Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Shudde Bros. / Wolfbrae:

A6D7735B-D8DB-49D4-8A1F-E9708C6B8703.jpeg
9ED7F8C3-8AA3-4378-9A2F-3F6FC8DF297E.jpeg
A6D7735B-D8DB-49D4-8A1F-E9708C6B8703.jpeg
9ED7F8C3-8AA3-4378-9A2F-3F6FC8DF297E.jpeg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hats of the week. On some days a very bright shining orb could even be seen in the sky. Very strange. Think I should report that?

Dunson Beaver
View attachment 482785

Tonak Jota View attachment 482786 View attachment 482787

Hückel Platin
View attachment 482788

Rockel
View attachment 482789

Cassé
View attachment 482790

Dunson beaver
View attachment 482791

View attachment 482792

And the military style coat at full length (sort of; it was the best I could do in a hurry)
View attachment 482793

Peschel Biber

View attachment 482794
Very nice selection of textured fur felt and the coat looks great! Thanks.

MikeinRome

Practically Family
I got caught in a downpour this past Sunday evening, but it turned out to be a fantastic night.
View attachment 483313 View attachment 483310 View attachment 483314
I had an opportunity to hear and meet two world renowned musicians, Wynton Marsalis and Naseer Shamma. Pretty cool!
View attachment 483312
After that I didn’t mind getting one of my better hats wet.
Super cool! Back in the day, I was lucky enough to see a lot of the old Jazz greats perform while they were still around.

Wow, what an amazing hat Alan! And that is a pre-1920 Mallory script. They last used that in 1919 and switched over in 1920. That round mark with the "Velour" text looks a lot like the early E.A. Mallory logo. Don't recall the year they switched from the E.A. name, but it's probably very close to that.

The OG B
Thanks for that added detail B… happy to add this one to my black velour stack.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett, the man behind Vintage Silhouette, is the patron saint of The Fedora Lounge custom hatters. Art retired a couple years back and David Gibson took over. I don’t know if it’s still a going concern and I don’t know if the website has been updated recently. There are several threads here on Art’s VS hats. Art was also involved in training several other well-known hatters.
Thanks for the insight, much appreciated.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Damn fine caps Short. !!!! Just what I've marked down off back burner. I've this duffle Gloverall for want of proper headwear not my brown fedora which tops noggin whilst light jacket or commando wrapped. Cordova hunt is on.
Thanks ever so snaps Short!!!!!!

Thanks for the cap compliment. Man can not wear only hats! ;)

The first Playboy I ever found. It was the start of a beautiful relationship.

View attachment 482565 View attachment 482566 View attachment 482564

Sharp Bon Vivant sir.

Brent looks sharp. The blue mist and dove are favs of Art Fawcett's special felts. Thanks again for making a blue mist felt available to me a few years ago. The felt in Gannon's hands provided a Playboy clone that I really enjoy. Cheers.

The hats of the week. On some days a very bright shining orb could even be seen in the sky. Very strange. Think I should report that?

Dunson Beaver
View attachment 482785

Tonak Jota View attachment 482786 View attachment 482787

Hückel Platin
View attachment 482788

Rockel
View attachment 482789

Cassé
View attachment 482790

Dunson beaver
View attachment 482791

View attachment 482792

And the military style coat at full length (sort of; it was the best I could do in a hurry)
View attachment 482793

Peschel Biber

View attachment 482794

It is a mighty fine line-up this week. Thanks for the hat compliment sir.

Is there something lost in translation this morning? "On some days a very bright shining orb could even be seen in the sky. Very strange. Think I should report that?" Followed by a very rain spattered Stefan.

Today's choice would have to be the Tonak Jota. Their website says: "Unique TONAK head gear are designed to not only guarantee refined style and quality, but also to fulfill required functional criteria." Can't argue with that.

That military raincoat could use a new home, I love it.
View attachment 482803 View attachment 482801 View attachment 482805
The orb that you speak of has made an appearance here too, not strong enough to give you the colour of today's lid, in fact, even the blazer hardly looks it's true green and the shoes are more khaki looking than the green that they are. Time to get a decent phone with a half decent camera.

Good to hear your wife is recovering. I look forward to more pics of you and Tina dancing up a storm.

Graduation Day yesterday called for my Brummel’s Homburg.
View attachment 482833
Later on we went out to our favourite yakitori place. I wore my silverbelly Campdraft…

So good!
View attachment 482835 View attachment 482837
View attachment 482834
Etsuko wore a Maxim Cloche. View attachment 482836

Your hats and pics are a treat to see. Cheers.

Fabulous lineup today, Eric. Not often we get treated to two different Rockel on same day… via yourself and Stefan

Serendipity for sure. Thanks.

It's gray, damp and drizzling in Rome, GA today, might as well be in England. Picking up on Stefan's military style coat, here's my late 40's- early 50's blue Mallory and a 1953 English Civil Defense coat I found in about 2010 at Goodwill for no more than $25. A lot of sheep got haircuts to make this coat! It's quite heavy-duty.

Thnaks for sharing your hat collection and jacket collection Mike. You have worn some real eye stoppers of late.

Akubra does its job well. Thanks for sharing a hat at work.

1951 Stetson St. Regis for Sunday services:

View attachment 482941 View attachment 482942 View attachment 482944

I’ve lost some weight (more to go) and my shirts are now several sizes too large. I’ll have to buy new shirts soon.

Dang, you have a lot to be proud of. Congrats on the weight loss. BTW< nice homburg.

Perry, the combo of sage Stratoliner and a green cardigan is marvelous. You have great taste.:)

Hey, I believe I can wear the exact combo (hat, sweater and shirt). I will not have a try as I will miss badly. Miss as I do not have a beard, hair, glasses and classic appearance. ;)
I disagree Eric. You have a great style of your own and some fantastic hats!:)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Here's a black Borsalino that I refurbished and blocked a couple sizes bigger. A fellow Lounger gifted this one to to me a couple or so years ago...

Before:
Borsalino-21-A.jpg

On the block, and a before and after open crown comparison:
Borsalino-Open-Crown-Before-and-After.jpg

After: I reused the original ribbon and bow...
IMG-20230123-041233620.jpg

Borsalino-Remni-4-A.jpg

Borsalino-Remni-5-A.jpg

On the head: The brim width is 3 inches...
Borsalino-Remni-1-A.jpg

Borsalino-Remni-2-A.jpg

Here's a black Borsalino that I refurbished and blocked a couple sizes bigger. A fellow Lounger gifted this one to to me a couple or so years ago...

Before:
Borsalino-21-A.jpg

On the block, and a before and after open crown comparison:
Borsalino-Open-Crown-Before-and-After.jpg

After: I reused the original ribbon and bow...
IMG-20230123-041233620.jpg

Borsalino-Remni-4-A.jpg

Borsalino-Remni-5-A.jpg

On the head: The brim width is 3 inches...
Borsalino-Remni-1-A.jpg

Borsalino-Remni-2-A.jpg
I like the way you decreased the taper on that one. Looks great Terry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider