Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I wore my navy blue Scala Classico while changing out my porch flags this morning. It’s not a high end hat but it fits it’s purpose keeping the sun off of my balding head. :)

FB0128D1-B086-4F79-9602-2923FDFC3BFA.jpeg

855EC532-4376-4C57-8520-0E1D551755A3.jpeg

Have a safe and blessed day.
Steven

Peacoat

Bartender
I wore my navy blue Scala Classico while changing out my porch flags this morning. It’s not a high end hat but it fits it’s purpose keeping the sun off of my balding head. :)

View attachment 345836
View attachment 345837

Have a safe and blessed day.
Steven
Your hat fits your purpose quite well. While my head isn't balding, it is a bit thinner on top than it was 30 years ago. So, I, too, wear a hat for practical purposes.

Seeing your S.C. State flag in the background, reminded me of an incident that occurred shortly after 9/11. My wife had gone to a seminar in your fair State. She brought back a polo shirt with the S.C. logo on the left breast. I was wearing it walking out of a building one day when I was stopped by a woman who asked me if I was a Muslim. I gave her my most steely eyed terrorist glare and quickly walked away. She probably had a good story for her family, embellished of course, about her encounter with a terrorist. What goes through the minds of these people?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. I am catching up on the posts made this week. Thanks to all for sharing. Glorious hats and hat adventures!

Here is a but of hat catching up:

This past week a 50's Whippet.

i-tPd99xH-M.jpg

Panama hat and after dinner treats.

i-3dV6JRQ-M.jpg

Friday's Stetson Vogue.

i-nX9Rj46-M.jpg

Well Dressed Head Wise Guy cap on a quick errand.

i-3FBsBBG-M.jpg

i-M827t2d-M.jpg

Friday evening was cooler and found me wearing a 30's Borsolino.
i-CNX7LJD-M.jpg

i-vRfKkhq-M.jpg

i-NwdpCdD-M.jpg

This mornings post dog soirree coffee wearing a 50's Lee All-American.

i-Hj6bGcD-M.jpg

i-9VxrXKh-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Guitar with built-in hat hook.
Priceless.

Yeh, not normally a fan of the cutaway, or the smaller guitar but itchy credit card some evening a few years ago. Brass bridge pins helped it. Might switch back to bone or ebony for the bass strings. It's solid mahogany so it changes with the weather, likes different strings in different seasons. My hands are beginning to go though, arthritis.

That hat is my favourite though (-:

A7964377-BF7D-4DC2-9A1F-BE2D0A24AE16.jpeg

Stetson Royal De Luxe
4 inch crown as shaped (5 1/4 open)
2 5/8 brim with matching grosgrain bound edge
7/8 champagne grosgrain mid ribbon

This Stetson Royal De Lux came off a white hot tip from @BobHufford and is proof that I am very weak when it comes to resisting a HAS attack. As it was less than ten seconds after seeing the stars on the sweat and liner logo I was hitting the buy now button. The felt color is a light tan sort of cream caramel with an almost matching champagne colored grosgrain mid ribbon. There are some foxing on the liner and a bit on the felt but nothing that stands out too much. The felt is thin a s shaped with ease. The sweat is nice and supple…. However I did manage to pop the reed tape stitches… so I will need to reattach. Shouldn’t be too much of an issue as it was just the thread that held the reed tape to the hat. Another interesting thing is the Stetson keyhole size tag is size 7 but the red reorder tag indicates 6 7/8… it seems to fit in between the two… so who knows. I know there was some thought that the stars in the sweat and liner logos indicated early 50s or older…. And that there is much conjecture as far as that goes. So I don’t know much on age… if anyone has any thoughts there it is appreciated. Thanks definitely go out to Bob for this excellent find which is going out with me tonight… loose sweat and all.

98EB9316-F4F6-422D-B9D7-8B3A229677C8.jpeg
5EAF9683-01B1-43D3-8E55-1A479E2BDF56.jpeg
A29B4B09-62A9-46E6-8FD9-3C2F10CDD774.jpeg

View attachment 346121

Stetson Royal De Luxe
4 inch crown as shaped (5 1/4 open)
2 5/8 brim with matching grosgrain bound edge
7/8 champagne grosgrain mid ribbon

This Stetson Royal De Lux came off a white hot tip from @BobHufford and is proof that I am very weak when it comes to resisting a HAS attack. As it was less than ten seconds after seeing the stars on the sweat and liner logo I was hitting the buy now button. The felt color is a light tan sort of cream caramel with an almost matching champagne colored grosgrain mid ribbon. There are some foxing on the liner and a bit on the felt but nothing that stands out too much. The felt is thin a s shaped with ease. The sweat is nice and supple…. However I did manage to pop the reed tape stitches… so I will need to reattach. Shouldn’t be too much of an issue as it was just the thread that held the reed tape to the hat. Another interesting thing is the Stetson keyhole size tag is size 7 but the red reorder tag indicates 6 7/8… it seems to fit in between the two… so who knows. I know there was some thought that the stars in the sweat and liner logos indicated early 50s or older…. And that there is much conjecture as far as that goes. So I don’t know much on age… if anyone has any thoughts there it is appreciated. Thanks definitely go out to Bob for this excellent find which is going out with me tonight… loose sweat and all.

View attachment 346122 View attachment 346123 View attachment 346124

Very nice, Joe! Love the colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner