Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Morning dog soirre wearing a VS Stratoliner inspired fedora (Dove beaver hued felt).

i-sw2Mqhn-M.jpg

i-CmxK6RV-M.jpg

The sun rising across the local fields made was picturesque. I wore a VS Executive (silverbelly beaver felt with a gill ribbon treatment) for a short walkabout.

i-qnZ4m2v-M.jpg

i-wSfws2c-M.jpg

Home before 8:30am I took advantage of cool weather to pick more rasberries for breakfast. I changed fedoras to a Gannon Playboy inspired fedora (blue-mist beaver felt).

i-QnxpW8D-M.jpg

i-sDv2wkK-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Fabulous customs today Eric.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Morning dog soirre wearing a VS Stratoliner inspired fedora (Dove beaver hued felt).

i-sw2Mqhn-M.jpg

i-CmxK6RV-M.jpg

The sun rising across the local fields made was picturesque. I wore a VS Executive (silverbelly beaver felt with a gill ribbon treatment) for a short walkabout.

i-qnZ4m2v-M.jpg

i-wSfws2c-M.jpg

Home before 8:30am I took advantage of cool weather to pick more rasberries for breakfast. I changed fedoras to a Gannon Playboy inspired fedora (blue-mist beaver felt).

i-QnxpW8D-M.jpg

i-sDv2wkK-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Great hat picks. Nice hat pics.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
A genuine LOL, Randall! Of course Wild Horses was a go to in my early years, though I’ve never really fancied myself as much of a GP fan. I love trekking out to Joshua Tree though, wifey and I even stayed in his infamous hotel room. For the Burrito Bros I liked their harmonies, but I think my fav for pickin’ is Why Are You Crying, killer tune.

Awesome tunes! Great harmonies.
Stayed in the motel room, didja?
Did y’all trash the place?

Figured you might tell me, yeah, I fly.
Up and down the neck!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Blare! Didn’t know you were sewing in hat bands.
Looks good and it’s a sharp lookin’ Stetson.
Thanks Randall. No where near your skill level. In fact I’m not so sure you can really call what I did sewing… more so just randomly shoving a needle and thread through the felt hoping to get the sweat somewhat snug.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Got some of that pesky arthritis myself.
The interesting binding and rosette trim on your cutaway looks great. Who built it?
So, brass pins give more treble response? Makes sense, especially on the 5th and 6th strings. My bassy 26 year old box might could use at least two if they really help. Has bone pins right now.
I’ve always used EJ 17s but recently found that 80/20 D’Addario strings help a lot to add treble tone, as well.

Oh it's not a high end guitar. It's a fender-paramount, that I've been fiddling with for a few years. It came very very dried out from some warehouse without moisture me thinks, with ebony pins, I suppose it's as much the solid mahogany as anything, as well as my awful hearing but it lacked sweetness or something.

I use my fingers and not pics possibly adds to the dullness.

I tried various combinations of plastic, bone,etc on bridge saddle and pins until the combination of brass pins and TUSQ saddle brightened it up. Likes d'daddario nickle bronze and hates copper bronze.

Or it just got older like the player, always a possibility (-:

Bone seems to work fine on other guitars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21