Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

bobm

A-List Customer
Well a L knee fracture has me housebound, so I'm at least enjoying a good cigar and some vitamin D.
This is modeled on the one Daniel Day Lewis wore in the movie "Let there be Blood." I had it pre-distressed as it might be some time before I jump in oil wells or rustle cattle.....
Just came in today. I ain't no DDL, but I'm satisfied. Shoutout to Mike at Buckaroo Hatters. 100% beaver - whiskey - changes color with the light. I do admit this is kind of an “out there” hat - not too common, kinda love it or hate it.

hatttttt1.jpg

planview3.jpg
plainview4.jpg

hatttttt2.jpg

Attachments

• Planview2.jpg
    Planview2.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Well a L knee fracture has me housebound, so I'm at least enjoying a good cigar and some vitamin D.
This is modeled on the one Daniel Day Lewis wore in the movie "Let there be Blood." I had it pre-distressed as it might be some time before I jump in oil wells or rustle cattle.....
Just came in today. I ain't no DDL, but I'm satisfied. Shoutout to Mike at Buckeroo Hatters. 100% beaver - whiskey - changes color with the light.
View attachment 378355 View attachment 378356 View attachment 378357 View attachment 378358 View attachment 378359

Well, I hope you recover nicely, but you look like you're making the best of your downtime.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Just came in today. I ain't no DDL, but I'm satisfied. Shoutout to Mike at Buckeroo Hatters. 100% beaver - whiskey - changes color with the light.
View attachment 378355 View attachment 378356 View attachment 378357 View attachment 378358 View attachment 378359

A distressed hat is a good choice to wear with a distressed knee. You'll get more sympathy, too. Folks will think you really have been jumping in oil wells or rustling cattle; maybe even wrestling them ;-)

Hope the knee gets better soon. Meantime, enjoy the hat and those cigars, Bob.

bobm

A-List Customer
A distressed hat is a good choice to wear with a distressed knee. You'll get more sympathy, too. Folks will think you really have been jumping in oil wells or rustling cattle; maybe even wrestling them ;-)

Hope the knee gets better soon. Meantime, enjoy the hat and those cigars, Bob.
Thanks, really limited to watching tv, Internet and reading. This was a quick backyard foray getting some Vitamin D and enjoying a cigar....

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, really limited to watching tv, Internet and reading. This was a quick backyard foray getting some Vitamin D and enjoying a cigar....

One should never under estimate the advantages of vitamin D, exercise, and the power of wearing a new or old hat. Hope you're out and about soon, Bob.

Cheers. Yesterday I galavanted about in a VS (Stratoliner inspired fedora made from dove beaver felt).

i-ZqCqLPs-M.jpg

i-G7HbcsF-M.jpg

i-QqcswLT-M.jpg

Outside this afternoon moving some yard furniture in a Gannon (Playboy inspired fedora in bluemist beaver felt).

i-xfGhsVZ-M.jpg

i-hfqXcFC-M.jpg

i-kRRHsMn-M.jpg

i-KXzTB87-M.jpg

Today will be our first measurable snow of the 2021-22 Winter season.

i-ZMMzNHb-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
There’s the snow! A couple of fine customs today Eric

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Enjoying the Lumson Hubbard - The Colonel and a well earned break this afternoon after replacing my collapsed closet clothes rack. Trying to avoid the dreaded next step of digging through all the clothes piled up on my bed deciding what makes the cut to go back in the closet.

View attachment 378497 View attachment 378498 View attachment 378499 View attachment 378500 View attachment 378501 View attachment 378502 View attachment 378503

Dang, Joe. Busting out some big guns this weekend.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Borsalino Ecospo in Pineta. Probably the hardest hat in my collection to capture colorwise as it green with brown undertones that really shine through in sunlight. Today the green was rather muted:
20211113_120924.jpg

20211113_120934.jpg

Apologies for the wonky crown. A strong gust of wind dislodged it while out and about. Fortunately I caught it mid air before landing in a sloppy wintery mix. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I switched to the more suitable aerodynamic Woodrow bowler (recently shown) later in the day.

Borsalino Ecospo in Pineta. Probably the hardest hat in my collection to capture colorwise as it green with brown undertones that really shine through in sunlight. Today the green was rather muted:
View attachment 378512

View attachment 378513

Apologies for the wonky crown. A strong gust of wind dislodged it while out and about. Fortunately I caught it mid air before landing in a sloppy wintery mix. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I switched to the more suitable aerodynamic Woodrow bowler (recently shown) later in the day.
Fantastic… looks great with that jacket

View attachment 378512

View attachment 378513

Great Borsalino, Jonathan, but I can’t stop looking at the coat! Very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko