Here’s my #13 a day early. Hope it’s okay to cheat a day. A 40s RSDL that I’ve owned for eleven years.
When did Stetson stop calling their hats Royal Stetson De Luxe and start calling them Royal De Luxe Stetson? View attachment 227132 View attachment 227134

The quintessential classic fedora.

I’ve read discussions on the name order change, but I can’t remember where (it was on The Lounge) or what the consensus was. I wish my memory was better.

Excellent Randall... and you can play your game any how you want to play it :)

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
The quintessential classic fedora.

I’ve read discussions on the name order change, but I can’t remember where (it was on The Lounge) or what the consensus was. I wish my memory was better.
I found the thread you spoke of and read it. You’re right. No definitive answer, but at least I have some idea of when my RSDL was born. Sometime around ‘47, or less. Close enough for me. You said it was a quintessential Stetson. Why?

Tukwila

View attachment 227050 Hello, FL folks! Hope you’re all fine and dandy on this day that many celebrate as the Lord’s day of self resurrection.
A PENNY’s Marathon from the early sixties. It’s my shortest brimmed hat these days, at 2 5/16. I love the colors and the well topped effect it gives when wearing it. Sort of like an expensive, well tailored suit. View attachment 227049 View attachment 227048
I get that it's a short brim, but man oh man, what a gorgeous lid.

I found the thread you spoke of and read it. You’re right. No definitive answer, but at least I have some idea of when my RSDL was born. Sometime around ‘47, or less. Close enough for me. You said it was a quintessential Stetson. Why?

Not necessarily the quintessential Stetson, but the quintessential fedora. The proportions and the felt and ribbon colors are just what comes to my mind when I think of the classic fedora.

Tukwila

Happy Easter to all! Dressed up long enough to get into the spring spirit. Yes, a straw boater, in defiance of the Hat Police. It is about as rebellious as one can be in these times. The boater is pre-1947, probably WWII vintage. It is made by Pedigree for a men's shop in Washington. Dating comes from the store locations in the ribbon logo. New white double breasted jacket and a Jerry Garcia tie. Allen Edmonds tassel loafers, Bridgeton model. Now, back into my sweats and dirty t-shirt...
View attachment 227111 View attachment 227112 View attachment 227113 View attachment 227114
Totally sweet ensemble, Mike. Head to toe fab-tastic.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Hey Shoe:
There’s more to posting around here than having a ton of hats. Seeing what people wear in there own element is plenty good for me. I enjoy the context of wearing that day’s hat and a good story adds life to the show. Lol
There’s plenty uhhs and ahhs to covet but seeing extras like that pride and joy chair keep me coming back.
The Lorax educational journal...priceless!
Thanks
B
Thanks for your comments.
If you zoom in on my pride & joy, you can see a picture of me in a haori hakama (men's kimono) on my wedding day 23 years ago today.

Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy