Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 477976

Buckley Sportsman - Pork Pie
3 5/8 Telescoping Crown
1 7/8 Fancy Striped Ribbon with Back Bow
2 inch brim with underwelt

The 4th hat of the 5 Canadian hat stack was a very smashed up hat from a lesser known brand, with diminutive specs, it’s liner falling out and a good amount of discoloration on the crown. In handling the felt I realized the discoloration was ghost creases from the pork pie-ish telescope crown it once sported. A shape it definitely favors. A good brushing and steaming spiffed it up quite nicely. And I got the liner to play ball for now. Not my preferred style… but makes for a nice change of pace kinda hat.

View attachment 477977 View attachment 477978 View attachment 477979
Love it Joe, especially the ribbon.

Rainy Tuesday under a Granite Gannon.
20230103_155815_compress54.jpg
20230103_155817_compress0.jpg
20230103_155820_compress49.jpg

Arrived on the last working day of the last year, went into open air storage and then tidied up and put on.
View attachment 478050
Bantam Creazioni Speciali Cervo size 60 cm.. No indication of color or model
View attachment 478051
I'm almost certain it is one of the last high end productions of Cappellificio Cervo
View attachment 478053
The felt is particularly well finished with a long nap, but the texture is firm and has the marks of a pressing with the forming machine. Impeccable finishes
View attachment 478054
For this and other small details I consider it a product of the final phase of the Bantam brand
View attachment 478055
Very comfortable when worn with some thickness, given my military cut hair.
Tomorrow the presentation in still life of this splendid Italian velour
Very beautiful long hair felt, Daniele

131AD735-7798-4E14-974D-ED9E66974B4D.jpeg

Brock Canada - Special Quality
Very soft velvet/suede finish
4 3/4 Crown as shaped (about 5 1/2 open)
1 inch champagne grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with wide 7/16 binding

The final hat from the 5 Canadian hat stack is one that made me pull the trigger on this lot in the first place… Brock Special Quality. Having seen the very fine Brock hats in Eric’s @Short Balding Guy collection I knew I would love to have one of my own. While this Brock appears to have been well worn/loved.. you can definitely see what a fine hat it was in its day. The felt is a very soft whiskey colored felt with a sort of suede/velvety type of finish… very similar to the finish on Dobbs Gay Prince. It is finished with a 1 inch champagne colored ribbon and matching wide brim binding coming in just under a half inch adorning the 2 5/8 brim. The unreeded sweat is fairly worn but still soft… some of the stitching is coming off the rear. The red and white liner one was emblazoned with the Brock logo… though I can barely make out what is left of it. The feather I plucked from One of the other hats as it looked atrocious… however just seemed to work here. (Wind was not cooperating with it in the photos) There are a few moth nibbles… as is often the case with this type of finish… and I may continue to clean the felt and binding some. Overall one very cool hat that shapes with fingertips and a great little piece of Canadian hat making history.

Thank you again to @BobHufford for the heads up on this cool stack of Canadian hats. Was a lot of fun going through them all… definitely some keepers!
2DD0117A-88F8-4D36-ACF7-CA225461E5C2.jpeg
4C83B15E-D70A-492C-8218-521E6A27145F.jpeg
60828687-70B8-4108-8146-E426DD666B87.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 478170
Brock Canada - Special Quality
Very soft velvet/suede finish
4 3/4 Crown as shaped (about 5 1/2 open)
1 inch champagne grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with wide 7/16 binding

The final hat from the 5 Canadian hat stack is one that made me pull the trigger on this lot in the first place… Brock Special Quality. Having seen the very fine Brock hats in Eric’s @Short Balding Guy collection I knew I would love to have one of my own. While this Brock appears to have been well worn/loved.. you can definitely see what a fine hat it was in its day. The felt is a very soft whiskey colored felt with a sort of suede/velvety type of finish… very similar to the finish on Dobbs Gay Prince. It is finished with a 1 inch champagne colored ribbon and matching wide brim binding coming in just under a half inch adorning the 2 5/8 brim. The unreeded sweat is fairly worn but still soft… some of the stitching is coming off the rear. The red and white liner one was emblazoned with the Brock logo… though I can barely make out what is left of it. The feather I plucked from One of the other hats as it looked atrocious… however just seemed to work here. (Wind was not cooperating with it in the photos) There are a few moth nibbles… as is often the case with this type of finish… and I may continue to clean the felt and binding some. Overall one very cool hat that shapes with fingertips and a great little piece of Canadian hat making history.

Thank you again to @BobHufford for the heads up on this cool stack of Canadian hats. Was a lot of fun going through them all… definitely some keepers!
View attachment 478171 View attachment 478172 View attachment 478173

Glorious vintage Brock fedora. The whiskey suede felt sounds like a glorious feature for the hat. Go Canadian hat makers! I imagine this late evening how vibrant the red liner was when the original owner selected it from the Freemans Ltd. shop inventory.

Wow your recent Canadian hat stack find has some real interesting hat additions to your hat rack. Congrats Joe and thanks for sharing.

Eric -

RBH

Bartender
In the rotation this a.m., Resistol Western Thin Ribbon conversion.

Before:
Resistol-Western-Silverbelly-7-A.jpg

Resistol-Western-Silverbelly-5-A.jpg

Another wet blocking:
Resistol-Western-Silverbelly-1.jpg

Almost finished. Sewing on the thin brim binding:
Binding-Resistol-Western-brim-1-A.jpg

After. Salvaged the thin ribbon and brim binding from a scrap hat. Anything I can reuse, I keep.
IMG-20200822-142448130.jpg

IMG-20200822-142745114.jpg

Original liner, size tag, and sweat bow reused,...plus sewed in a new sweat:
Resistol-Westerner-in-Silverbelly-10-A.jpg

On the head:
Resistol-Western-TR-1-A.jpg

Resistol-Western-TR-3-A.jpg

Terry, I am always amazed at your work!
If you were outfited with a proper hat shop....I have no doubt your work would be highly sought after!
Another WELL DONE job!!!!!!!

Glorious vintage Brock fedora. The whiskey suede felt sounds like a glorious feature for the hat. Go Canadian hat makers! I imagine this late evening how vibrant the red liner was when the original owner selected it from the Freemans Ltd. shop inventory.

Wow your recent Canadian hat stack find has some real interesting hat additions to your hat rack. Congrats Joe and thanks for sharing.

Eric -
Thank you Eric. Your beautifully pristine Brock hats were the reason I learned of the brand.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

Terry, I am always amazed at your work!
If you were outfited with a proper hat shop....I have no doubt your work would be highly sought after!
Another WELL DONE job!!!!!!!
Thank you, Rusty! I really appreciate that!

I'm actually giving serious consideration to selling some that I have to buy some blocks and flanges to make up different hat sizes to sell. Hopefully soon.

Thank you, Rusty! I really appreciate that!

I'm actually giving serious consideration to selling some that I have to buy some blocks and flanges to make up different hat sizes to sell. Hopefully soon.

There's a guy in Cincinnati who just stopped making hats recently. You should talk to Mr. Miller about what's going to happen with all of that equipment he has.

Wojtek

Familiar Face
Dear Hat Lovers,

I wish you all the best for the whole 2023 New Year! Enjoy great hats, have great buys, and create great looks & styles, as always on Fedora Lounge!

But first of all, I wish you love, peace, health and a stressless year !

With the New Year's arrival I got myself a new honey-gold fedora from Polkap. The hat is beautiful. The problem is, I just have no idea what to fit it with, or what styling would complete it.. I guess I need to buy a green coat or suit :)

Best regards,

Wojtek

Attachments

• B65CF28C-91F5-4303-858B-B5766967C876.jpeg
    B65CF28C-91F5-4303-858B-B5766967C876.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • BD5B9CBB-266B-4EF3-9173-A131E99EF909.jpeg
    BD5B9CBB-266B-4EF3-9173-A131E99EF909.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • D0863227-5781-4F87-9117-8A053FDFD7EA.jpeg
    D0863227-5781-4F87-9117-8A053FDFD7EA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35