Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Snowman

Practically Family
Waiting for a meeting to start. Late 50's Stetson 7X Clear beaver, 3 1/4 inch raw brim. Originally had a center-fire creased crown and the side brims were turned up like wings wanting to flap. Just steamed it into this shape today.
Nice job on the crease.

Snowman

Practically Family
5C5E6E42-DE98-44B7-9803-D9C405A00440.jpeg

Outside filling the bird feeders in a Resistol Regent (courtesy of @BobHufford).

StoryPNW

Practically Family
I desperately wanted to be a Volvo guy in the 1960's but I found them really hard to work on...especially the carburators. So I gave up the dream and went back to VW's.
VWs are cool too. I like the old Volvos but my wife actually picked this car out, it's "her car" but we both drive it and I maintain it. I'm a bit of a hobby mechanic.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I desperately wanted to be a Volvo guy in the 1960's but I found them really hard to work on...especially the carburators. So I gave up the dream and went back to VW's.
The car that I dreamed of in my student days was one of those sports cars that you always see a Spitfire pilot driving in war movies.
MG-TD1.jpg
Then as a young graduate I went from single to married, mortgage and debt, such is life.
The greasy pole beckoned, my job came with a company car, the MG got forgotten.
The next 30 odd years or so just flew by, now we own our home outright, debt is in the past
and would you believe, we had a few shekels in the bank. That MG dream returned, what's
more, the lady wasn't against the idea, but she did point out that open top cars and hay
fever were not a good match. No problem, MG kindly did a sedan version, or saloon, as we
Brits describe sedan. They called it The MG Y-Type.
MG Day 2022.JPG jessica 2014.png
Christchurch Classics.jpg

StoryPNW

Practically Family
The car that I dreamed of in my student days was one of those sports cars that you always see a Spitfire pilot driving in war movies.
View attachment 479183
Then as a young graduate I went from single to married, mortgage and debt, such is life.
The next 30 odd years or so just flew by, now we own our home outright, debt is in the past
and would you believe, we had a few shekels in the bank. That MG dream returned, what's
more, the lady wasn't against the idea, but she did point out that open top cars and hay
fever were not a good match. No problem, MG kindly did a sedan version, or saloon, as we
View attachment 479184 View attachment 479185
View attachment 479187
Beautiful MG, what a cool car!

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
View attachment 479183
View attachment 479184 View attachment 479185
View attachment 479187

That TD is wonderful and brings back some great teenager memories. My parents bought and restored a 51 MG TD that same color. I got to drive it often. What a fun and cool car. I’ve been a MG fan ever since. Your Y type is something I never knew about. It’s gorgeous.

Last edited:

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Well I’m still kicking and on the path of recovery from the hip replacement. I’ve graduated from the walker to the cane which has give me some freedom to get out of the house. My loving wife took me out to a nearby tap house this evening for a pint of ESB. I chose a Stetson 15X which I think goes with my new cane nicely enough. It was wonderful. We were only there about 45 minutes and it wore me completely out. I’m in my jammies now and ready for bed.

E06F0646-4F40-4B56-B9F5-8CFBEA3949AC.jpeg

58B882CE-9FC4-46DB-85FD-BFF71AE4CDA0.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112