Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
20211128_105752.jpg

An old Renegade by Rebelution I found in a thrift store. It was newish then,all the "patina" is mine lol.5 inch brim.
20211128_105807.jpg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The week in hats as usual. Here we go.

Mayser Wildleder
View attachment 382820

Barbisio Quarcia (yes, it's green, but you can't argue when it has gills like this)
View attachment 382821
View attachment 382828

Mayser Libelle
View attachment 382822

Lee Blue label
View attachment 382823

The Cambridge hat (by T&W Lees)
View attachment 382824

Mayser Wildleder (again)
View attachment 382825

Trescher
View attachment 382826

Wehrmeier (by Hückel) View attachment 382827
Hats, snow, and food-pics; all the right ingredients! Very nice, Alan.

Niiice!

Looking great, Reggie. The gloves in the breast pocket is the finishing touch. How is the felt on this Guerra?
Thank you, Stefan. I can not take full credit for the gloves in the breast pocket trick. One of my buddies from New York City has been doing it for years. This particular cashmere felt is somewhat indistinguishable in texture between medium to high-grade rabbit fur felt. I like it a lot; however, I am skeptical that it would hold up well under harsh elements. Hence a fair-weather hat. Your grand hat parade is fantastic as usual, and even though it is “green,” the Barbisio with gills is devine.

Quite possible as it was originally sold in a store in Cincinnati, OH. This one however uses the FU not di on both the sweat and liner. And the sweat indicates “Made in Italy”

The liner does not have plastic tip and is slightly different not having the “created in Italy” notation View attachment 382863
Hmm, interesting. Obviously we need more hats. For science of course:)

Wonderful all, Stefan. So glad to see you joining the Green Hat Club with that Barbisio. Looks a beauty, and oh my, what gills!
Thanks, Steve. I have my green hat moments:D

The Borsalino Misto Ionio again today.

Advent greetings and Happy Hanukkah fellow Loungers. View attachment 382867
A beauty, Steve. Hard to resist a nice misto felt.

Stetson Custom V again today.
View attachment 382871
View attachment 382870
Etsuko in a Maxim.
View attachment 382872 View attachment 382873
Just for fun…I was doing the dishes after dinner tonight. I looked down and saw this…
View attachment 382875
Excellent hats and coats on both of you, Gary.

Even Stefan can overlook a hat being green when it comes to fine gills.
Well, you never know what something with those gills is going to do!

Thank you, Stefan. I can not take full credit for the gloves in the breast pocket trick. One of my buddies from New York City has been doing it for years. This particular cashmere felt is somewhat indistinguishable in texture between medium to high-grade rabbit fur felt. I like it a lot; however, I am skeptical that it would hold up well under harsh elements. Hence a fair-weather hat. Your grand hat parade is fantastic as usual, and even though it is “green,” the Barbisio with gills is devine.
Thanks, Reggie. I see those Guerra hats at auctions now and again and was wondering.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
For the friends of wide lapels, ties, shirts, etc.: here the suit under the coat.
However, once again the same Hückel "Prima" as yesterday - also suitable again today,
as it is the big brother of the one Panos has shown before...

42531398yw.jpg

The pocket square is the icing on the cake Matt. But, oh my, what wonderful ingredients that cake has.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The week in hats as usual. Here we go.

Mayser Wildleder
View attachment 382820

Barbisio Quarcia (yes it's green, but you can't argue when it has gills like this)
View attachment 382821
View attachment 382828

Mayser Libelle
View attachment 382822

Lee Blue label
View attachment 382823

The Cambridge hat (by T&W Lees)
View attachment 382824

Mayser Wildleder (again)
View attachment 382825

Trescher
View attachment 382826

Wehrmeier (by Hückel) View attachment 382827
Any chance of seeing the inside of the Barbisio, Stefan?? In case you can’t tell it’s a marvelous shade of green.
B

I know I said I'll keep the velours out, but with so many great ones shown recently, I thought I should join the party! It needs to be black though:

JHS "Prima", Alpha Velour. Courtesy of @Steve1857

View attachment 382844
Thick and supple felt, tons of sheen, back bow, textured sweatband View attachment 382845 View attachment 382846 View attachment 382847 View attachment 382850

More on the way...the European hat carousel is very HOT at the moment ;)

Does that count for the black-series and buy me the entrance to the velour show?
Panos, Super looking JHS "Prima" "Alpha" Velour! Rare to see 2 JHS Velour hats in one day!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Felicitations on this early evening. I was challenged by my wife and our Thanksgiving guests to wear one hat all day. Thanksgiving found me dodging between groups. I found my role as host involved moving food, beverages and being social to the inside and outside groups. My hats stimulated interest. As you can imagine I changed hats. ;) My wife prompted a chorus of voices encouraging me to wear one hat all day. I chuckled with the uneeded attention and reluctantly said I would try. My friend then made it serious, he triple dog dared me. A triple dog dare! OK, game on.

I have today off and chose a Gannon Playboy (inspired by Stetson hat of said name in bluemist beaver felt).

"Now it was serious."

So far, so good.

i-pxpPmmp-M.jpg

i-xvDxVbQ-M.jpg

i-qHXfsD7-M.jpg

i-LXQmpJP-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko