Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

This light weight Borsalino From Teo English Outfitters in Gibraltar, found itself at the bottom of my ready to go stack where it had apparently been for some time…. Needed a heavy brushing/tape rollering to get rid of the dust.

BFDA7E3F-68EF-4B89-AD80-A644B0C48209.jpeg
60D451A7-3735-42CF-AF99-4D5A0DD32964.jpeg
D786F218-1B0D-4C6F-8D65-8C9C06EE60DE.jpeg
3A246EA2-D563-49E7-BAFE-FD970480A7F3.jpeg
8C844D29-F8A5-43A5-8BD5-CB09204A5D34.jpeg

Beautiful hat, Joe. Love these unlined Borsalinos.
Thanks Stefan. This is as light weight as my featherweight ”coffin hat” even though there isn’t any sweatband notation. Probably lighter being unlined
Gibraltar! That’s so crazy. Great hat!
Unusual location for sure. I’ve come to the realization that my hats are more well traveled than I will ever be. Gibraltar also led me to think the 6 3/4 was UK size and actually 6 7/8 Us. Taking the gamble on what was at the time a crumpled super dirty mess.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
100% European hare felt that was gifted to me and I had VS make it this hat for me.

View attachment 483045 View attachment 483046 View attachment 483047
VS is a name unknown to me. Checking their website, they are not unlike Gamble & Gunn in the UK who will make bespoke hats to order. My hat size being rather large makes a bespoke hat almost imperative.

VS are indeed, very impressive. How I love some of their hatband bows and sharks gills. Such talented milliners.

VS is a name unknown to me. Checking their website, they are not unlike Gamble & Gunn in the UK who will make bespoke hats to order. My hat size being rather large makes a bespoke hat almost imperative.

VS are indeed, very impressive. How I love some of their hatband bows and sharks gills. Such talented milliners.

Art Fawcett, the man behind Vintage Silhouette, is the patron saint of The Fedora Lounge custom hatters. Art retired a couple years back and David Gibson took over. I don’t know if it’s still a going concern and I don’t know if the website has been updated recently. There are several threads here on Art’s VS hats. Art was also involved in training several other well-known hatters.

dkstott

Practically Family
Man, it’s tough the older we get. I’m down 35 pounds and still have a long way to go. My life has become way too sedentary and the weight just piled on. So far I haven’t noticed any difference in how my hats fit. Whew!

I started my daily exercise routine a few years ago, I'm down 80lbs. Been able to keep it off. I turned 67 recently and have never felt better.

Thank goodness for foam inserts in the sweatband of hats. But I had to donate several caps that became too big after the weight loss.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mallory velour, generously shared by Brent... his detailed photos are worth a look on the Mallory Mile. 1934- based on union label.

View attachment 483176

View attachment 483175

Wow, what an amazing hat Alan! And that is a pre-1920 Mallory script. They last used that in 1919 and switched over in 1920. That round mark with the "Velour" text looks a lot like the early E.A. Mallory logo. Don't recall the year they switched from the E.A. name, but it's probably very close to that.

Update: Mallory stopped being E.A. Mallory in 1919. They changed from the script logo of Mallory to the block logo of Mallory in 1920. Seems like your hat is 1919/1920.

The OG B

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko