Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
7192AB2A-0EA5-4BFF-8F6C-D7BADDD6F5D6.jpeg

First one in the office and guaranteed to be the only one wearing an Eagleton. This hat has become a real go-to for me.

Happy Thursday to you all.

David

Croydon Supreme Quality - not a lot of info on this make. If memory serves @DaveProc found an ad with them looking for a salesman. The address was the same as Miller and Stetson’s NY address… but doesn’t seem like any Stetson manufacturing cues.

I have very little excuse for not wearing this hat more often!

View attachment 485885 View attachment 485886 View attachment 485887 View attachment 485888
View attachment 485891 View attachment 485889 View attachment 485890
That's a dandy one, Joe.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Croydon Supreme Quality - not a lot of info on this make. If memory serves @DaveProc found an ad with them looking for a salesman. The address was the same as Miller and Stetson’s NY address… but doesn’t seem like any Stetson manufacturing cues.

View attachment 485885 View attachment 485886 View attachment 485887 View attachment 485888

Joe,
I think I have figured this out.
I came across an ad with Croydon looking for a salesman, with their address at 750 Broadway NY, NY. The contact was for Croydon Hats, G.N.Y Hat Co. 750 Broadway. I am fairly confidant that this is the Greater New York Hat Company, formerly Greater New York Hat & Cap Works, sometimes Greater New York Hat & Cap Co.

Last edited:

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up

Joe, Confirmation. Croydon was made by Greater New York Hat Co. , formerly Greater New York Hat & Cap
The_Robesonian_Tue__Jan_28__1947_.jpg gny.png

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
IMG_5858.JPG

It's official: I've joined the International Association of Campdraft Bashers. I resisted joining for years from just plain fear of doing it. I'm enjoying the process immensely, and absolutely adore the hat. I'm afraid I'm hooked on open crown. Next will be playing with hat bands.

And while I have you... The Federation IV. Is the Imperial version to be avoided in favor of Deluxe, or is Imperial Federation IV going to feel pretty much like this Campdraft?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

I try not to curse, Joe, but shoot fire that’s one fine looking fedora!!!
If it were mine and could fit, people would be asking me; You have so many, why do you wear that one all time?
Well, that one and my other favorite of yours, the Musketeer.
You look gosh darn swell in it bruh!
{Dang, I get such a potty mouth when I see great hats}

I try not to curse, Joe, but shoot fire that’s one fine looking fedora!!!
If it were mine and could fit, people would be asking me; You have so many, why do you wear that one all time?
Well, that one and my other favorite of yours, the Musketeer.
You look gosh darn swell in it bruh!
{Dang, I get such a potty mouth when I see great hats}
Thanks so much Randall :D

Gotcha… I see…. So that draft card shows GNY Hats as his place of employment 750 Broadway when he filled this draft card out in 1941 (age 37)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ