Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Stetson Playboy to watch Miami Dolphins come back from 21 points down in the 4th quarter to beat Baltimore Ravens. What a game!
C1E73E7B-27F0-48BD-B076-56F930B52C60.jpeg
AD99CDB0-BFCD-4FB9-B390-F143C123ED36.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Stay safe in that typhoon, Gary.

Sunrise in eastern Japan as I type this.

I hope you and all those dear to you are safe.

Stay safe, Gary. We’ll be keeping you in our thoughts.
Thanks, guys.
It’s heading fairly well North of where I am, but still expecting gale force winds this afternoon and right through tomorrow.
On a lighter note…I was hoping that you, Steve, as one of the more prominent British loungers, might have picked up on the “moronic orbit” comment I made the other day.
You may be right. My nephew (early 20s) couldn’t find anything to laugh about in the Two Ronnies’ Four Candles/Fork Handles skit. Not even a slight chuckle.
I guess that to him, I’m the strange hat-wearing uncle who travels in some moronic orbit.
It’s from another Two Ronnie’s skit, “Name Droppers”

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It was a modern blue hat kind of morning.

A walkabout in a VS Executive (inspired by the Adam Pacesetter (VS Winchester bluemist beaver felt)).

i-hMrWJrW-M.jpg

i-8bDXLZw-M.jpg

Home and some beach raking and bird feeder filling in a Gannon Playboy (inspired by the Stetson hat (VS Winchester bluemist beaver felt)).

i-dgstJh9-M.jpg

i-rp4CCST-M.jpg

Coffee and some deck time in a Gannon Wanderer (inspired by Stetson of said name (Winchester blue beaver felt)).

i-75NLzxJ-M.jpg

i-VHbxJds-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Down at the local comic con this weekend in my porkpie.
View attachment 452055 View attachment 452056 View attachment 452057

Johnny

Sink me, Blimey that is a handsomely styled hat. Aye, you, your Lad, your Bucko's are appearing as mighty Swashbucklers at the event.

Arrr, hat Mateys! I be wearing this deep blue Marathon this morning.

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

View attachment 452075 View attachment 452076 View attachment 452077 View attachment 452078

I have no idea what this means, perhaps the model name? IDK.

View attachment 452074

"Pinching Penney's"

View attachment 452073

AArrrgh - avast, becalm my heart that blue Marthon is a fine piece of swag. Bucko you were not hornswaggled when pirating the fedora.

Yo Ho Ho to all posters on Talk like a Pirate Day. Avast ye enjoy the day.

Belaying my vehicle to head back to the briny workplace, Eric -

I love the Miami themed hats you've been showing! I've been thinking about doing something similar to one or two of mine. The colors are black and gold (or yellow) for my alma mater App State.
Thank you Gary. This one came out of an idea I was messing around with a couple years back to make easily interchangeable hat band ribbons. Some ribbon I found at either Walmart or Hobby Lobby. It is held on with a couple tiny magnets.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys.
It’s heading fairly well North of where I am, but still expecting gale force winds this afternoon and right through tomorrow.
On a lighter note…I was hoping that you, Steve, as one of the more prominent British loungers, might have picked up on the “moronic orbit” comment I made the other day.

It’s from another Two Ronnie’s skit, “Name Droppers”
Brilliant, Gary. Loved the Two Ronnies' play on and with words skits :)

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Thank you Gary. This one came out of an idea I was messing around with a couple years back to make easily interchangeable hat band ribbons. Some ribbon I found at either Walmart or Hobby Lobby. It is held on with a couple tiny magnets.
Thanks for the idea - I would have never thought of using magnets. Nice!

Thanks for the idea - I would have never thought of using magnets. Nice!
I started out with Velcro. Which worked well.. but the stuff I used had way to much “grab” for my liking. Stumbled onto the magnet idea.. might have been a suggestion from a friend. They could certainly be sewn in or glued to the ribbon. But the ones I’m using are very compact and powerful. so I just use them like A clip with one on the outside of the bow and one inside. Looks like a tiny hat pin... sort of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ