Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Weather is getting nice. So the federation III gets some action.
B36C794C-4169-477A-B8E4-C36E6D0B6268.jpeg

7790E767-C3FB-43F5-9496-F91B1D9D1B0E.jpeg

7825AECE-6DD2-4DA2-8B76-7DFDE4824C85.jpeg

have a great day everyone
Johnny

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have been taking advantage of the warmer weather today. I began with a dog soiree while wearing a Gannon (bone beaver felt). The sun feels good.

i-VSnNW6F-M.jpg

Back home doing outside chores I was chilled and put on a warmer vest and changed hats. A stetson unlined Playboy was my hat choice.

i-rMMBgnb-M.jpg

Breakfast outside in a Monsavais cap.

i-j9zt5vm-M.jpg

Pre-lunch jaunt in a vintage Stetson Buccaneer. (Not exactly the same as the hat in the advertisement as it has only half of the brim spiral stitched. Until I can see an example of an entire stitched brim, I claim Buccaneer.)

i-bkdLkvj-M.jpg

i-kDrFtkq-M.jpg

After lunch I was hanging out by the dock in a Lee Desert Tones. The waterfowl are very busy today.

i-VThsrjv-M.jpg

I headed out to do a "welfare check" on my wife's elderly Aunt. She is doing well and appreciated the groceries I dropped on the doorstep. We held a conversation thru the front window and shared a beverage. She sipped tea and I sipped a mug of coffee. I wore a Homburg. She commented that I needed to wear a less dressy hat. The homburg was to dressy. Right she is! Our discussion was easily started as she spoke about how her late husband wore a hat daily. His favorite hats were the "New York hats" -Mallory's. When their family was doing well, post depression, he had as many as 3 hats in the hall closet.

i-fqWtcMg-M.jpg

On with the balance of Saturday evening. Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I've been trying to pick some hats that don't get much head time lately for my daily masked Corona crawl down the coastal path, Ke Ala Hele Makålae, but the days are starting to run together and I think this 60s Playboy has been out for a walk recently. However, I did break out one of the wonderful masks that I received today from West Virginia and the daughter of @AbbaDatDeHat. I'm stylin! Thank you to my friends in West Virginia!
My thanks also to the Hawai'i National Guard I met today on my walk, for their help in encouraging everyone to stay safe and follow our Stay at Home Order, and social distance while exercising.
View attachment 228625
View attachment 228626
View attachment 228627
View attachment 228628
View attachment 228629
View attachment 228630
I sent her those pics. She said “Looks good! That makes me happy!!”.
She’s a wonderful daughter with a very kind heart. Except she won’t let me go anywhere. Payback i guess. Lol
Thank you David for making her happy.
By the way, I picked that material.
It rocks!!
Stay safe.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I have been taking advantage of the warmer weather today. I began with a dog soiree while wearing a Gannon (bone beaver felt). The sun feels good.

i-VSnNW6F-M.jpg

Back home doing outside chores I was chilled and put on a warmer vest and changed hats. A stetson unlined Playboy was my hat choice.

i-rMMBgnb-M.jpg

Breakfast outside in a Monsavais cap.

i-j9zt5vm-M.jpg

Pre-lunch jaunt in a vintage Stetson Buccaneer. (Not exactly the same as the hat in the advertisement as it has only half of the brim spiral stitched. Until I can see an example of an entire stitched brim, I claim Buccaneer.)

i-bkdLkvj-M.jpg

i-kDrFtkq-M.jpg

After lunch I was hanging out by the dock in a Lee Desert Tones. The waterfowl are very busy today.

i-VThsrjv-M.jpg

I headed out to do a "welfare check" on my wife's elderly Aunt. She is doing well and appreciated the groceries I dropped on the doorstep. We held a conversation thru the front window and shared a beverage. She sipped tea and I sipped a mug of coffee. I wore a Homburg. She commented that I needed to wear a less dressy hat. The homburg was to dressy. Right she is! Our discussion was easily started as she spoke about how her late husband wore a hat daily. His favorite hats were the "New York hats" -Mallory's. When their family was doing well, post depression, he had as many as 3 hats in the hall closet.

i-fqWtcMg-M.jpg

On with the balance of Saturday evening. Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -
Always stellar hats Eric.
Great post!
B
Ps: i dig the eagle’s roost updates.

Took the new to me Resistol out for a spin today - a walk around the neighborhood with my wife.
Just for fun, when we got home I tried it with my poncho. I can't remember where the poncho is from - somewhere in South America - maybe Peru. I got it back home in New Zealand about 20 years ago. I used to wear it quite a bit, but not for a long time now. I figured it might work with this hat, though.
View attachment 228631 View attachment 228632 View attachment 228633 View attachment 228634
Damn.. looking great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ