Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

On the first day of Stingymas...

20221214_165240_compress58.jpg

A BGGCD.

The Shoe

One Too Many
So weather, life and an untimely Fedora Lounge crash yesterday stood in my way of posting one more larger brimmed hat along with the first day of StingyMas!

So while yesterday would in fact be the official start of StingyMas (according to the great StingyMas almanacs) I wanted to give this beauty a wear before my self imposed Stingy run.

Adam Executive

View attachment 472602 View attachment 472603 View attachment 472604 View attachment 472605 View attachment 472606 View attachment 472607 View attachment 472608 View attachment 472609
Definitely worth sneaking that one in.
StingyMas is an 11 day celebration to show love for our hats of Shorter brim Started with our lounge friend Mike @Redfokker. For anyone wanting to join in the celebration there are no set “stingy brim” rules.. other than that it would be hats at the shorter brim end of our collections. One man’s stingy may be another’s wide brim and vice versa. For me… I’ll shoot for brims under 2 inches.

I will start out this year’s celebration with one of the hats that started it all for me in my love of vintage Fedoras… one that for whatever reason… I don’t think has made it into my StingyMas celebration in previous years. I had set out to find something like Raymond Reddington (James Spader) wore on The Blacklist. $5 or $10 on eBay several years ago got me started with this dark brown Royal Stetson clocking in just under 2 inches at about 1 7/8

View attachment 472690 View attachment 472691 View attachment 472692 View attachment 472693 View attachment 472694 View attachment 472695
View attachment 472697 View attachment 472698 View attachment 472702
The main event! An auspicious start to StingyMas, Joe. Looking forward to following it from Aotearoa.
I was made for Stingymas. Duncan by Champ in Keyport, NJ at The Broad Street Diner. 1.5” brim. View attachment 472721
The more participants, the merrier!
On the first day of Stingymas...

View attachment 472746

A BGGCD.
As Joe said, one man’s stingy…
There used to be a guy on here whose profile signature was something like “anything under three inches is a stingy brim”. I miss his posts.

Definitely worth sneaking that one in.

The main event! An auspicious start to StingyMas, Joe. Looking forward to following it from Aotearoa.

The more participants, the merrier!

As Joe said, one man’s stingy…
There used to be a guy on here whose profile signature was something like “anything under three inches is a stingy brim”. I miss his posts.

Joao. He was in Portugal.

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
StingyMas is an 11 day celebration to show love for our hats of Shorter brim Started with our lounge friend Mike @Redfokker. For anyone wanting to join in the celebration there are no set “stingy brim” rules.. other than that it would be hats at the shorter brim end of our collections. One man’s stingy may be another’s wide brim and vice versa. For me… I’ll shoot for brims under 2 inches.

I will start out this year’s celebration with one of the hats that started it all for me in my love of vintage Fedoras… one that for whatever reason… I don’t think has made it into my StingyMas celebration in previous years. I had set out to find something like Raymond Reddington (James Spader) wore on The Blacklist. $5 or $10 on eBay several years ago got me started with this dark brown Royal Stetson clocking in just under 2 inches at about 1 7/8

View attachment 472690 View attachment 472691 View attachment 472692 View attachment 472693 View attachment 472694 View attachment 472695
View attachment 472697 View attachment 472698 View attachment 472702

That’s awesome - I love wearing brims between 1 1/2 and 2 3/8 as a general rule, so the majority of my hats would qualify! I’m wearing one now that’s less than 2” so maybe I should post it.

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Whew! I’ve not been here very much the past few weeks due to overwhelming work demands, but I’m getting caught back up now so I’m back! I just received a 60’s Stetson yesterday that was absolutely filthy and out of shape, but it cleaned and shaped up nicely enough that I’m wearing it today.

image.jpg

AF231252-A7EF-4023-9F79-4A8FFD6B9969.jpeg

2011A960-E5A6-4220-99B7-82687779B0E5.jpeg

That’s awesome - I love wearing brims between 1 1/2 and 2 3/8 as a general rule, so the majority of my hats would qualify! I’m wearing one now that’s less than 2” so maybe I should post it.
Hi Gary, the idea came about a couple years back that even though shorter brimmed hats don’t often get as much love around the lounge and vintage hat community... Red and I had decided to take some time in December to showcase hats of shorter brim that were still made with excellent quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner