Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Green Cury long hair last night
93223183_4104435749590899_1543422868916797440_o.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Your warm weather has you and the modern hemp Strat looking sharp.

30 Days to 30 Hats Day 16
Rogers-Peet Trivley (Mac Lachlan)

View attachment 228222

Rogers-Peet Trivley by Mac Lachlan
Light grey felt
Just under 5 1/2 open crown
2 inch Black Grosgrain Ribbon
2 3/8 brim with Cavanagh edge
1 7/8 tan leather sweat

To start the second half of 30 Days to 30 hats I present this beautiful Mac Lachlan made Rogers-Peet fedora that was passed on to me by @deadlyhandsome and I am very grateful. From its look... to shape and feel it is An absolutely wonderful hat. I like to call my Rogers Hall of Fame Hat.

View attachment 228229 View attachment 228230 View attachment 228231 View attachment 228232 View attachment 228233 View attachment 228234 View attachment 228235 View attachment 228236 View attachment 228237

Lovely hat and great brim dimensions for you. Cheers to #16.

Checking in, hope everyone is safe and well. The Bay Area is - knock on wood - beginning to see the fruits of our social distancing and stay at home policies. Meanwhile, plenty of time of to hand sew some face masks for essential outings. Stepped out in my Optimo Dillinger today.

Good to see your post. Glad you are safe and well. The Optimo makes my heart flutter when you post it. Love the glorious hued felt.

View attachment 228251 #16 Black Stetson Whippet.
Well, kinda. :)
Conversion done a while back.
I recently successfully bleached the rust spots out of the liner. This one had the worst and most brown spotting of any hat hat I’ve ever seen. Regular cleaning wouldn’t work, so I reluctantly took out the sewn in liner and scrubbed it with bleach and a toothbrush being extra careful not to get bleach on the color logo. Once dry it was ironed then sprayed with ironing starch then left to dry draped over a plastic bowl. Then ironed again and put back in the crown.

Thanks go out to everyone today who commented and liked #15 Mallory!
If you remember, that’s the one I got on a trade from @Frunobulax
View attachment 228250 View attachment 228252

You have skills man! I will have to work on a couple of liners today using your recipe. Cheers.

Janyška Velour possibly late 1930s early 1940s. The model name is blurred on the paper label so I can't make it out. The Velour is fantastic and very much like JHS Seal Velour.

This week I will highlight Janyška & Cie. from Czechoslovakia. Janyška & Cie. was started in the 1920s in Valašské Meziříčí – Krásno about 25 km from Nový Jičín (location of JHS, BB, AP). Janyška & Cie. was a Czech company based on Austrian hat tradition. Janyška & Cie. became Tonak Factory 2 post WWII and the factory was closed 1961.

49782372998_19da9ac724_b.jpg

49782921161_8cd28ff0c0_b.jpg

49782926136_ef01dc61d3_b.jpg

49783253142_0fe10ca798_b.jpg

Fur Pelt Delivery possibly 1930s (Photo from Peter Janyška 's personal collection)

49782430493_ff89f062b9_b.jpg

Felt Stump / Hood Inspection possibly late 1930s. (Photo from Peter Janyška 's personal collection)

49253521807_3892d806bf_h.jpg

Steve your Janyška Velour is very special. In a bit I am going back to see your post with the seal and other velours on the Comparison thread. Love this Czechoslovakian fedora. Classy and different.

Took the kids and my Campdraft out to the back yard today. After 3 attempts at shaping, I finally got it looking the way I like it. View attachment 228278 View attachment 228279

Campdrafts are make for walking and adventures. You look sharp.

Went for my daily masked Corona crawl in what I was told is a 70s Stetson 5X. Not too sure what it really is, but I like the color.
View attachment 228290
View attachment 228291
View attachment 228292
View attachment 228293
View attachment 228294
View attachment 228295

Thanks for posting. I look forward to seeing your neighborhoods dreamy landscapes and scenery. Your 70's Stetson is the perfect felt hue for your crawl.

Oh yes! Glorious contrast thin ribbon Perry. More VS fedoras need to be worn and showcased.

You do look sharp in a cap.

Green Cury long hair last night
View attachment 228321
Evening festivities were complimented with your grand green fedora. Thanks for sharing.

We're getting close to the finish of the English hats week(s). Still a few more to go.
T&W Lees eventide grey (the other one)

I am enjoying English week. Bully!

Thanks to all for sharing. Viewing this thread is a dynamite healthy distraction for me that pulls my mental energies from the tragic pandemic we are all experiencing. Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -

Good to see your post. Glad you are safe and well. The Optimo makes my heart flutter when you post it. Love the glorious hued felt.

You have skills man! I will have to work on a couple of liners today using your recipe. Cheers.

Steve your Janyška Velour is very special. In a bit I am going back to see your post with the seal and other velours on the Comparison thread. Love this Czechoslovakian fedora. Classy and different.

Thanks for posting. I look forward to seeing your neighborhoods dreamy landscapes and scenery. Your 70's Stetson is the perfect felt hue for your crawl.

Oh yes! Glorious contrast thin ribbon Perry. More VS fedoras need to be worn and showcased.

Evening festivities were complimented with your grand green fedora. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to all for sharing. Viewing this thread is a dynamite healthy distraction for me that pulls my mental energies from the tragic pandemic we are all experiencing. Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -
Thanks Eric. This hat is based on a vintage hat of Alan's that I admired, Art did a great job.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Checking in, hope everyone is safe and well. The Bay Area is - knock on wood - beginning to see the fruits of our social distancing and stay at home policies. Meanwhile, plenty of time of to hand sew some face masks for essential outings. Stepped out in my Optimo Dillinger today.

Good to see ya jlee. Great looking hat, and glad you are doing good. Stay safe.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Janyška Velour possibly late 1930s early 1940s. The model name is blurred on the paper label so I can't make it out. The Velour is fantastic and very much like JHS Seal Velour.

This week I will highlight Janyška & Cie. from Czechoslovakia. Janyška & Cie. was started in the 1920s in Valašské Meziříčí – Krásno about 25 km from Nový Jičín (location of JHS, BB, AP). Janyška & Cie. was a Czech company based on Austrian hat tradition. Janyška & Cie. became Tonak Factory 2 post WWII and the factory was closed 1961.

49782372998_19da9ac724_b.jpg

49782921161_8cd28ff0c0_b.jpg

49782926136_ef01dc61d3_b.jpg

49783253142_0fe10ca798_b.jpg

Fur Pelt Delivery possibly 1930s (Photo from Peter Janyška 's personal collection)

49782430493_ff89f062b9_b.jpg

Felt Stump / Hood Inspection possibly late 1930s. (Photo from Peter Janyška 's personal collection)

49253521807_3892d806bf_h.jpg

Another beautiful Janyška Steve, and I just love all your historical photos and ads.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Thank you Eric

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
My long haired English Woodrow today. That's my youngest daughter intentionally photo-bombing behind me. She thinks my hat selfies are a hoot :)

I wore it as a little homage to Stefan's wonderful English hats. Actually, I bought this one from him. IMG_20200416_141721.jpg IMG_20200416_141651.jpg IMG_20200416_141648.jpg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Oooh. Another fabulous liner... this one a bit older than the last? The color of the hat is fantastic too
Thanks, Joe. I think it is a bit older. T&W Lees did keep this colour around for a while though.

Thank you, Eric. Your hats and caps are always an inspiration.

Hmm, what is the date?
IMG_2986 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Stetson Whippet out braving the avalanches.
IMG_2988 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2990 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2992 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
4-17-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good Friday,
Michael
Cool Whippet, Michael. To avoid avalanches abstain from yodeling...

Man, another great looking T&W Lees Stefan ! Nice Homburg too.
Thank you, Tim. One black homburg just isn't enough.

My long haired English Woodrow today. That's my youngest daughter intentionally photo-bombing behind me. She thinks my hat selfies are a hoot :)

I wore it as a little homage to Stefan's wonderful English hats. Actually, I bought this one from him. View attachment 228376 View attachment 228377 View attachment 228378
She might be posting for herself here in the future; quality hats are bound to have an effect. Good to see you and the Woodrow, Steve. Like the Battersby another example of fine English hatmaking.

A Champ stingy today. While researching the store it was sold from a ran across a little pocketknife on ebay with their name on it. Had to have it. It seems back in the day Belk would partner with local merchants to open stores, hence the Belk-Broome name:

View attachment 228381

View attachment 228382

View attachment 228383

View attachment 228384

View attachment 228386

View attachment 228387

View attachment 228385

View attachment 228388
Very nice, Tim.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My long haired English Woodrow today. That's my youngest daughter intentionally photo-bombing behind me. She thinks my hat selfies are a hoot :)I wore it as a little homage to Stefan's wonderful English hats. Actually, I bought this one from him.

Long haired daughter and hat are grand!

A Champ stingy today. While researching the store it was sold from a ran across a little pocketknife on ebay with their name on it. Had to have it. It seems back in the day Belk would partner with local merchants to open stores, hence the Belk-Broome name:

The advertisement, knife and hat are truly cool! Over the years I have accumulated a few of the magazine ads. I rotate different fedora/vintage advertisements in the frames in my wardrobe. The older magazine ads are grand nostalgia. The hyperbole filled ad copy that is fun to read.

Yesterday evening I was out and about in an oldster Stetson Whippet. It has the unique offset edge ribbon treatment were the bottom ribbon is bigger than the top. The sweat is just a truly soft and maleable leather. This old Whippet has a terrific quality sweat for a Royal version. The felt is off the best. It rivals Turf Club or Custom V's of the same age. This particular hat has a brim felt stain that I need to address. How? I have no idea yet. The entire hat was white gas bathed a while back. I will have to look up a few threads to see for alternatives. The flange is curious. It has a different flange as it is much more curvaceous than more modern( 40-60's) Whippets. The flange is in the mode of the 30's Stetson Scoop that I have. Very scooped in back and big snap in front. In any case it is a great example that the Whippet model of Stetson was offered for many years and they are definitely NOT the same.

i-bT5CjXB-M.jpg

This morning my long walk-about was made wearing a VS thin ribbon in sage beaver. This was inspired by the Stetson Stratoliner (a hat of mine from the 40's). The sage green is unique and I really like it.

I included a shot of one of the eagle families. The shot was taken after the eagle picked up something from the river and flew it to the roost.

i-wGPZD97-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk