Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Morning tasks found me wearing a couple caps.

252520C3-1BD0-437F-AD62-6922C8E23BA6-M.jpg

330307F5-08B7-4B7E-B681-D5FBF2DDA98F-M.jpg

It has warmed up to hat wearing temps for my grilling sausages and some dog food (roasted chicken thighs) for a brunch for my wife and dog. I have been wearing a blue/gray Brock hued felted hat. The overcast sky combined with the humid cool temps have the hat showing more blue.

The edge treatment shows a unique edge stitch that results in an edge looking like shoes with a pinking edge.

A78A004A-71E1-401C-A91F-406B70CDF257-M.jpg

This afternoon I will need to work on the black oak limb that fell during our recent blizzard. It has been covered in snow from the blizzard and our recent light snowfall. Looks like some effort.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
View attachment 295647 Today I use an interview photo. It was made in these days for a newspaper, the Corriere di Verona attached to the Corriere della Sera, which published it yesterday.
It is a summary of my life as a photographer and other forms of expression ;)
For those who want I can also translate the text :rolleyes:

Bellissimo cappello Daniele! I purchased a lovely Borsalino at a shop right near the Pantheon when I was in Rome a year or so ago. I do so miss visiting Italy, and now your article makes it more so!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael, that's a fine looking hat. You refer to it as a Dallas, it reminds me of a Stetson Stratoliner. I'm new in town, so forgive me in advance for asking exactly what this lovely lid is?
Thanks PDXHAT and welcome to the forum. Mallory made the hat and the model name is "The Dallas". Since I've never been lucky enough to run across a Stratoliner I can't compare them, but it's certainly a similar looking hat to that and the Open Road. I think this one is from some time in the 50s and it's a nice light felt.

I like that blue Elosegui beret you were warming your head with today.

Thanks,
Michael

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Two hat day today, though only one gets featured. Winter storm blew through yesterday that consisted mostly of freezing rain sandwiched by snow on either side. Makes for great scenery but stresses the trees, sometimes beyond their breaking point. Can't bring myself to wearing a fedora a la Eric (@Short Balding Guy) during cleanup duty, so a toque got the call to action:
IMG_3761.JPG

After cleaning up the backyard and myself I headed out for some much needed groceries, sporting a Dobbs Westward Twenty:
20210102_171611.jpg

Hope everyone had a safe New Years, and here's hoping to a much better 2021. After all, hindsight is 2020.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Two hat day today, though only one gets featured. Winter storm blew through yesterday that consisted mostly of freezing rain sandwiched by snow on either side. Makes for great scenery but stresses the trees, sometimes beyond their breaking point. Can't bring myself to wearing a fedora a la Eric (@Short Balding Guy) during cleanup duty, so a toque got the call to action:
View attachment 297476

After cleaning up the backyard and myself I headed out for some much needed groceries, sporting a Dobbs Westward Twenty:
View attachment 297475

Hope everyone had a safe New Years, and here's hoping to a much better 2021. After all, hindsight is 2020.
Ha. Good’n, Jon.
Love that Westward!! Super clean!
Glad you donned it afterwards.

Wow... if we are to have carry overs from 2020... I’m glad this is one. Very nice Stefan
Thank you, Joe. It just wouldn't do to just stop halfway (or thereabouts).

This Borso looks to have a nice Western flair, Stefan. We'll make a cowboy of you yet!
Thanks, Randy. In these parts I may already be considered a cowboy! Philistines!;)

Very nice, Dave. I like these classic simple lines and colours.

Morning walkabout in a Stetson Vogue. Much to my preference the forest reserve was deserted this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed the picturesque hike through the woods covered with some new snow.

04E9CAF6-D28D-42B2-ABC7-043A8A9EBFD4-M.jpg

DSC05154-M.jpg

DSC05188-M.jpg

DSC05156-M.jpg

DSC05170-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Wonderful hat and great pics, Eric.

Happy New Year to you. You know my preferences. The 5 ply is one we don’t see often. Great hats.
Thank you, Greg. I'll try to give the thin ribbon ones some well deserved head-time this year!

Enjoying the first measurable snow in 5 years here in my part of Central Texas. Two to three inch coverage overnight. After noon now and at 39F, most of it is already gone. The first snow on New Years day anyone around here can remember. Wearing my blue grey Sovereign Twenty to check out things around the house.

View attachment 296975 View attachment 296976 View attachment 296977 View attachment 296978
We haven't seen a single snowflake in what is considered northern Europe and in central Texas it snows! Topsy turvy world. The Sovereign is an outstanding hat, Randy.

Stefan, Thanks again! Another fantastic Italian series from you!
Thank you, Steve.

A great quattro, Stefan. As usual with your posts, I'm pointing at each hat saying, I want that one and that one and that one, oh, and that one :)

Happy New Year!
Thanks, Steve. I'll try to maintain the level this year; promise!

Happy New Year, my dear fellow Loungers! I have truly enjoyed our exchanges; and all of your wonderful hat postings throughout this past year. They were a pleasant diversion from the stress, heartache, and pressures of a turbulent deadly 2020.
View attachment 296998
Stetson "Bogie" in Alabaster
View attachment 296988
View attachment 296996 View attachment 297001
A new experiment with winter white.
View attachment 297002
Nice colour and it works well with the brim up, Reggie. Cool!

Not to let a good snow go to waste, I had to break out the 1930-stamped Knox bowler for a stroll around the fence line.

View attachment 297024 View attachment 297025 View attachment 297026 View attachment 297027
Well, it was designed for estate keepers if the story is to be believed. Looks good, Randy.

View attachment 297073 View attachment 297074 The Whippet vs. Hanover Square comparo that I promised:
These hats are more alike than different. The composition of the fur and the hand seem to be exactly alike. The only differences being the Dobbs has a 2” ribbon and the Stetson 1 3/4”.
The bow on the Dobbs is doubled up on the trailing end and of course, the brown colors are lighter and also sports a wind trolley. Other than that—same in every way.
I imagine this Whippet will end up with a matching wind trolley sewn on in a week or so. Don’t want the Stetson to suffer wind trolley envy.
View attachment 297075 View attachment 297072 View attachment 297071 View attachment 297070
You may see a newly transplanted young pecan tree behind me in the Dobbs pic. While shaving my dirt road, the county grader operator ran it over with the blade where it was in the front yard.
Maybe it’ll make it, but I kinda doubt it.
Nice comparison, Randall. I wouldn't have thought of putting these two side by side (but then I don't have a Whippet). Beautiful hats, both.

New Year... New Stetson....
Stephen L Stetson - Never Connected in ANY Way

View attachment 297125 View attachment 297127

Stephen L Stetson - Olympic Quality - Graphic
4 1/2 crown as shaped (about 5 1/4 open)
1 inch black grosgrain ribbon
2 1/4 brim with 1/8 grosgrain binding

Stetson.. Stephen L Stetson. I’ve had a hankering for one of these SLS hats since I believe I saw @Redfokker post about his and the Stephen L Stetson story. @Randall Renshaw alerted me to this one a few weeks back and I couldn’t pass it up. A lot for me to like about this hat. Proportions work great... the felt feels very good in hand and responds very well. It includes the Never Connected in Any Way liner disclaimer and also features the unique Carter Trademark Detachable leather sweat system. The manufacturing tag lists the model or color as Graphic.... I couldn’t get a good photo of the whole tag as it is pinned in under the Carter detachable sweat buttons. Taking a guess at 1950s on this one with plastic liner tip protector.

View attachment 297131 View attachment 297132 View attachment 297133 View attachment 297134 View attachment 297137 View attachment 297138 View attachment 297139 View attachment 297140
Nice find and a nice hat, Joe.

Hatsumode (the first visit to a shrine in the New Year) in our new hats.
View attachment 297242
View attachment 297245
View attachment 297249
View attachment 297246 View attachment 297248
Saying goodbye to the year of the rat...
View attachment 297243
...and welcoming the year of the ox.
View attachment 297244
And back home for some more photos...

View attachment 297252 View attachment 297253
Nice pics and wonderful hats, Gary.

Morning tasks found me wearing a couple caps.

252520C3-1BD0-437F-AD62-6922C8E23BA6-M.jpg

330307F5-08B7-4B7E-B681-D5FBF2DDA98F-M.jpg

It has warmed up to hat wearing temps for my grilling sausages and some dog food (roasted chicken thighs) for a brunch for my wife and dog. I have been wearing a blue/gray Brock hued felted hat. The overcast sky combined with the humid cool temps have the hat showing more blue.

The edge treatment shows a unique edge stitch that results in an edge looking like shoes with a pinking edge.

A78A004A-71E1-401C-A91F-406B70CDF257-M.jpg

This afternoon I will need to work on the black oak limb that fell during our recent blizzard. It has been covered in snow from the blizzard and our recent light snowfall. Looks like some effort.

Cheers, Eric -
That Brock is a stunner, Eric!

Loving that Acciaio and the fu Lazzaro. Perfection in a hat.

Michael
Thanks, Michael.

Taking The Dallas out for a spin this morning
IMG_0003 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0002 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0001 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0018 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Saturday,
Michael
A lighter hat for winter weather; works a treat, Michael.

Nice swooping brim and great colours, Brent.

View attachment 297476

View attachment 297475

Beautiful shape to that one, Jonathan.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner