Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Confession: I haven’t been wearing a lot of brimmed hats. It’s too darned cold and snowy and this winter has been relentless up here; certainly for a lot of us. But I did wear this beaver brand American Legend series hat a bit inside today. I reshaped and re-fit it a bit, and just the other day found this wonderful colorful horsehair band that fits it perfectly. There are so many colors on it up close, but they turn subtle from a few feet away.

Attachments

• 52A83574-B9E8-47C4-A609-6A7DF27C5502.jpeg
    52A83574-B9E8-47C4-A609-6A7DF27C5502.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 40
  • BB1F00B9-065D-46A4-9C77-24546A6AD448.jpeg
    BB1F00B9-065D-46A4-9C77-24546A6AD448.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 0E15E78A-8A40-40B8-A565-530B0E5C34D1.jpeg
    0E15E78A-8A40-40B8-A565-530B0E5C34D1.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 37

StoryPNW

Practically Family
View attachment 485325 View attachment 485326

Today I sport the venerable Akubra Adventurer. I was not adventurous enough to bash this myself, so the good folks at Delmonico gave it the Indy for me. But I do have an open crown Campdraft on order and I'm determined to play with a bunch of bashes, like the big boys here in the forum.

And BTW, for weather here in Portland, Oregon, nothing off the shelf beats an Akubra. (But you know that already...)
Hi neighbor, I'm just east of you down the gorge. I agree, Akubras are great this time of year and they get most of my daily wear, but I really enjoy the cooler weather for all of my felt hats.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Confession: I haven’t been wearing a lot of brimmed hats. It’s too darned cold and snowy and this winter has been relentless up here; certainly for a lot of us. But I did wear this beaver brand American Legend series hat a bit inside today. I reshaped and re-fit it a bit, and just the other day found this wonderful colorful horsehair band that fits it perfectly. There are so many colors on it up close, but they turn subtle from a few feet away.

+1 to Jeff's sentiments.

My caps have gotten many times more wear this winter than brimmed hats. This morning on a walkabout the air temp is -8'f (-22C) and the feel like temps is -22f. It is way to cold to wear a brimmed hat, IMO. A Filson Mackinaw cap was my head gear. My wife calls this cap my Elmer Fudd cap. She is accurate, but I easily argue that I am toasty warm and ready for action wearing it. Where's the rabbits?;)

i-tB8XScH-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Yamahana

Practically Family
+1 to Jeff's sentiments.

My caps have gotten many times more wear this winter than brimmed hats. This morning on a walkabout the air temp is -8'f (-22C) and the feel like temps is -22f. It is way to cold to wear a brimmed hat, IMO. A Filson Mackinaw cap was my head gear. My wife calls this cap my Elmer Fudd cap. She is accurate, but I easily argue that I am toasty warm and ready for action wearing it. Where's the rabbits?;)

i-tB8XScH-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Don’t you mean .. wascally wabbits?

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
Hi neighbor, I'm just east of you down the gorge. I agree, Akubras are great this time of year and they get most of my daily wear, but I really enjoy the cooler weather for all of my felt hats.
Hello back, Neighbor! As long as it doesn't rain hard I'll venture out with the other felts, but Akubra has become the go to for me as well!

Mighty44

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ