Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Scooterz

Practically Family
My Strat decided to try a new BBQ joint. 20220114_135102-02.jpeg
20220114_135136-02.jpeg

171ABD17-A59B-4A4A-83E3-CE7C794FF856.jpeg

1920's Stetson Select "The Fray”
Midnight Navy Blue - Thin Light Weight Felt
5 1/4 Crown
Bright Orange Grosgrain Ribbon
2 1/2" Brim with whip stitched edge
Double row of brim stitching

My goal of late with new hats has been to only go for hats that are rare, old or unusual and unlike others in my collection… Or hats that really just “Speak to me”. This one managed to check just about all the boxes. In fact this one not only spoke to me on its own.. it also spoke to me via friends Anthony and @BobHufford. @Garrett was kind enough to work out a deal with me on this beautiful hat that I just knew had to be in my collection. But it wasn’t till the hat arrived that I realized there may have been a reason this hat was “speaking to me”. I mean as if I needed a reason other than the beautiful dark midnight blue felt that is so thin and easily shaped… it the realm of Vita-Felt. Or other than the wildly unusual bright Orange ribbon. Or the I have not come across a 1920s Stetson Select The Fray… if not for any of those reason… as I looked at it today.. I realized looking at the sweatband that the the store where this hat was originally sold matched my own sir name. (Unless I am miss reading the script… but certainly close enough). Oh yes… this hat has come home where it belongs. Thank you again to Garrett for being a rock star! And to Bob and Anthony for somehow knowing where this hat needed to be.

171ABD17-A59B-4A4A-83E3-CE7C794FF856.jpeg
FEE4F769-784A-4200-8A91-884965B5EE5F.jpeg
44051A35-6EB4-4499-8309-AE9A57C56601.jpeg
8402DB0D-C0DC-46D0-952C-72CFE8F5E98E.jpeg
9D59CB18-6424-4E57-B66E-FA0DD404F0D3.jpeg
C74B1DF8-39D4-41A1-B018-0FAA00B57A2A.jpeg

By the by…. I can’t help but think of the gentleman who walked into McCarthy The Hatter in Lafayette, Indiana in the 1920s and saw this gorgeous midnight blue hat with its bright Orange ribbon nestled among a sea of grey and black hats… and said “That one… that one right there! That’s the hat for me!”

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 395342
5 1/4 Crown

My goal of late with new hats has been to only go for hats that are rare, old or unusual and unlike others in my collection… Or hats that really just “Speak to me”. This one managed to check just about all the boxes. In fact this one not only spoke to me on its own.. it also spoke to me via friends Anthony and @BobHufford. @Garrett was kind enough to work out a deal with me on this beautiful hat that I just knew had to be in my collection. But it wasn’t till the hat arrived that I realized there may have been a reason this hat was “speaking to me”. I mean as if I needed a reason other than the beautiful dark midnight blue felt that is so thin and easily shaped… it the realm of Vita-Felt. Or other than the wildly unusual bright Orange ribbon. Or the I have not come across a 1920s Stetson Select The Fray… if not for any of those reason… as I looked at it today.. I realized looking at the sweatband that the the store where this hat was originally sold matched my own sir name. (Unless I am miss reading the script… but certainly close enough). Oh yes… this hat has come home where it belongs. Thank you again to Garrett for being a rock star! And to Bob and Anthony for somehow knowing where this hat needed to be.

View attachment 395342 View attachment 395343 View attachment 395344 View attachment 395345 View attachment 395346 View attachment 395347
By the by…. I can’t help but think of the gentleman who walked into McCarthy The Hatter in Lafayette, Indiana in the 1920s and saw this gorgeous midnight blue hat with its bright Orange ribbon nestled among a sea of grey and black hats… and said “That one… that one right there! That’s the hat for me!”

Looks great, Joe. Glad it found the right home. I've got plenty more in the classifieds if you're interested.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Wow—that is spectacular! Congrats Joe!

View attachment 395342
5 1/4 Crown

View attachment 395342 View attachment 395343 View attachment 395344 View attachment 395345 View attachment 395346 View attachment 395347

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 395342
5 1/4 Crown

That looks great Joe! Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112