Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Anton Peschel today. Visiting with my son
Screenshot_20220517-194833_Messenger.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
We attended my wife's Oregon State University 25 year club banquet this evening, she was recognized for her years of service to the college. Wore a DB pin stripe and a black German Lord's Hat (Homburg). This, paired with an
orange tie represented my Alma Mater's colors in style.

View attachment 426595 View attachment 426596
Magnificent! I bet you stood out amongst the rabble!
Congratulations to your wife.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
We attended my wife's Oregon State University 25 year club banquet this evening, she was recognized for her years of service to the college. Wore a DB pin stripe and a black German Lord's Hat (Homburg). This, paired with an

Great outfit, Mike. Good to see you again. Congratulations to your wife.

Always good to see you, Mike. I love the bold and well-thought-out attire. Congrats to your wife!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Love that look Mike.

Stetson with early marks.

View attachment 426735

View attachment 426738

View attachment 426739

View attachment 426740

View attachment 426741
An advertisement for Mullen & Bluett 3-4 decades after this hat was sold there.

View attachment 426744

So many (all?) of your hats are things of beauty, but this hat is just perfection. It looks so simple, but even the best modern hatters can’t seem match it. There is some alchemy going on with these vintage masterpieces.

So many (all?) of your hats are things of beauty, but this hat is just perfection. It looks so simple, but even the best modern hatters can’t seem match it. There is some alchemy going on with these vintage masterpieces.
Thank you Brent. The proportions give it an interesting look - not quite dress or western - somewhere in between. The felt remains moldable to this day - I steamed it and removed the side pinches that I'd worn in the past. Some additional photos I posted when the hat arrived were shared here. Pay no attention to the young man underneath the brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff